The Zed Shed Part Deux Build still going

Keyser

My OCD demands (well, politely requests, please, if you don't mind :lol: ) that those two unused sockets are switched off.

I don't understand people who leave empty sockets switched on. :p

Always leave them switched on, makes for quicker powering of utilities ;)

When I titled this thread as "part Deux" it was from the comedy Hot Shots part Deux

Now this is turning into a comedy - a comedy of errors,

After the earlier mentioned waiting for planning to accept our application the story gets worse so I thought I would rant at you lot.......

So we go to the planning office and see the duty PO (planning Officer)

He say's we have to apply for planning permission as we are lowering ground level and this is an "engineering operation"

The companies looking at doing this work have all said they have never heard that one before - but OK I can take it on the chin and besides if we put in a planning application then PD (permitted development) which is a bit of a grey area won't matter - it's complicated as we are lowering ground level etc so as I say I'll take it on the chin and put in a planning application.

So we do - we go back with all our plans and they go over them with the duty officer they tell us we need a floor plan and they need a cheque for £170 - we write the cheque and email them the floor plan the same day - I even have confirmation they got the email.

We then get a letter saying they need a scaled block plan and a bat survey, back to the planning office we go.

After speaking with the duty PO they agree that as per the planning website we don't need a bat survey and we give them a new copy of the block plan, to be fair when we copied the block plan the scale was not on it.

This is not good enough though :( although it is the same block plan used when we applied for the planning to do the loft conversion they want one at a different scale.

OK New block plan at correct scale obtained and emailed the same day, and we have the confirmation of delivery email they send back.

Another week passes and today I get an email saying the still can't process my application as they need a floor plan - hang on see above - we sent them one they confirmed they got it!! :wacko:

Also we need to pay them £2 as we underpaid on the original application - at this point I lost the plot - we sat there and wrote the cheque in the planning office with the duty PO and it takes them4 plus weeks to say your application is held up for £2 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Any way - back to the planning office tomorrow with a copy of the email sent a month ago with the floor plan and a shinny £2 coin

They don't make it easy for you do they!!!!

Rant over - have a great evening :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

Well another step in the saga - the PO came out and had a look, took some pictures discussed all aspects and went away happy and "could see no problems"

The Parish Consultation on the other hand has objected :scare:

Hopefully after a day of phone calls they are now withdrawing the objection, it seems they think we want to move into the garage ????

However after the PO confirmed that we had already agreed that should a covenant stopping residential occupation be needed for the application we did not mind at all - why would we it's a garage :wacko:

Anyway it appears that "if" we agree that it can't be used for residential and is only used as a garage they will withdraw the objection :yahoo:

This hopefully means we are back on track for a decision by the 22nd of this month - fingers crossed.

Good thing as the builders are booked to start moving the kitchen end of next week and the demolition is due to start a few weeks later.

I will keep you all informed

The New Zed Shed Will Live - (hopefully) :blush:

• Like 3

After a few hiccups along the way we got the answer on "The ZedShed Part II" today ........................

Drum Roll please

APPLICATION APPROVED !!!!!!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

• Like 11