Hows Your Eclipse Been.

WhackyWill

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It did suddenly become all very light as the sun peeped through, then a strange misty eerie haze. Everything went deadly quiet, no sound from the birds and its like everything stopped.

Apparently it really freaks them out.

The 99 one was much better though.

Yes it was cold in London too

I was in Falmouth for the 1999 eclipse so this was probably always going to fail compared to that event where we sat on the beach and it went pitch black, all the gulls stopped making a noise and people started a few bonfires!

I was on a beach in Dubai for the '99 eclipse... so today I stayed in bed. :)

Just heard that my local school would not allow the pupils to go outside to watch the eclipse,

they said it was against Health & Safety policy as the pupils COULD hurt their eyes....

FFS is was cloudy..!!!! :scare:

To be honest, if the school hasn't prepared for it, bought the correct glasses or arranged a pin hole camera setup and not informed the kids of the dangers they're probably right not to let them out. However, if a school passes up the opportunity to teach the kids during a solar eclipse I'd probably want my kids going to a different school!

Just heard that my local school would not allow the pupils to go outside to watch the eclipse,

they said it was against Health & Safety policy as the pupils COULD hurt their eyes....

If it was cloudy there wasn't much point going outside anyway :surrender::shrug:
  • Like 2

The quality of light is very strange and rather beautiful but only one of us has a welding mask to look through and it's not me :(B)

Well i didnt bother looking at the eclipse as i didnt think i had anything to look at it thru. Then when it was nearly over the wife says to me "why not use your welding mask". DOHHHHH!!!!!!! So run off and get the welding mask and can see the eclipse perfectly, albeit it was nearly finished by then. Oh well. Will have to remember to get the welding mask ready in 10 years time when the next eclipse happens.

Edited by rabbitstew

If it was cloudy there wasn't much point going outside anyway :surrender::shrug:

Yes but the school didn't know it was going to be cloudy when they sent the letter home

to the parents to saw why the kids would not be allowed to watch the eclipse...!!! :scare: :scare:

^^ Nice Damiian. :lol:

I saw the Eclipse through a welding mask, ...I was spray painting some production parts in work at the time but stopped to see what all the fuss was about. Looked pretty good round here actually and not something you see every day. ;)