What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

Nice to find there are gamers here :D

I'm kinda splitting my time atm between Skyrim (which is fairly heavily modded), Minecraft (the FTB Ultimate modpack) on my own server and development of my own RTS game.

If, and this is a highly unlikely one, anyone want's to play FTB on a quiet, adult server you're welcome on mine.

Minecraft?

My 3 year old godson loves that :cloud9:

I don't see the attraction myself though :shrug:

Yep, Minecraft. It's such a universal game there tends to be very different demographics that play. But I reckon there are as many squeaky kids playing CoD as there are Minecraft :p

It's a game where you can be creative rather than destructive, which as an engineer and technically minded person, I really enjoy.

I played Modern Warfare 2 way, way too much. I was that guy who sniped across the map with a noob tube into a window. Sad, I know. But after putting so many hours into that game you realise how completely the same all the following games are.

CoD, in essence has barely changed from those days, the maps change, the weapons are re-skinned and some gimmicks are thrown in, but it just feels like the same; run, shoot, run, shoot, die, re-spawn, run, shoot, run, shoot, etc. You end up in this loop for hours on end, more and more frustrating. No matter how well you do, you get frustrated when you get killed, it could have been you on a 20 kill streak, my god, 20 kills in a row, that's awesome! But nope, instead of celebrating 20 kills in a row, you rage at your kill-streak being cut off. Broken controllers ensue and it's just not a healthy environment :lol:

I switched to battlefield 3 and found it to be a revelation, a completely different game that felt fresh and open. It wasn't just constant grinding like CoD, it was tactics, explosions, vehicles, huge maps, squads, and lots of fun. Now we are onto battlefield 4 and... I have to say it puts me in a bit of a dilemma... I have pretty strong feelings about the exceedingly large quantity of douchebaggery EA hands out on the gaming community and hate the idea of funding their "rape their wallets dry" approach to business.

Like most people though, I will end up being another pleb bitching about EA policies with one hand while the other hits the download button on the disgusting atrocity that is Origin, just so I can play BF4.

• Like 1

Played a bit of Ghosts and it is absolutely jaw dropping on my PC which is far from cutting edge, turned everything up to max graphically and it played but poor frame rate so took it down a notch and smooth as anything and gorgeous, good gameplay too.

Sure the graphic engine is a huge leap forward from the last few COD games but still behind BF3 or 4 or other modern game engines, it still does some great set pieces but it really needs to be a next gen console and pc game only and not be constrained to 360/ps3 limitations, BF3 was dumbed down for the pc even tho the development started on the PC first ( or so the 'net says) all due to the older consoles limits.

quite a few times in ghosts could have swore i was playing "Time crisis" from me local arcade, the way the enemy all ran in then hid behind boxes/cars etc and kept on spawning until i moved forward, not great AI at times lol

I played Modern Warfare 2 way, way too much. I was that guy who sniped across the map with a noob tube into a window. Sad, I know. But after putting so many hours into that game you realise how completely the same all the following games are.

CoD, in essence has barely changed from those days, the maps change, the weapons are re-skinned and some gimmicks are thrown in, but it just feels like the same; run, shoot, run, shoot, die, re-spawn, run, shoot, run, shoot, etc. You end up in this loop for hours on end, more and more frustrating. No matter how well you do, you get frustrated when you get killed, it could have been you on a 20 kill streak, my god, 20 kills in a row, that's awesome! But nope, instead of celebrating 20 kills in a row, you rage at your kill-streak being cut off. Broken controllers ensue and it's just not a healthy environment :lol:

I switched to battlefield 3 and found it to be a revelation, a completely different game that felt fresh and open. It wasn't just constant grinding like CoD, it was tactics, explosions, vehicles, huge maps, squads, and lots of fun. Now we are onto battlefield 4 and... I have to say it puts me in a bit of a dilemma... I have pretty strong feelings about the exceedingly large quantity of douchebaggery EA hands out on the gaming community and hate the idea of funding their "rape their wallets dry" approach to business.

Like most people though, I will end up being another pleb bitching about EA policies with one hand while the other hits the download button on the disgusting atrocity that is Origin, just so I can play BF4.

I couldn't agree with this more. I remember the first time I used a throwing knife on MW2 and thinking how cutting edge everything was, since then not a lot has changed. Now you play it for a few hours to relax and and up screaming at your TV because a 12 year old who's meant to be at school wont stop using a shotgun :lol:

• Like 1

For the PC gamers, when we do eventually get a rented dedicated server for Ghosts, then join us on our "Crouch Server".

