-
Posts
7,614 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by KyleR
-
It's just a cheap standard argos special, Challenge, but i'm not 100% on what model or anything. Looking at what they have ATM it's probably 2000W with a 360L/min flow rate and circa 130 bar.
-
On closer inspection it's fooled me too
-
I don't know about your power hose, but with mine the only product that goes through it is water, even with the bottle, it just attaches on the end like a lance would. I though they were all like this. I'm fine for the time being with the crappy wash bottle i can still use it to cover the car in soap before washing with the mitt, but i'd like to try the snow foam some day
-
Well the water from my taps basically just rolls out, pathetic really and the water board say they don't have to do anything. Anyway, yea I know the power hose creates the pressure, but I can't help but feel that if there was better pressure for the unit to work with, results would be better. For example, the crappy wash bottle attachment that usually comes free with power hoses, what kind of results do you get with that usually? I use Megs Nxt Generation car wash with the bottle and it usually just leaves a soapy fluid over the car with a tiny foamy bits. Obviously if I used a proper snow foam results would probably be better but I expected more foaminess even from the dodgy "lance" and Nxt Gen car wash.
-
Whats more important with getting a good foam, decent lance or decent water pressure? The water pressure in my house is bloody awful so I don't want to go about spending £50 on a good lance only for it to be useless.
-
How much are cat D Z's worth? New buyer... help!!
KyleR replied to Yella Fella's topic in 350Z General
I was just saying how much of a bargain this is in another thread, but seeing as it's a Cat D, it's about right. It all depends on what happened, if the engine blew when the car was pretty young they have have just had to replace the block so nothing else has been touched. It's also possible that whoever owned it at the time saw this as an opportunity to get the kit fitted on the cheap with the same garage that was doing the engine. Is there anyway to find out who all previous owners were since moving to the new V5's that don't list them? -
That's a freaking bargain!!!! Set of springs and spacers and she's looking stunning! Nismo kit and wheels, stunning example if it drives well for that money Exactly, in March I paid £6.5k for a bone stock Kuro GT with 67k, thought that was a good deal. I'd be all over that like a rash if it popped up when I was looking. My bet it'll be gone before the middle of next week. EDIT: It's Cat D - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=64161
-
I have insurance until the 3rd March so i'm good for a while. I was just curious what it would cost in comparison to the companies on GoCompare for example so adjusted the dates to show as if it was next year with another years no claims and experience behind me. Admiral quoted £1188, that box thing said no lol
-
Not when you think they are not calendar 12 months. Mine was 1st registered on 4th February 2009 but for some reason it's on a 58 plate. So it could be a 1st Feb 2007 on a 2006 plate. I do wish they would start there year on 1st January like the rest of us mortals! I get that, but excuse me if i'm wrong as I'm from N Ireland and not 100% sure about the plate system on the mainland, but wouldn't the 58 plate be used until the end of Feb 09, then the 09 plate from March and then the 59 plate from later in the year? That car is supposed to be registered on 1/3/2006 according to the add, so would be an 06 plate if I am correct and the HR didn't surface until the 07 plates. Correct? If it was an 07 plate with a DE engine I could understand, late registration for example, but this car would have to have been registered a year before it was released if it is actually an HR motor. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, every days a school day
-
There are a few 200mph+ cars there, but I'm gonna guess the XJ220 whooped the rest What a piece of machinery. I was lucky enough to see one a number of years back when I was about 9 or 10 That guy in the GT40 in the last vid has just used 2.4G of fuel doing that little blurt, but it's truly gorgeous, as all those cars are, except the funny green colour XJ on the Speed Trial
-
haha - booked in for my DA... so it will be my first bike. The bike above is 250kg's so not as heavy as a norm HD as its smaller. I have been reading a lot into this as it was my only concern.. (not being able to stand it up!). It also sits low to the floor and many reviews say its the perfect bike for smaller* guys . Im 5,10 so shouldn't be a big issue but I will def give it a test before I commit to anything. cheers for the advice It's a great bike, and a great bike to start into HD's due to the size/weight that you mentioned, I would just suggest getting a Honda Shadow or small engined Yamaha Dragstar for 6 months or so to get used to the way these bikes handle and ride. What are you going to do your test on/learn? Has to be over 400cc right? (don't have DA in N Ireland.) Wet Weight for the Harley is 250kg. An R6 is 190kg wet. My Z1000 is 221kg wet with a full to the brim tank of fuel - considerably more with me on it! So, the harley is heavy and would be a 'mare to manoeuvre when just passed your test but it's by no means impossible. What would you be using it for? I agree, it can be done, i'd just really hate to see the guy buying a brand spankers HD and ditch it on the way out of the dealer. It took me a few weeks to get used to the extra weight of my Ducati 749 compared to the 125kg racing bike that i'd previously been on and those are effectively the same type of bike, going from a lightish commuter style bike to an American cruiser would be pretty daunting in my opinion. Best of luck OP
-
That's a freaking bargain!!!! Set of springs and spacers and she's looking stunning!
-
Anyone who keys cars should possibly be keyed themselves to see how it feels
-
There's loads of room in the front, get your mate to hold the trolleys
-
Can someone tell me if these are brembo rear pads?
KyleR replied to chriswillis's topic in 350Z General
EBay? What about the for sale section first? -
Have to say, this is the hardest I've ever laughed on this forum!
-
Have a look at the site, it monitors everything and I bet it would make it very interesting if you had to make a claim... It's not for me, as it won't even give me a quote But even if it did, i'd be spending more time watching my speed and trying to brake as gently as I could, instead of watching the road and paying attention to whats happening around me.
-
Big Brother? Am l missing something? I think this is one of the companies that install a "black box" in your car that monitors everything you do such as speed, heavy breaking, turning hard and fast etc.
-
True eBay will be cheaper, but IIRC, a lot of the ones there are lower quality - therefore probably shorter lifespan Would be like having a couple of grand to spend on an exhaust and buying a crapspeed. I understand your point, but this isn't a £200 exhaust vs a £3k HKS system, it's a £5 led bulb vs a £2 led bulb that's probably made in the same factory and takes 30 seconds to change if it did die pre maturely, although led's last much much longer than other bulbs, so even a dodgy cheap one would last longer than most will own the car for.
-
It almost looks photoshopped in that picture, SMD would have done a better job!
-
It also appears to have the 2007 bonnet, weird for a 2006
-
First bike? Assuming you've done all the relevant tests and therefore have ridden a tiny 125cc for a number of hours, I still suggest you get something a damn sight lighter than a HD. Passing your test and heading straight for a HD (assuming you've either done your test over 2 years ago or done Direct Access) is kind of like passing your car test and buying a 2.5 ton lorry.
-
Check out eBay, that's where I got mine from and no problems at all, usually quite a bit cheaper than websites too.
-
Depends on your budget, I know you said it isn't the biggest, but thats all relative. £400ish should get you 4 new Falken fk452's or 2 new RE050A's. Personally i'd go for the 4 new Falken's.
-
I'd shed the Zed, but just because it's mine