-
Posts
7,614 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by KyleR
-
Common problem with the early Zed's, mine has issues into 6th and less so into 5th. Had a quote of about £500 to get it refurbed or there is one in the for sale section at the moment: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=62300
-
I have to say i'm not a fan of the colour. But then again, I like the black/silver OEM combo. I was thinking of doing something similar to my wheels as you did, but a different colour, but now after seeing your's I think i'll wait until I can afford some different rims such as Ray's or Rota's and then go with my colour scheme. Looks like a really good finish on all the painted parts, though.
-
I changed pads rotors and added HEL lines at the weekend and bled each of the 8 nipples 7 times to flush through new fluid. However now the brakes are extremely spongy when the car is running, solid when off. I don't think it could be air in the system as the reservoir didn't run dry and there were no signs of air whilst beeding into the tube I attached to the nipples. I've searched around the forum and anyone who seems to have the same problem gets the same answers, air. I don't think it is for the reasons I explained above. I googled for a fix and found a guy on a Saab forum who discovered his identical problems were caused by the "retaining clips" being in the wrong way. I wasn't sure what these were with being a bit of a noob and all, so googled these as well. Google through up loads of pictures and sites pointing to the clips that attach to the rubber brake line where it goes through a bracket and attaches to the hard lines. I had to remove this bracket to get rid of the OEM lines and fit the HEL's. It was rusted solid so ultimately had to be ripped to shreds to be removed and so therefore wasn't fitted back onto the HEL lines once fitted. To me those wee clips just stop the lines from falling through the hole in the bracket and offer nothing since the lines is fixed to the cars hardlines and can't fall through anyway. So, is it possible that not having these clips is causing the lines to move under load or something or maybe I am missing the point of them and they are actually important? Also, maybe they are talking about some other retaining clip other than what I found? Some other forums, mainly bike ones, refer to the shims as retaining clips but I know I have refitted those in correctly on all 8 pads. Sorry for it being such a loooong post, but hoping I can sort something instead of having fork out a load of cash to a garage to diagnose the problem and fix. Afterall, the point of fitting all this myself is to save money. Thanks in advance for any ideas or imput.
-
Knowing the stupid systems that insurance companies use, they'll probably charge you an extra premium for removing it as another mod
-
I have the same problem after fitting discs, pads, lines and new fluid all round at the weekend. Bled each nipple SEVEN times to get the new fluid all through the system. Even from the first bleed there was no air coming out but I did let the fluid run through the HEL lines before attaching to the caliper to minimize the amount of air I would have to get out when it came to bleeding. I don't see how it could be the master cylinder in my case as the brakes were working fine before I swapped everything out, so it must be air in the system. But if i've bled all 8 nipples in the correct order (N/S/R, O/S/F, O/S/R, N/S/F, INNER NIPPLE FIRST) 7 times each and went through nearly a liter of fluid, how could there still be air in the system somewhere?
-
A bit of free play is normal, confirmed by the link you posted. Measure it to make sure it's within limits of 9-11mm. I've had the same bit of play you're talking about for about 1000 miles and no problems to report.
-
" years isn't too long for a thread revival is it? Had a pretty long drive yesterday in that blistering heat, went to jump into the car today to see the puddle and immediately crapped myself. Had to go to football so I thought it might just be a coincidence and i'd parked over someone elses leak. After the game the same thing, so I moved the car and tried to smell it, no smell or taste so figured it wasn't oil and coolant levels ok. Came back home and prepared myself for a hefty diagnostic bill, but thought i'd check here first. Thank God I did, this forum has just saved me possibly a small fortune for nothing and me looking like an idiot, again
-
This However it's when stuff goes wrong that you want to stay away from dealers as their labour rates will be extortionate!
