Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. Depends which iPhone I think, but on the 4s you go into settings and then personal hotspot, that should do it for you. +1 on the guide, i'd love to have this, my cubby is basically a duster and window pad thing holderer, it deserves so much more.
  2. Are you scraping the speed bumps or just coming very very close? I'm sure I seen 20mm springs somewhere, i'll have a look and get back to you.
  3. Hey Hannah, welcome to the club. For some reason your link doesn't work for me, but I found this midnight blue 07 coupe with GT pack quite close to MK. It's got quite high miles for the age: 65k, but that many miles in a Zed is probably motorway miles in my opinion, but it is only £8250 http://www4.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... ?logcode=p
  4. KyleR

    Cro's red 350z

    Ah ok, was wondering as there are 2 Nismo Chilli's in Portadown/Lurgan and thought you may be one of them. Infact there is a stock Chilli in Lurgan too, so that makes Chilli is the most common colour in my area.
  5. Well not really because you said you were wanting the V1 kit and then talked about a lip, which the V1 kit doesn't have Just making sure you actually get what you want rather than what your asking for No problem, I'm still a bit of a noob with the Zed, so I guess I should have said I aimed to fit the Nismo V1 USDM kit, lip kit or something to that effect.
  6. I can't remember if it was after the site went down in April or when the clocks changed, but the post times are off for me by 1 hour. 1 hour before they are made to be exact. This only seems to be the case on my Apple devices (Macbook, iMac, iPhone) but appears to be fine on Windows based systems. Just there now I checked to make sure I was in the correct timezone in Site Preferences incase I was seeing things when last using Windows, but I wasn't, timezone was correct. However, I did just change it a few minutes ago to be 1 hour later incase someone checks. It would be great if there is a fix for this because it's actually quite annoying to have to think to myself what time it is minus an hour to know when the post was, errr posted. Cheers.
  7. KyleR

    Cro's red 350z

    Hey Cro, where a bouts in NI are you located?
  8. KyleR

    ITS ON!!....

