Clarkson suspended by the BBC..!!

WhackyWill

I'm happy to retract the 'thicko' remark on the basis that I don't wish cause offence to anyone on the forum.

Definitely not retracting the comment about Clarkson being an arse and a buffoon though. He is.

As for guilty until proven innocent, I'd suggest the 200,000 plus people who have already decided that whatever he did wasn't sufficiently serious to warrant his suspension is the more striking issue. But of course, it doesn't matter if you hit someone if you make a popular TV programme.

I'm happy to retract the 'thicko' remark on the basis that I don't wish cause offence to anyone on the forum.

Definitely not retracting the comment about Clarkson being an arse and a buffoon though. He is.

As for guilty until proven innocent, I'd suggest the 200,000 plus people who have already decided that whatever he did wasn't sufficiently serious to warrant his suspension is the more striking issue. But of course, it doesn't matter if you hit someone if you make a popular TV programme.

NOBODY HAS SAID HE HIT SOMEBODY..!!! :scare: :scare:

PS..I'm an over forty thicko as well... :blush:

Edited by WhackyWill

Is like that JC making an apology for comments he has made but they are still not accepted :)

If you think people that like him are 40 something thickos thats completely fine, you are entitled to your opinion, its a FREE world :)

• Like 1

NOBODY HAS SAID HE HIT SOMEBODY..!!! :scare: :scare:

PS..I'm an over forty thicko as well... :blush:

But it is still not clear what he has done that has justified his employer suspending him - yet people want to vote blindly to get him back on? What if it turns out he shoved over the producers pregnant wife during a fracas - would you be happy with your vote then? What if Clarkson was suggesting that the 350z-uk.com community was a bunch of morons and the website be suspended immediately and the BBC were sticking up for you, would you vote for him then? (you get my point ;) )

Voting in effect to re-instate someone when you don't know what he has been suspended for (and lets not forget, it must have taken something along the lines of gross misconduct to have that happen) is not really a good call in my opinion. Wait until you know the facts, if it seems unreasonable in your eyes, then cast your vote to get him back - I just cant believe people would want to vote him back in without knowing why he was suspended in the first place?

• Like 2

Is like that JC making an apology for comments he has made but they are still not accepted :)

If you think people that like him are 40 something thickos thats completely fine, you are entitled to your opinion, its a FREE world :)

People like to think they live in a Free world ;) the truth I am sure is not so close to that :surrender:

• Like 1

He appeals to forty-something thickos who can't quite get to grips with the fact that racism and misogyny is no longer acceptable.

How utterly hypocritical that you feel its completely acceptable for you to air your derogatory comments on the "forty something thickos" etc but not ok for him to air his views, which he hasnt by the way, just sailed close to the wind with comments that have self righteous people like you leaping to your moral high ground.

Let me point out, i am not the least bit offended by being a 40 something thicko etc, in fact for the very reason above i think its quite laughable, i love freedom of speech and if thats what you think, fill your boots, but dont be so quick to have your say and condemn others for doing the same.

Four words to rearrange:

Cup, in, tea, storm ;)

You've admirably proved my point and missed 'the' point with your hysterical post. If you think that punching a work colleague amounts to a storm in a teacup I'm glad I don't work with you!

Thank you for taking the time to read not two posts after where i clearly say, i do not condone violence!!!! Till we all know the exact story, best not jump on the media bandwagon like you and start preaching about violence, racial hatred etc etc If he hit someone, he should be fired, simple!

There is nothing hysterical about my post either, its pretty simple, you think its ok for you to be slanderous and air an opinion (40 something thickos) but not him, the subject matter is irrelevant. It certainly isnt some inane rantings because of your hatred for JC like your post, your entitled to your opinion, him his, just because you dont like it because it "offends" you, who cares, far more important things to worry about in the world and if the minority stopped being so bl**dy self righteous the world would be a better place, each to their own :)

Find a crusade which actually matters!

You'll see that I've retracted my remark. I wasn't out to offend anyone.

I'm afraid that you and I will have to agree to disagree about the rest of this. I don't think nearly enough about him to hate him. I have a general disdain for his brand of humour and his apparent arrogance. As Steve Coogan effectively pointed out in his article, it's the easiest thing in the world to dismiss people who speak out against subtle forms of racism, for example, as being overly sensitive or self righteous, but the simple fact is that some of us are just normal people who believe tolerating and defending this sort of thing has damaging consequences. It's an opinion, just like you have opinions, not a crusade.

This is Coogan's view and its a view I share (but I'm not taking the rap for the halfwit remark) :)

'It's not entirely their fault, of course. Part of the blame must lie with what some like to call the "postmodern" reaction to overzealous political correctness. Sometimes, it's true, things need a shakeup; orthodoxies need to be challenged. But this sort of ironic approach has been a licence for any halfwit to vent the prejudices they'd been keeping in the closet since Love Thy Neighbour was taken off the air.'

Edited by sipar69

Almost 400,000 people have signed the petition so far

they are expecting at least half a million by this evening. :yahoo:

This actually provides an astonishing opportunity to count the number of people who are prepared to protest about something where nothing official has been said or shared with them about what's gone on.

Or an opportunity to count all the idiots, if you prefer the Clarkson 'no to PC gone mad' style of communication :lol:

• Like 1

I almost hope it turns out that he touched a kiddy or something, just to see the reaction of those who have signed that petition.

Thought for the day: Not all racism is still considered socially unacceptable. No-one bats an eyelid when you mention that all pikeys should be strung up, for example. However, change that to Jews and people (rightfully!) get a bit more touchy about it.

The BBC will have to think long and hard on this whole matter.

Maybe the day has come for Top Gear to fade into obscurity........or is the millions of pounds it brings into the corporation just to much for them to lose?

fade into obscurity? each of the 6 episodes of the current series have pulled in over 6 million viewers... the Christmas special pulled in over 7 million viewers.

that's a lot of people who like top gear, i'd say its more popular in the UK now than its ever been!