-
With it being an 05 i'd probably take it to an indy, but Nissan should be dropping that price quite a bit if you're supplying your own oil and filters. You do realise you should have had the service done 4 months ago, right? I know you said you put it off due to a holiday, but surely wasn't a 4 month holiday As for resale value, I wouldn't really car if car has half a dozen nissan stamps and a couple of indy ones, but I would care if I saw it hadn't been serviced every 12 months.
-
I looked at the megs before buying the wonder wheels, think they are about the same price but megs didn't have the brush included so for easiness sake, I went for the wonder wheels. Won't be using it anymore thought because it's no better than the shampoo...
-
When you're in GT5 go to the photomode and the button far right at the bottom where all your pix are, then from there you can export them to the XMB and they'll appear in the photo section of your PS3, then from there you can load them to a USB stick and do what you wish
-
I thought so, I'm currently thinking of doing something similar to my real one. And a stubby I hope so! There is a function in Gran Turismo 5 that you can take your in game car and bring it to a selection of about 10-12 different photo locations and position it how you like in terms of direction, wheels angle, lights on/off/full beam/side lights etc and then switch to camera mode where you can then adjust aperture, focal length, various filters etc. It gets kind of addictive, especially if you are a bit of an amateur at phototraphy. If anyone else wants to have a go with they're Zed in GT or Forza, post them on this thread and we can compare
-
Don't they all have to be pretty highly acidic to eat into the baked on brake dust and tar? I doubt i'll be using it again seeing as the shampoo appears to have done just as good a job anyway. I only used it once and I have the standard 18's which are in need of a professional refurb and I plan on colour changing anyway soon(ish), but thanks for the advice.
-
I think my first recollection of the 350 was in GT4, but I can't really remember it too well, then the Fairlady in GT5. Never actually seen another one out on the road until I'd bought mine, then they seemed to be popping up everywhere. First Zed I seen in the flesh was my mates 300zx drift car before he stuck it in wall
-
Just read it, holy crap! This is going to take quite a while and looks like i'll need to get someone with a bit more experience in this kind of thing to give me a hand. A job for Friday I think.
-
Thanks a lot guys, hopefully this will sort my issue.
-
Thought i'd post up a few pics I took on GT5 with yas. Let me know what you think, either of the car of the photo's
-
I recently drove the missus' Kia Picanto and I will never drive it again. Truly a terrible little car with the longest clutch in the world and might as well only have one pedal seeing as they are so close together and don't get me started on the plastic steering wheel! Gear changes were nice though I also have the use of a 99 Primera which after driving the Zed feels like I'm in a lorry due to the ride height. It's a diesel and it's old, so it's pathetic too. Maybe I'm just too in one with my Zed to appreciate over cars for what they are.
-
Hey, I need a guide to fix the drivers side temperamental window. I of course found this one int he guides section, but the link doesn't work: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=30870 Anyone know where I can find another link or maybe have the file form that thread that they could either repost or email me? Thank you
-
I completely agree about scrapping it and adding it to the fuel. If they took an average of 10k a year, they would only have to add 15p per liter to make up what we pay in tax each year for the pre facelift at an estimated 25mpg.
-
That's a great plate, but shouldn't it REALLY be A35 OGT? In which case the cops will not be your friend. Illegal spacing is one thing if it's still readable for what it is, but this spacing changes an O into a Zero.
-
I sent him a little mail asking about where he got the stats from and who told him it has side skirts
-
Damn, I was going to attempt this seeing as it's nice outside for a change, but the file isn't working, I can't download it. Has anybody got it and could maybe upload it again for me or even email? Cheers
-
I thought I would try out Wonder Wheels today, considering it's been voted "Best Buy" 12 years in a row or something ridiculous like that. I found that after washing the car with Meguirs Nxt Generation and giving the wheels a clean with it too, that the Wonder Wheels did absolutely nothing. I'm sure it would be great if your wheels needed a bit of a clean and the rest of the car didn't, but no point buying this stuff if you're cleaning the whole car anyway. I'm sure this other smelly stuff is much better, though.