The Zed Shed Part Deux Build still going

Keyser

Well me an the good lady took the next big step today :scare:

Yes we put in a planning application to build a double garage in the back garden :lol:

After much umming and ahhing along with speculating speaking to contacts (you know who you are and thanks :) )

We thought sod it stick in the application they will either say yes or no.

If it's yes then hopefully we will be able to start the build on the new and much improved Zed Shed :yahoo:

If it's no I'll have to build a turbo hayabusa engine in the existing Zed Shed and stick it in my Radical just to get over the disappointment - win win really :lol:

So watch this space for about 8 weeks :yawn:

I'll keep you posted :thumbs:

PS - I just bought a new toy for the Zed Shed :ninja: Pics at the weekend when I collect (No it's not another car - think big tools)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 8

Nice :)

You bought a lift?

:lol:

Awesome idea - I would have done that years ago but I don't have the head room in the current Zed Shed - that's not to say the planning app didn't have a double garage with quite a high roof on it ;)

But that's not the new toy coming this week/weekend - I have had my eye out for a while for this little gizmo and saw one at a good price on eBay so made an offer and a deal was done ;)

• Like 1

You bought a lift?

Awesome idea - I would have done that years ago but I don't have the head room in the current Zed Shed - that's not to say the planning app didn't have a double garage with quite a high roof on it ;)

But that's not the new toy coming this week/weekend - I have had my eye out for a while for this little gizmo and saw one at a good price on eBay so made an offer and a deal was done ;)

I had been looking at those low profile scissor lift type lifts, so you don't need the headroom you would need with a 2 or 4 poster. Lift the car up, put 4 axle stands under, lower the lift again so you have access to all of the underside.

Any more clues?

You bought a lift?

I had been looking at those low profile scissor lift type lifts, so you don't need the headroom you would need with a 2 or 4 poster. Lift the car up, put 4 axle stands under, lower the lift again so you have access to all of the underside.

Any more clues?

I have spent many an hour looking at those scissor lifts - can't quite justify it but been close a few times.

Any more clues - you will never guess what colour it is ;)

• Like 1

You bought a lift?

Any more clues?

I have spent many an hour looking at those scissor lifts - can't quite justify it but been close a few times.

Any more clues - you will never guess what colour it is ;)

A big green tool :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well while we sit and wait for the local planning department to actually accept our planning app :rant:

Takes 8 weeks from the time they accept it - they have had it a month cashed the cheque but not actually accepted the app yet :rant:

Any way as I was saying while sitting around waiting I have gone POWER MAD!!!!!!

My mate who happens to be a sparky ;) dropped in today to add another upgrade for me

This is a domestic house power supply (and then some)

Work in progress

S1050822_zps9rpwlw6t.jpg

S1050821_zpseolqwzsr.jpg

S1050823_zpsraixpdra.jpg

All finished I now have -

S1050825_zpsztowm5hv.jpg

S1050824_zps1rpxanvl.jpg

Yes my house is now fully furnished with 3 phase power supply :teeth:

He did this bit for two reasons

1. Ready to feed 3 phase to the new garage

2. I just bought a new (to me but second hand) Esab mig welder :cloud9: but it's 3 phase so I couldn't use it until we actually had a 3 phase distribution board.

Just thought I'd share that while we wait

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 2