Minecraft.

Suits

my son is well into it.....................but I just don't get it :shrug:

Yeah, a lot of people tend to say this, which is understandable.

MC is a lot of different types of things I suppose, or rather it's used for a number of things, PVP games, sort of art thing but for me and it's main game is a survival/exploration game.

Playing as survival you basically have to build things, grow things, create things, to eventually escape this strange world you have woke up in.

It attracts a huge following of young and old players.

Played vanilla and tekkit a bit but couldn't really get into it. Prefer Terraria which is kinda similar except 2D and (at least last time I played minecraft) had more bosses/things to do.

Terraria is very good, I play it on the Xbox though, Mac/PC would have been a better choice but there's a few of us that play on Xbox so it's a better communal game that way I suppose.

We've got a cool world and a boss Helivator. Scavenged a meteor too last time I played it. Great game.

my son is well into it.....................but I just don't get it :shrug:

I know the pc version is a trillion times better than the iphone one. But I don't get the whole point. I built myself a mad house crafted this baked that got minerals etc etc but I don't see what I'm doing. I then realised that and stopped playing lol.

I know the pc version is a trillion times better than the iphone one. But I don't get the whole point. I built myself a mad house crafted this baked that got minerals etc etc but I don't see what I'm doing. I then realised that and stopped playing lol.

Yes fella, it's quite easy to forget what you're doing a lot of the time, you get wrapped up in little projects.

It does have a story though, with an ending, like all games, it's just pretty vague and requires a lot of time and attention.

I'm not going to preach to people that don't like this game, I understand that it's not for everyone, I just wondered if anyone else on here played it.

And yeah, the mobile and Xbox versions are dire compared to the full version, I assure you, they're very small percentages of the actual proper game :lol: .

We use FTB with the Yogscraft patch :)

Space race ??

We're currently building our own mod pack with the Galacticraft mod in it, don't know why we just don't use the Yog's pack but a few of the lads want a few things in there that isn't in the Yog's one.

It's a bit tricky making sure it all runs 100%.

I think that's the main thing that makes it fun. Friends. I don't have any. Forever alone.jpeg. :lol:

that could be it - my son has lots of (as we call them, much to his annoyance) "pretend" friends :lol:

• Like 1