Clarkson suspended by the BBC..!!

WhackyWill

*Rumour mill news update*

Quote from Hotel staff:

"Lee Hilton - "U lot know fk all I work at the hotel were it happened no one got punched he tried to sack him he all three of them turned up late pi**ed(about half 11) obviously chefs had gone asked the producer if cold platter was OK he sed yes clarkson wasn't happy so manager of hotel had to cook steak and chips that's the fking story.........."

Sky News:

"According to reports, he lashed out because he was unable to order a steak at the Simonstone Hall Hotel near Hawes, North Yorkshire, where the production team were staying.

The Sun and Daily Mirror said the hotel's chef had gone home by the time they arrived and they were only offered cold meat platters, although Clarkson had ordered a £21.95 steak."

Which talys up with Mays interview where he said he was blind drunk. So they were all drunk, things got out of hand but since they are famous then it gets made into a bigger deal than it would be if it was you and I.

*End of rumour mill*

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

Haha ^^

If thats true then its a case of "I'm considerably more famous than you, and you will pamper to my every demand" . . my sh1t smells better then yours syndrome /sigh

It seems like fame gets to most (who are famous) at some point. . and they just end up looking like arses.

• Like 1

This is brilliant that the other TV networks are taking the pi55 out of the Clarkson suspended fiasco,

Channel 4 news rocked up at his house with a steak sandwich.

Fifth Gear posted a promo saying 'no producers were

harmed in the making of this episode' it kinda puts the whole thing

in to perspective, an over reaction by the Beeb :scare:

Surely, until the facts are known who knows if it's an over reaction or not :shrug:

He shouted at a few people, because he had just done a 14 hour day in snow and slush

which didn't go very well, got to the "boarding house" they had been booked into to be confronted

by a few Mum's Dad's and kids wanting "selfies" with him, then discovered the producer had not bothered to

arrange any hot food for them. I would also be pi55ed of with this..Nobody got hit..it was a shouting

match and handbags at dawn..!! :surrender: :surrender:

and these are facts how?

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1

I dont think anyone seems to bothered about facts, the JC haters want him dismembered due to their dislike of him and are prepared to jump on any bit of anti JC press as usual, the people that enjoy TG just want to watch the show ;)

• Like 4

On news - from family who are said to have been there "it was a torrent of 4 letter abuse" - understood to be directed at a member of BBC staff - plus something along the lines of "I will get you sacked". Rumoured that he dobbed himself into the BBC.

I dont think anyone seems to bothered about facts, the JC haters want him dismembered due to their dislike of him and are prepared to jump on any bit of anti JC press as usual, the people that enjoy TG just want to watch the show ;)

And that's the sad part, the facts don't seem to matter. Hoepfully the truth will out eventually.

No-one has any idea what happened.

The only 100% fact is that something happened that was cause enough for the BBC to suspend one of their most highly paid stars and suspend filming for one of their most profitable programmes. You do not do that without good reason, in any company. Tempers get raised at work on a daily basis, so I figure it's highly unlikely we're looking as just words here unless they were of a discriminatory nature.

• Like 1

Our local refused to serve some drunken nutter last weekend

so he went outside and head butted the window, which his head went

through, so the old bill followed the trail of blood to his house and nicked

him for criminal damage after the hospital had stitched him up. Now that's an "fracas". :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill

Sounds like he got wasted, rocked up, couldnt get food as hotel was finished serving for the evening (which I think they are entitled to do) and then he turned his anger on other people and threatened them with being fired as well as various other obscenities.

I think the thing most people are missing is that he is an employee of the BBC who pay his salary, his employer categorically told him he is on a final warning and any behaviour deemed misconduct would result in his suspension which from what we know this morning certainly falls into that category. Judging this incident on its own (along with various other anectdotes) is irrelevant, his suspension is a result of cumulative events.

He was on a yellow card and he went in studs up and got a second which resulted in a red.

As far as I can see the BBC has done what any responsible employer should do and that is look to the interests of ALL its staff, which includes the not so famous people like producers, and decide a next course of action - if it was vice versa and the recipient of the abuse had done it to clarkson he would be fired already and finding his next job, Clarkson is just lucky he is part of a valuable brand but still that shouldn't allow for misconduct to go unchallenged.

Edited by coldel
  • Like 2

And walking down the street, and when seeing friends, and when in meetings, and when shopping in Waitrose, and when sat in traffic... ;)

What on earth have you done to merit this? Perhaps some therapy is required?

This thread is remarkable, in what realm of fantasy are the haters living!!!

Rumours flying round and your like vultures on a corpse.

Ohhhh but he hit someone at work, ohhhh he used abusive language, but wait, the biggest thing that would concern me as an employer and NO one mentions was:

He was PI**ED at WORK!!!!!

But in reality, he wasnt even at work, it was 11pm and wasnt being filmed.......and if he was "at work" i would imagine his employers would have far more concern that he was drunk on the job, but not one mention of that here OR by the BBC!

I would love to see how you lot would get on in the world if your every action was scrutinised by your boss out of hours!

• Like 2

No-one has any idea what happened.

The only 100% fact is that something happened that was cause enough for the BBC to suspend one of their most highly paid stars and suspend filming for one of their most profitable programmes. You do not do that without good reason, in any company. Tempers get raised at work on a daily basis, so I figure it's highly unlikely we're looking as just words here unless they were of a discriminatory nature.

