Clarkson suspended by the BBC..!!

WhackyWill

I fink that top gear shud go on another channel so that they don't have to appease the over paid BBC bosses, I dint get to go to japfest last year so was looking forward to that episode

Only license payer's or Sky can afford it, and Sky don't want it..!!! :surrender:

im sure history UK could front it the same as the US top gear

That will get top viewers on History UK and make it an attractive program to sell on..!! NOT..!! :scare:

The marketing and spin off of videos, merchandising, endorsements etc is huge dont see that working

on History UK... :surrender: :surrender:

The guy's an arse and a buffoon. He appeals to forty-something thickos who can't quite get to grips with the fact that racism and misogyny is no longer acceptable. If he's finally gone, good riddance to bad rubbish. Somehow I doubt it though. There will be a cooling off period and he'll be back making unfunny jokes about the fact that he took a swing at someone who probably felt unable to defend themselves because, unlike him, they're not a millionaire and needed to keep to their job.

• Like 3

i have tried watching the new series of 5th gear, its alright but its not as entertaining as top gear.

i enjoy watching the program and would be sad to see it go. i also enjoy watching clarkson. i'd be disappointed to lose one of the few programs i actually look forward to in the year.

• Like 2

Let's just all hope it's nothing trivial or disputable.

I'm sure there's room for him on the radio, maybe he could team up with Andy Gray and Richard Keys? Imagine the "classic banter" they could work up. It'd be enough to make you rip off your own eyelids, just so you had something to jam in your ears.

OMG this can't be true. I've modelled my life on Clarkson. If he's finished, I'm finished too!

Seriously though, who gives a flying f**k. He's made his millions, more than enough to never have to "work" again!

Top Gear is one of the few things on TV I really like and look forward to. I will be gutted if this is the end, but people can't just go around punching other people without consequence. The trouble is the bbc will set a dangerous precident if they reinstate him after so many other indiscretions.

It's a sad day, but let's not forget who is actually to blame here... as much as I like Clarkson (When he's not being sexist, racist etc.) and Top Gear. :(

• Like 1

BBC news stated last night that the remainder the series was unlikely to be shown, shame if you like him and the prog but as others have said, if it's true, you can't go around "lamping" people without expecting serious repurcussions.

Irrespective of he's stinking rich or not, he's entertaining to many and he makes the show complete. Those three have got a great on screen slapstick persona. Two people have mentioned his wealth. Does it matter?

The question is not whether his wealth 'matters' it's whether it influences his behaviour. I'd be willing to bet that one of the reasons he felt able to behave in a way that most of us wouldn't dream of at work is because the consequences for him would not be the same as they would for us. If I punch someone at work I get the sack. If I get the sack that has a major impact on my life because I lose my income. If I'm a millionaire I don't have to worry about that.

Even if (inexplicably to me) you think the guy is funny, entertaining etc. punching people is not on and the consequences for those of you who like the show (and all the people who work hard to make it) will now apparently be that you won't get to see it. So a lot of people lose out because of one man's arrogance and stupidity.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 3

Irrespective of he's stinking rich or not, he's entertaining to many and he makes the show complete. Those three have got a great on screen slapstick persona. Two people have mentioned his wealth. Does it matter?

The question is not whether his wealth 'matters' it's whether it influences his behaviour. I'd be willing to bet that one of the reasons he felt able to behave in a way that most of us wouldn't dream of at work is because the consequences for him would not be the same as they would for us. If I punch someone at work I get the sack. If I get the sack that has a major impact on my life because I lose my income. If I'm a millionaire I don't have to worry about that.

The sad part is that 150,000 people who think it's alright to punch someone have signed a petition to have him reinstated. Oh dear.
  • Like 4

I am waiting to hear the full story before I start casting blame. Despite being an ex rugby player I don't particularly enjoy violence and find unprovoked acts of violence abhorrent. That said I have had a scuffle or two in my life and would again if the situation led me that way but I wouldn't relish it.

Sometimes things happen instinctively. They may not be the right thing to do but we are but human.

I'm just disappointed that they will pull the series - we've already paid for the filming of it therefore I want to see it. I've paid for a service. If I don't get to see it I will be withdrawing my funding.

• Like 1

I think I may have found a half decent replacement - Chris Evans.

Although I only give him a few years before I will have bored of him too , as he is bound to turn the same way, similar enough character. ;)

He appeals to forty-something thickos who can't quite get to grips with the fact that racism and misogyny is no longer acceptable.

How utterly hypocritical that you feel its completely acceptable for you to air your derogatory comments on the "forty something thickos" etc but not ok for him to air his views, which he hasnt by the way, just sailed close to the wind with comments that have self righteous people like you leaping to your moral high ground.

Let me point out, i am not the least bit offended by being a 40 something thicko etc, in fact for the very reason above i think its quite laughable, i love freedom of speech and if thats what you think, fill your boots, but dont be so quick to have your say and condemn others for doing the same.

Four words to rearrange:

Cup, in, tea, storm ;)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 9

Wind up aside, you can't hit people at work, or outside of work because of a disagreement. JC normally rips people apart with words, and the fact that Hammond and May are taking the mick online would leave me to suggest that it isn't as serious as it is. IF he had punched someone that surely would turn to be a criminal investigation and surely they wouldn't be trivialising it on twitter?

I'm not saying we should go back to the "good/bad" old days where 2 people would have a punch up, then go for a pint afterwards - we've evolved (I hope) to be a bit less Neanderthal.

People like Clarkson are divisive people, some people find him great, some people typecast those that like him as "meatheads" or thickos. Eitherway not everyone is going to agree with his character or behaviour, and to judge people on what they enjoy is no different to some of the contentious stuff that JC says.

To be completely dispassionate about it we have to wait and see what the #fracas is all about and then make up our minds based on the evidence. I for one am a fan of JC - I do find him a buffoon and an irascible character but also highly amusing, but if he has really misbehaved beyond what we feel is acceptable then of course he should be held accountable. The problem is what doesn't offend some people, will deeply cut others - it is just the way of the world.

What I find irritating is the fact they keep bringing up the Argentina "incident" and the fact he said the Eenie Meeni Minie Moe rhyme. A lot of us who are older will probably have learned that rhyme without even realising what we were saying. It was his generation, not saying it is right to say that, but he stopped himself from saying it, and he clearly didn't mean anything viscous by it.

Edited by wmr1980
  • Like 3