-
Posts
7,614 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by KyleR
-
Car sounds awesome with a blown exhaust, doesn't it? It's only a problem if you have a long commute as it'll drone like a mother... I don't think there is anything on the market that can really replicate that sound without it being annoying whilst cruising. I'm considering getting a custom system made to at least come close to that spitting fiery Jap dragon that I used to have before getting the exhaust welded and fixed.
-
I think you'll find it says that they have to be present and operational if they were fitted as standard when the car left the factory. OK, thanks for clearing that up
-
Didn't most companies factor in 10%, so you couldn't blame the speedo if you got caught speeding? I think legally they now have to make it accurate... although I have no source / evidence to back this up! I don't know about cars, but it's pretty common for motorcycle manufacturers to add 10+% to up their customers ego.
-
Someone on here notified their insurance company that they fitted locking wheel nuts. Obviously something which makes a part of the car more safe from thieves, premium went up, WTF?
-
Has anyone else noticed that the speeds on the dash and trip computer are usually different? At town speeds I notice the dash reads about 2mph higher, at motorway speeds 3-7mph higher.
-
There's just something about seeing a super/hyper car that make you NEED to follow it. When I was 17 and on a 125cc motorbike (yes motorbike, not scooter ) I seen an F40 driving passed and I just had to follow it... for all of 8 seconds until he changed into 3rd lol Today I was in the girlfriends Kia and seen a small posse of Skylines and 300ZX's (Z32) I really really wanted to follow and join in, but it would be a bit odd tagging along in a Picanto
-
Mine pretty short... Zmanalex: Headlight ballast, loom, wishbone bush + advice CS: Brake discs, pads and HEL lines Captain: Stubby and cargo net I'm sure this list will get bigger in time as i've only been here 4 and a bit months, but thanks to them all
-
I see where you are coming from and it's completely normal with any expensive purchase. Something comes out, it's beautiful and just have to have it, but can't afford it, you start saving or waiting for a time when it becomes available to you financially, but by the time you can afford it, a newer version has come out, i.e. 370z etc so your stuck wondering, do you keep saving until you can afford that one, or buy the old model? Well, this is a decision only you can make. For me it wasn't so hard, the Zed was only just inside my budget. The tax wasn't going to be too bad being an '04 and the insurance was obviously going to be a bit cheaper because of it's age and value too, so a 370 or a 313ps 350z wasn't even an option, although Jag XK8's were and older Boxsters just scraped inside my budget too. I decided to go with the '04 350 due to feeling that it suits my personality better than the XK and Boxster and there are many many upgradable parts available for it due to it being around for a while and Japanese. This way I can make it truly mine. Good luck with your decision!
-
Ok, it's fair enough she didn't know that it would mess up the hack by pressing the eject button, but why would she do it in the first place when there is clearly no tape in? What did she think was going to come out? The iPod?
-
Don't take this as gospel, but I think the MoT regulations on headlight washers states that they have to be operational if the car is fitted with them. Since your car isn't currently fitted with washer jets, technically you don't have to have them. But I guess that all depends on who does you MoT, though.
-
I think so, but with GTR's and GT mustangs, it didn't attract my attention much lol
-
You don't think it looks like bigfoots dick covered in burnt hair then? haha I can't say I've ever seen bigfoots dick, but if you have any pictures I would be happy to compare/contrast.
-
I don't think it looks too bad, looks ok from the front, but I think the side skirts are too busy and the bumper makes the ass look over weight. We've all seen a hell of a lot worse to be fair...
-
That's the traction control button.
-
Some of the more exotic cars, Enzo, F40 etc, belonged to a Brit in Dubai who skipped town due to tax reasons. I think it comes with punishment of beheading or something ridiculous there.
-
What a spot, well done Do this as it obviously affects the price!
-
Selling My Zed :( - Is It OK to give out the VIN?
KyleR replied to Mickeywheelspin's topic in 350Z General
I would be wary also, but as p40ulw said, anyone could get it by looking through the window -
Bought mine Kuro '04 GT for £6.5k. It wasn't mint but it's not a heap either. The odd stone chip and/or mark that I expect from a 65k 8 year old car and needed new disks and pads. Overall cost me £7k after sorting out brakes and a service. The deals are out there, don't pay over the odds, if he doesn't want to sell, let him keep it. You're offering only £300 below advertised price + tax, most others would jump at that offer. I got £500 off mine by mentioning every tiny little detail that wasn't perfect followed by a rough price to put right. Try him again at £7750 + tax and if he says no, give him your number and tell him to call you if he changes his mine because you'll not be improving your offer.
-
Sounds like you're dealing with a good garage. Some on here will tell you to change the flywheel at the same time as the clutch because apparently it can become damaged with a worn clutch. I don't know how important it is, especially as yours was just getting heavy, but hopefully someone will be alone to explain properly. Congrats on the purchase
-
That cars all about the engine, it's very cheap coming from a dealer, even with 100k. Check the disks and pads on it as that would cost you a good £500 to replace if they're done.
-
I think your offer of 7700 with renewed tax is more than generous enough. Zeds with half year tax are going for under 7000 ATM (granted with 10k miles more). You could move on and buy a great one for under 7k and pick up a new scorpion for 375 and DD head unit for another couple of hundred. Also find out when/if the clutch has been changed because I think it'll be on its way out in the next year or so if it's the original.
-
Let us know about them once you get them, like if both have the section between the legs or if it was an error when choosing two to take a picture of and about the indents for the electric controls. I say fit them and see, I have black leather ATM but wouldn't mind a change to alezan, but didn't bid due to what I mentioned above.
-
Keep an eye on eBay like Zugara said. There was a set just sold at the weekend for buy it now £200. They weren't that bad either, needed a good clean and maybe 2 refurbed. Pistonheads also has them pop up every now and again too and I also believe there is a set or 2 for sale ATM in the for sale section on here.
-
Ahh, cheers, never though of using Photobucket
-
Use google to find a website that specialises in avatars. There are literally thousands. Choose one, save it to your desktop somewhere. Then using the User Control Panel, select it form your desktop. It should be less that 100x100 pixels from any of the avatar websites. Failing that, send me and pics that you want, and I'll resize them for you so you can upload them. ---------- On topic. Great offer Ian I've resized to 100x92 but the picture is too big, max is 6kb, but I can't get it below 22.Xkb no matter how low I set the quality