No "Run & Gun", just tactical play. You can run to cover when fired upon, but once in cover crouch is to be resumed.

Sounds boring but it changes your way of playing completely.

Find us on XtremeTeamClan.co.uk ;)

On a competely different note, who's looking forward to the Steam box when it comes out? Valve are well on their way to implementing Steam in Linux and Big Picture is up and running, can't be far off now? :D

For those who don't know what the Steam Box is; It's a system that is to bring PC gaming to the console folk, and release PC gamers from sitting at a desk. The box will be a small gaming centred PC running on Linux with a Steam front end.

Steam has been developing Big Picture, so the whole thing is simple to use on a TV with remotes and controllers. Steam boxes will not be a sealed unit like a console, they will be upgradable. This removes the problem that consoles bring, gaming technology gets stagnant, locked in for 10 year cycles while waiting for the next generation of consoles, meanwhile technology has moved far beyond and way more is possible. People rave about the graphics in the new GTA, but PC games have had far better graphics for a long time!

The other selling point of the steam box system is that it's not just going to be made by Valve, this is a system that can be built by other manufacturers, much like PC's can be. This means competition in the market leading to better prices and newer tech being added as it becomes available.

Looking forward to it :)

Played a bit of Ghosts and it is absolutely jaw dropping on my PC which is far from cutting edge, turned everything up to max graphically and it played but poor frame rate so took it down a notch and smooth as anything and gorgeous, good gameplay too.

Sure the graphic engine is a huge leap forward from the last few COD games but still behind BF3 or 4 or other modern game engines, it still does some great set pieces but it really needs to be a next gen console and pc game only and not be constrained to 360/ps3 limitations, BF3 was dumbed down for the pc even tho the development started on the PC first ( or so the 'net says) all due to the older consoles limits.

quite a few times in ghosts could have swore i was playing "Time crisis" from me local arcade, the way the enemy all ran in then hid behind boxes/cars etc and kept on spawning until i moved forward, not great AI at times lol

Wasn't really agreeing with you there as I am a COD fan boy, but when you said Time crisis I let a laugh out :lol:

100% correct! I think the ability to lean out from walls only added to this :lol:

For the PC gamers, when we do eventually get a rented dedicated server for Ghosts, then join us on our "Crouch Server".

No "Run & Gun", just tactical play. You can run to cover when fired upon, but once in cover crouch is to be resumed.

Sounds boring but it changes your way of playing completely.

Find us on XtremeTeamClan.co.uk ;)

That sounds like one big horrible slow paced camp fest to be honest, I'm not convinced :p

Well camping isn't out forté. We have members in our clan that work with Punkbuster too, so we don't hack either and pride ourselves to be an anti-hack clan.

It's rewarding to sneak up on somebody and manage to follow them undetected and the plunge a knife in their back :)

Playing tactical does not equal camping

• Like 1

Well camping isn't out forté. We have members in our clan that work with Punkbuster too, so we don't hack either and pride ourselves to be an anti-hack clan.

It's rewarding to sneak up on somebody and manage to follow them undetected and the plunge a knife in their back :)

Playing tactical does not equal camping

I guess you're right, I just find cod ghost to be too slow, I can only see this making it even slower.

I'm a rusher all day long tho, got some wicked gameplays saved up from black ops 2, double nuclears and triple swarms etc, I keep meaning to start a small youtube channel but never get round to it.

I was just looking to see what games are out soon as Ghosts is annoying the hell out of me with all the camping etc. Dark Soul's II is out in March, can't wait! I quite like COD, GTA, GT etc, but Demon's/Dark souls is probably the only game series I could get excited about a new one coming out. An enemy... oh I'm dead, a door... oh I'm dead, an item I can pick up... I'm dead, a bridge... and a dragon... I'm dead again, oh I'm dead and I don't even know what killed me now, ah crap a Boss... I'm dead, dead, dead, dead, ooh I've damaged it.. I'm dead... probably isn't to everyone's tastes though. It's nice that some games are still challenging, even on the hardest difficulty the COD series seems too easy on singleplayer.

with all the camping etc

What do you mean camping or am i just being daft?

People sitting in corners waiting for people to move past them etc. I usually don't mind as I can run around and shoot them from behind, but on Ghosts it seems like 80% of people are camping so I get killed by one, move towards where he's sitting and get killed by another corner dweller on the way. Move towards the closest of the two campers and get taken out by a 3rd person sitting in a corner... and then probably spawn 6 foot in front of one of them facing the other away and get shot in the back just to really wind me up. I think it's mainly to do with the map design.

And don't even get me started on the broken spawn system:

[media]

[/media]