    You will never know, dealer or private. So just test drive the car, if it drives well, looks well and has a good service history for a good price, buy it
  9. This one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350z-03-06-Ni ... _972wt_879 I though this was similar to the V1? I just googled a bit and it appears that yes it would be the USDM lip as the JDM Nismo would be the whole bumper. But i'm sure everyone knew what I meant.
  10. That's a bargain at £600!!
  11. Yes, but due to costs I'll be buying just the front lip add on which is pretty close and much much cheaper, especially from traders on here who have test fitted them.
  12. What springs are they/how much lowered? I'm thinking of lowering my Zed shortly and doing a swap of my OEM for a set of lowering springs would be ideal for me. Only problem is both our sets of springs would have to be removed and posted, meaning we won't have use of the car for a few days.
  13. Thanks a bunch mate, if he still has them it would help a bunch
  14. Thanks bud, I'll send him a message when I get home and hopefully he can email me the fullsized pics
  15. Take it to a body shop and get it done right, otherwise you'll probably make a hash of it and it'll look awful. Unless of course you have experience in such things?
  16. Thats a nice Zed, my only change, (apart form getting it sprayed in a faster colour, like black ) would be to rip that front lip off and replace it with the Nismo N1. Good luck with the car and to the club.
  17. Hey, just wondering if there is anyone out there with a Kuro Zed with the N1 kit fitted, preferably the full kit including skirts and spats? Reason is, my Kuro is sitting stock at the moment and i'd like to fit the N1 kit when I have the cash, but not just in standard colour matching form, I have a bit of a colour scheme in mind and would like a few good quality, reasonably size pictures of a Kuro with the kit fitted so I can photoshop them to see if my colour scheme will work with the kit. I'm pretty sure it will work fine with the front lip, but not so sure about the skirts and spats. I also plan on fitting a rear diffuser too, so if you have that fitted also, it would be a huge bonus. I could google forever and find loads of black N1 kitted Zeds, but would be far from big enough to "shop" it correctly and probably not from the pretty basic angles I would like. Just looking a photo from the front, rear and side. So if there is anyone out there with the N1 kit fitted to their black Zed and would like to help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  18. In my opinion, it's all relative to what the car will be used for and your driving style, similar to what NeilMH said. Safety is always the first thing that should be looked at, which is why as a general rule some have said do the brakes first. As mine are due to be changed, this is what I am doing, but if the discs and pad were in good condition, then I would still have £500 in my pocket for another mod. If I had a choice, seeing as the Zed stops very well on stock Brembo's and handles pretty well to, i'd be getting the exhaust on first. This adds a great sound track to driving, as well as a slight external mod too as depending what you go for, can look quite a bit better than OEM. Next up would be the induction kit, again for the sound it produces and the aesthetics when the bonnet is up. As the car looks great in completely stock form, most external mods can wait until later, so I would probably get my hands on some springs to drop it 30mm at the same time as 20mm and 25mm spacers. I won't be tracking the car so no need for coil overs for me. I don't think the car really looks good with one or the other, so I believe both should be done at the same time. For me this will complete everything that really needs to be done to the looks of the car. (For now) So at this point the car would look and sound great, it's time for the Plenum spacer and Uprev remap. Then the car should have gained a few extra ponies from what it was running before and be much more responsive. Personally now I would think of purchasing a spoiler and front bumper or Nismo lip then when those are complete, time for the little things, like simple engine dressing such as coloured bolts, hoses and a way of wrapping the wiring loom under the bonnet to colour code it if thats what you're into or at least tidy it up a little. By this stage you will well and truly have Zeditus and you'll be looking better brakes and ways of squeezing more power out of her. Mine is a daily driver and is driven as so, with the odd squirt of the throttle on a straight so I really have no need for 6, 7, 800 quid discs and £120 pads, the Black Diamond discs and pads i've bought courtesy of CS (and still yet to fit) will do me fine. Also as I live in Northern Ireland and as far as I am aware, there are no Uprev dealers over here, I may never bother with the Plenum spacer as I think the exhaust and induction kit would be enough for the stock ECU to have to deal with and the Plenum spacer might just be a little to much and the car may run too lean. Anyway, that is just what my rough plans are, depending on finances that should be pretty much how I go about making my Zed my own and good luck with yours.
  19. Mine is just a 350Z on the V5, but when I enter my reg to get an insurance quote, it comes up as a GT.
  20. But your head will be under the car
  21. Wow, that is a story and a half. I was getting pretty worried when I got to the part about the garage being closed for over a month and your car locked up inside. I'm very happy it all worked out in the end, unfortunately you had to put more money into it than you had planned, but if it wasn't for that little slip on the roundabout, you would probably never have came to chaining the colour scheme and creating one of the best Zeds i've ever seen. Thank you very much for a great bedtime story. Good night
  22. No the Zed is 9k. However as explained a couple of posts above, if you are going to be driving 18k+ a year, the service schedule is different. For normal driving it follows this pattern: P1, P2, P1, P3, P1, P2, P1, P3 ETC ETC. These services are to be carried out every 9k or 12 months, whichever comes sooner. If you are going to be driving 18k+p/a the service schedule will be a little different. I don't have my book to hand but it may look like this: P2, P1, P3, P2, P1, P3 ETC ETC. These services are still to be carried out every 9k. You were 100% right to walk away as that dealer clearly doesn't have a clue.
  23. Providing the Subaru is all in good order with good service history of being serviced every 12 months not just 10k of whatever the interval is with them, i'd give it a punt. As was said before, it's one of those cars you have to own at some point to experience. I haven't as yet owned one, but I would have a go when the time comes to get a new car and I can't find a decent Evo about. The Impreza with it's low miles, cult following and hopefully good condition and service will definitely be easier to get rid of than your 118k Civic that you sam to be having trouble selling ATM.
  24. KyleR

    Zedworld...

    Hmm is it possible that they are about to become a new trader or something?
  25. I'd really like to see some pics too. I have a similar problem where it hanging low on the off side. All the bolts are rusted away to nothing and it's being held on by a thread at the moment. Might take another look at that under tray thread if I can find it.
×
×
  • Create New...