Exactly. We might never know exactly what happened but common sense dictates that it's very unlikely they would suspend a major star (loosely speaking) and take one of their most high profile shows off air over a verbal argument.

The most remarkable thing about this whole episode is not that those of us who don't like Clarkson have reiterated our dislike, it's the fact that hundreds of thousands of people are prepared to support him and call for his reinstatement before the facts have been established.

• Like 1

If you think that you can do what the hell you like outside of work without it being considered as misconduct then I think your realm of fantasy is certainly a pretty far fetched one. If one of my employees threatens another whilst on a work event at a hotel then it absolutely becomes my issue and will take appropriate action - you would be the biggest mug of a manager running a professional business if you didnt.

I would imagine if this was a bunch of mates from a building site having it out whilst all drunk down the pub as per usual then it might not have the same effect. But its not its meant to be a publically funded business and thats different and is being treated as such.

Unfortuantely, almost like the Scottish debate, the ones supporting Clarkson here are just calling the ones looking at it from an objective and professional perspective as haters - I don't hate Clarkson, but I don't like his humour either - but I have experienced too much bullying in work places to really sit here and support that kind of behaviour and brush it off as a bit of nothing.

• Like 2

If you think that you can do what the hell you like outside of work without it being considered as misconduct then I think your realm of fantasy is certainly a pretty far fetched one. If one of my employees threatens another whilst on a work event at a hotel then it absolutely becomes my issue and will take appropriate action - you would be the biggest mug of a manager running a professional business if you didnt.

I would imagine if this was a bunch of mates from a building site having it out whilst all drunk down the pub as per usual then it might not have the same effect. But its not its meant to be a publically funded business and thats different and is being treated as such.

Unfortuantely, almost like the Scottish debate, the ones supporting Clarkson here are just calling the ones looking at it from an objective and professional perspective as haters - I don't hate Clarkson, but I don't like his humour either - but I have experienced too much bullying in work places to really sit here and support that kind of behaviour and brush it off as a bit of nothing.

You're exactly right. I had to investigate a fight that took place out of hours at a Christmas party a few years ago. It wasn't on work premises or in work hours but a guy who got drunk and punched one of his colleagues still ended up getting the sack. A major employer like the BBC doesn't lose interest in how it's employees behave once they are off the clock.

Perhaps what this thread partly demonstrates is that we all have different work backgrounds and different understandings of what is and isn't acceptable. Let's forget this is Jeremy Clarkson for a second and just focus on the fact that this incident involves a large high profile publicly funded organisation. If you have any knowledge of how those kinds of organisations expect people to behave and how they react to serious breaches of conduct, it really wouldn't seem all that surprising that he finds himself suspended pending investigation. It might seem harsh to some but that's what would happen to any employee of such an organisation in these sorts of cases.

And you only have to look to the Jimmy Saville era BBC to see the consequences of people being unwilling to confront someone's behaviour because they're a big and influential star. I doubt the BBC will allow itself to fall Into that trap again.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

Well maybe thats exactly like you say, when you work on a building site, if someone thinks your a c**t, they tell you (even the boss), on the most part, you have a "chat" put it in the past and get on with it, job done, finished, over and forgotten about and i personally think the world is better for it, too much bitching and whining these days.

I do work for a guy who used to run a national company, 100's, possible 1000's of staff, when asked if he missed it, hell no, i spent the last 10 years being a social worker for all the staff issues.

But you cannot have a culture in a large corporation when that sort of behaviour is deemed to be acceptable, or even worse, the easiest/best way to solve the problem - I would be astonished that anyone in charge of a large professional business believing that is so. If they do, then they simply shouldnt be there or could be that way inclined themselves.

Fortunately this kind of bullying behaviour is recognised in most companies now and there are ways to report it annonymously. Otherwise you are simply encouraging a culture within which the bully wins, I for one would prefer to retain the best people in my team, not the loudest and brashest.

Sorry if I am coming across passionate about this but having had this happen to me at the early stage of my career (where the boss thought it was just something to let go) its something I just wont stand now.

...and no, this isn't bitching or whining, this is called looking after your employees who might not be that way inclined to get into a swearing match and see who can shout the loudest (because they are far too intellegient and professional to do that) and employing equal rights across your business.

/endrant

• Like 1

I have also had to investigate and act on an incident of physical violence (one employee upon another) at a social event where all the "guests" were also employees. That person was summarily dismissed due to the exact nature of the incident. This was in a FTSE 50 PLC.

If it had been serious verbal abuse, however, I guess we would have come to some other decision - I guess some sort of written formal warning with a "second strike and your out" clause.

Edited by NeilMH
  • Like 1

But you cannot have a culture in a large corporation when that sort of behaviour is deemed to be acceptable, or even worse, the easiest/best way to solve the problem - I would be astonished that anyone in charge of a large professional business believing that is so. If they do, then they simply shouldnt be there or could be that way inclined themselves.

Fortunately this kind of bullying behaviour is recognised in most companies now and there are ways to report it annonymously. Otherwise you are simply encouraging a culture within which the bully wins, I for one would prefer to retain the best people in my team, not the loudest and brashest.

Sorry if I am coming across passionate about this but having had this happen to me at the early stage of my career (where the boss thought it was just something to let go) its something I just wont stand now.

...and no, this isn't bitching or whining, this is called looking after your employees who might not be that way inclined to get into a swearing match and see who can shout the loudest (because they are far too intellegient and professional to do that) and employing equal rights across your business.

/endrant

this the same large corporation that covered up child sex cases