Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. It may be that you are holding the 'speak' button down for too long Kyle. A short press initiates the system, while a longer press automatically redials the last dialled number. If that's the case i'm going to
  2. Looks pretty cool on the right car, not the Beemer.
  3. I have the instructions and have tried the deleting all photo book entries that's on page 13, but as soon as I hold the speak button for 1 second, there is no voice, it just dials some random number
  4. Good idea getting a lend of Clowns. I have issues with mine too, but seeing as it never worked right, I don't really miss it. I also wasn't aware it is supposed to show up the device name when it connected, mine just says "PHONE" The problem with mine is I can only take incoming calls hands free, if I use the phone to call then it works fine and if I receive a call whilst driving I can use the appropriate button to answer etc. However, I can't program it at all, if I try to follow the instructions in the manual, on pressing the first button it automatically calls a random number I don't know, I'm assuming it's a previous owner or something. Anyway, sorry for kind of hijacking your thread, I didn't mean too
  5. If you mean the standard 18s that came with all earlier zeds, then I don't think anything other than a silver will look decent at all.
  6. Not necessarily; there are quite a few things in the new MOT rules that aren't compulsory to have on the car, but have to work if they are present. Headlight washers for example, a lot of new cars still don't have them, but if your car had them from the factory then they have to be present and working. Stupid I know, but them's the rules. DB Aren't headlight washers only required if the car is fitted with HID's, which also means the car has to have auto leveling lights too. But most newer cars have HID's and therefore washers and auto leveling anyway. My washers weren't checked at the last MoT in April, except for the front windscreen ones, and that's in Northern Ireland with our purpose built state run MoT centres the size of warehouses, which have in the past during trials, actually failed brand new cars straight out of the factory
  7. It makes sense that rear wipers aren't part of the MoT, otherwise there'd be no convertibles/roadsters on the roads.
  8. Mine worked perfectly fine when I was checking her over, but a couple of months later when the "warmer" more humid weather came in, the drivers side motor started to do the same thing, but only when it was warm(ish). Haven't got round to cleaning the connector as per the guide on here, but should hopefully fix your problem. The oddest thing about this problem is that the window still drops 100% of the time when first getting into the car, it just doesn't go back up again when you close the door and the switch won't work until it cools down a bit
  9. Offer him £8k and let him work you up til £8.5k then bite his hand off! Such a nice clean looking motor, in the fastest colour too
  10. You currently have HIDs
  11. The reflectors on kuro are same colour as any other zed. The smoked ones that Tarmac is talking about are smoke coloured, ie. black
  12. Why can't it be tested on the rollers? Had mine in April and brakes were done on the rollers like any other car.
  13. Looks like someones got fed up with a rung bolt or something on the other one and just chipped the bracket away On the plus side, both appear to come with the ballasts which if working, could easily sell for £80ish each.
  14. KyleR

    bendy tape

    take your pick: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_sca ... 9427a91ac9
  15. I vote for a stick on plate in the OEM place, although it's a grey area in the law.
  16. I honestly don't know if they use UK call centres anymore, but I'm with Admiral now and although only phoned them twice, once to get the policy and once to amend it, both times were UK, and with Elephant being under the same corporate umbrella, I can only assume they are the same...
  17. Clunky 1st - 2nd is pretty normal when cold, but it wouldn't do any harm changing it for piece of mind. Are you sure the P3 is not just top up brake fluid/change if required? If it needs changed they'll charge extra onto of the P3 price. I don't know about your local Nissan, but mine has a deal on ATM £39 for a complete brake fluid change which I think is pretty reasonable especially if it'll be a bit cheaper if I supply my own fluid and also £60 to service the aircon, which may or may not be another thing to add to your list.
  18. KyleR

    Front tow cover

    I have something similar on mine, not as bad as that, but a few spots here and there, Nissan dealer agreed with me that it's under warranty and has put the claim in motion. It'll take a long long time though, Nissan HQ are in no hurry to pay out. But I think there are a few members on here who have claimed and got new bonnets because of similar corrosion. I would be getting back at them and asking them to define what exactly warrants a claim. Are they suggesting the car can corrode and shed all it's paint, but if there is no holes, it's ok? What you and I and many members have is the earlier stages or corrosion before it eats right through the metal, it's only a matter of time. Besides it doesn't cost the dealer anything, HQ supplies the replacement parts and should be compensating the dealer for any work undertaken.
  19. Even with cash I would be wary unless it's sterling. Most of us don't have enough experience handling Euro's to know instantly if they're real or fake. Make sure he brings cash then go to the bank with him to lodge it, then hopefully all is ok.
  20. I was with Elephant 10 years ago when I was learning to drive. Cost me £1400 when other companies were quoting £4k I had a claim with them in that first year for the car getting broke into and the dash ripped apart to get the stereo. £1300 worth of damage on a car that was valued at £1200 and they still paid to get it fixed without any hassle. I just phoned up their claim department and they sent me an email with the form, filled it out and they arranged for someone to come see the damage and give me the information on how to get it fixed. I could use any garage I wanted and just give the details to claim from Elephant. Was all sorted in a couple of weeks and back on the road. The only thing I would ask you to look at is the term, make sure it's not for 10 months rather than 12. They so a NCB bonus thing where after a 10 month policy you get 1 years NC. Also if you're not going to be paying it in full, add about 50% on and that'll be your new premium after months payments.
  21. You should be able to amend it and get more discount. I sorted that out for my dad a few days ago when we noticed there was only 9 years NC but intact there was 11. Policy went down by about £110 and that was 4 months into the policy
  22. KyleR

    Front tow cover

    On a side note, that looks like quite a bit of corrosion on the very front near side of the bonnet? Get it down to your local Nissan dealership and put in a warranty claim, it's 12 years on the Zed.
  23. Whats the gear change like? If it's a little clunky I would do that now, along with a P1 and the plugs, you can always have a look at the filter and see what condition it's in, but chances are you'll have it ripped out and a Pop Charger thrown in inside 6 months anyway
  24. I love the RX7, but they're as rare as hens teeth over here, so rare that i've actually never seen one in the flesh. I think in the 3 months I was searching for cars before buying the Zed there was one for sale, but for about £10k. I read somewhere that Mazda might be bringing out a new one soonish
  25. I like white Zed's, but I certainly wouldn't be putting white wheels on it. I can see peoples points about black wheels being a bit of a waste because you can't see the design that's went into them, but I still want some for my Zed with a painted lip. I wouldn't be choosing something fancy or hugely expensive, just something like Grid Drifts with a nice sized painted dish.
×
×
  • Create New...