Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. That's what I was thinking, can't you press charges for criminal damage? Since they jumped into a car and drove off, at least one of them is 17+, hopefully over 18 as that would make him responsible for any "minors" that were with him, or maybe that only counts for when they are actually in the car. Sorry to hear about the damage, hopefully you can sort one of the mirrors like you suggested and get someone to give you a good price on the door
  2. I'm on the phone with a horrible connection, so it would be next Tuesday by the time I loaded up eBay and took the link lol there is one if you scroll down the link posted above.
  3. Is there a reason we can't use the typical eBay flip out keys that apparently work for our cars? Except them looking a bit naff that is.
  4. Yes, I see what you mean about it looking too bolted on. I plan on getting the same lip eventually and getting it colour matched to my kuro Zed but with a contrasting colour on the very bottom section of the lip if that's an idea you'd like to exploit?
  5. KyleR

    Key Chip

    Thanks Lee, I knew the imports were different but wasn't sure about and different UK versions. Do you know if the keys from the Micra etc are different as they're usually a bit cheaper and easier to come by?
  6. KyleR

    Key Chip

    Hey, like a few others I only have one key for the Zed, don't fancy paying £160 for a new one from Nissan and the local locksmiths have quoted about the same. However, there are a few available on eBay with new chips installed so are able to be recoded and new blank blade to be cut. There is this one on which says it's for an 05-09, my Zed's an 04. Does anyone know if the chips changed in 05? Maybe someone knows what chip and frequency is in the 04 key fobs? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NISSA ... _862wt_877
  7. What colour were you trying to wrap it? If you were going for a contrasting black, then why not buy a can or two of Plastidip and do it yourself? It's pretty idiot proof for DIY and if you went for 4-5 coats it should hold up as well as paint to stones etc.
  8. Apparently the ST does 0-62 in 6.2 seconds and a top speed of 152, therefore the Zed is both quicker and faster.
  9. KyleR

    MP4-12C

    What size are those discs? Nearly bigger than the rims
  10. I'm assuming these people had just exiting a local drinking house full of the local brew?
  11. Drop links are pretty cheap, get them done at the same time as the bushes, after the bearings.
  12. KyleR

    looking

    You think? I'd love Alezan in my Kuro.
  13. Oh yea, I forgot it wasn't the retailer selling on eBay.
  14. KyleR

    Toyota FT 86

    I've have a good look at them, both Subaru and Toyota and I think the Toyota is a bit better looking, especially the front bumper. I'd be interested to know how similar the cars are on the inside, both mechanically and the interior. If the suspension isn't identical, i'd expect the BRZ to handle better and as I haven't sent he interior of the Subaru I can't say 100%, but I expect the interior to be better in the Toyota. I'm almost 100% sure there will be an STi type model from Subaru which would get my vote over the 86, despite it looking a bit better. But its hard to decide between it and the Zed
  15. +1 If I had £6k laying about, i'd have it off your hands. Although i'd have it destroyed in 3 months due to chauffeuring the dogs about in it
  16. KyleR

    looking

    Beware robbing Nissan stealers!! ^^ Good luck with the hunting - with your budget you'll have no problem finding something decent Happy zedding I'm wary of the stealers as everyone should be, but I only went to them as i'd only just bought the car and my cousins fiancé is a mechanic there and did all the work himself. Infact I got my P3 for sub £100 including a stamp in the book Next service I will be getting him to do out of hours, but this time I wanted to have it done officially due to some corrosion on the bonnet and me trying my luck at a late warranty claim It's a good looking car, looks to be in near mint condition and nice low miles as Vik said, but it's over priced by at least £1500. It's a pre facelift so has the engine with the least power and doesn't have the upgraded interior or bixenon lights, but depending when it was registered, you may be paying facelift tax prices for a pre facelift car. Here in Northern Ireland we don't use the 06/56 plate business so i'm not 100% what month each of those plates comes into effect. That ones an 06, so someone else here should be able to let you know which tax bracket it will be in.
  17. KyleR

    Opinions Please

    Option 1 would be good but you'd either have to disconnect the traction control or run a huge chunk of rubber around the fronts to keep the ratios balanced. Option 2 would be my choice, you'd earn huge grip on the front end possibly taking some of the understeer away, but your turning circle would suffer, but unless you plan on doing lots of 3 point turns that won't be a problem. Option 3 would be the perfect wheel, but the 3 month wait would put me off, unless you can source a couple somewhere else 2nd hand. Do you think the engine etc will be 100% up and running by then?
  18. Wasn't this supposed to be made form PU for flexibility? Won't FRP be slightly vulnerable to stones etc and may crack?
  19. What about finding a local leather repair place or similar and bringing it along for them to have a look at to see if they could modify them to fit the GT electric? Even if they charged you £100 to modify and fit, you'd still be getting an amazing bargain. Did you notify the seller about the centre sections and cut outs for electric controls? Hopefully if they are made aware of it they may be able to modify them sightly and sell ones that fit the GT.
  20. KyleR

    BMW Thefts

    No matter what precautions or new technology car manufacturers use to try to prevent it, there will always be someone who will hack it, or in this case, buy an off the shelf unit that enables keys to be programmed to the ECU easily due to regulations.
  21. There has been talk of adding a best before date to rubber dated 6 years after the manufacturing date. Running tyres after this date would probably invalidate insurance in the case of an accident. However like any BB date, they're probably fine for another couple of years after in reality.
  22. I'm not an expert, but non of the dents i've seen have been too bad, there's just 100's of them. Don't dent repairers charge like £30 a dent? So £3k+ to get it fixed, although i'm sure they'd give you a greatly reduced price due to the circumstances.
  23. KyleR

    I girled it.

    See new post from trader "Driftworks" .......... I think Ive found my answer I've heard those being mentioned before, but never really knew what was being talked about. Seems like a good option for those with the OEM exhaust and want to have some bark every now and again
  24. KyleR

    looking

    Don't worry too much about imports, if it has all the relevant documentation, has been converted for use on UK roads (mph etc) and has everything you want, it'll be just the same as a UK car, except the slightly higher insurance premium, but that should be offset by saving a grand or 2 not he price. You have £10k to spend so for that kind of money you won't even be looking at imports and should be able to get a well looked after UK GT model '06+ for that kind of cash in Kuro black. As for the big service, there are 3 service levels on the 350, P1, P2 and P3, P1 is oil and oil filter, there other 2 just include the air filter as well and the only difference between the P2 and P3 is an addition check or two that won't even be performed/is performed at P2 anyway. Quote I got from Nissan main dealer was £170 for P1 and £230 for P2 with the P3 being £20 more. Have a good look through the service history and make sure it's been serviced every 9k/1 year, not every year and having done 15k or something ridiculous. There is no real way to prove the service has been done except whats in the service manual or if the service has just been done and you look at the air filter and it's filthy. Depending where you located, there are quite a few Zed experts on this forum who will service your car at a much higher level than a dealers for cheaper or you could simply purchase the OEM service parts from them and do it yourself. Have a good read at this thread, it will detail many of the things to look out for when viewing potential Zeds: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23843 Good luck finding your perfect car
  25. I hope everyones cars gets sorted, it seems insurance companies are not making an act of god big deal out of it and simply paying up as they should, however, annoyingly all those affected will have a higher premium next year due to making a claim, which is kind of ridiculous due to the nature of the claim.
×
×
  • Create New...