MOT Passed. - Didn't expect these advisories though

KosmiK

1424885423983797129140_zpsi0vnhdsn.jpg

I always knew my exhaust was loud but I guess now its official. Do the other 2 just refer to the battery and brake fluid cover and the under tray? Didn't think they'd get an advisory. Doesn't everyone have them?

On the plus side I caught the whole thing on my new dash cam. So no funny business.

The components being covered is something I also had on our Mazda's MOT that was done yesterday - expect it is some (obvious) safeguard for the tester should something occur post the MOT, which is out of sight and could not be checked without dismantling. :shrug:

It's exactly that. It's to cover their ass. Don't think they are supposed to remove engine covers and undertrays on a MOT. the exhaust thing is funny tho!

That.

MOT testers aren't permitted to remove parts during the test (hence why a garage will fail a car, repair it and then retest if they've been told to fix anything causing failure rather than just doing it as they come across issues), so the tester is just covering himself for bit he can't visibly check.

The exhaust could well be a similar thing as exhausts aren't allowed/supposed to be louder than when the car left the factory... or something like that.

ETA; the exhaust volume isn't an MOT failure but technically and particular anal police officer could take exception to it if you were hugely unfortunate.

Edited by ilogikal1

I always knew my exhaust was loud but I guess now its official. Do the other 2 just refer to the battery and brake fluid cover and the under tray? Didn't think they'd get an advisory. Doesn't everyone have them?

On the plus side I caught the whole thing on my new dash cam. So no funny business.

Someone else posted a photo with advisories for 002 and 003 a while ago...same garage maybe?

Pete

Someone else posted a photo with advisories for 002 and 003 a while ago...same garage maybe?

Pete

Glad you said it! I thought I was caught in the twilight zone!