Someone crashed into my Nismo :'(

Louise

I am absolutely gutted and fuming to say the least. Some idiot went into my lane without looking and smacked into the side of my 370z. Its insured with Admiral who have given me a recommended garage, but I am a little hesitant to just allow anyone to repair it. The last thing I need is someone filling in my dents to keep the price low for the insurers. This is my first claim so I don't really know how well their recommended garages are?!

Can anyone recommend what I should do or consider while in this situation? I have gone to Nissan and asked for a detailed quote so I know what parts need to be replaced.

Much appreciated.

-Louise

:mad:

Do what I did, ring round or go and visit local bodywork places and see what they can do..? Batter your eyelashes a bit maybe.. Most bodywork / crash repair centers wont be able to give an accurate quote without seeing it first anyway!

Failing that, you could buy the replacement parts yourself, get them painted and attempt to fit them yourself?

• Like 1

Hi Louise, I was insured with Admiral when I had my car hit (by another Admiral driver). They had given me the list of recommended body shops but I insisted that I use my own. They were happy with me using my own garage and also dropped the courtesy car there as well so I had my lift home. I must say the process was really easy and if you have a garage in mind you would rather use, let them know you want to take it there.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear your news Louise :( Are you putting this through on your insurance or the other party's insurance? If the claim is going through the other person's insurance then you are perfectly within your right to ask for a bodyshop repairer of your choice at no additional cost to yourself. They should be paying for your courtesy car (similar spec to your car) as well.

Edit: and don't forget, you don't have to sign the repair off until you are happy with it!

Edited by Kraziekatz1
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone for the advice! Was my font really that small? I must had zoomed in on my browser page somehow lol (sorry).

I have done some research on the garage, but I can't find any reviews. I'm sure they are very capable, but I just want to be sure its going to be done right.

I have just noticed that Nissan quoted for a 370z Base Model, aren't the doors different on the Nismo?

While I'm on the subject of a body shop, can anyone recommend a decent one near Essex/London?

Sorry for all the questions :D

Tbh I'd just let a NIssan dealership sort it out: If anything goes wrong, they're the biggest organisation you can go to to make a fuss and get it sorted. The insurance companies really don't expect crap from main dealers either, so are less likely to take it ;)

IIRC 370Z doors are standard across the range.

• Like 1

I really dont know why people give advice when they dont actually know the answer ........... :dry:

Anyway, Kraziekatz and Hads are right, you can choose a place yourself - if its on their list then they will usually agree straight away, if not they may need to do some checking but usually come back with a :thumbs:

The only thing to bear in mind is if you use a bodyshop of your choice you tend to lose your excess until the claim is settled and that can often take a while, but at least you know its gonna be done right :)

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the advice! Was my font really that small? I must had zoomed in on my browser page somehow lol (sorry).

I have done some research on the garage, but I can't find any reviews. I'm sure they are very capable, but I just want to be sure its going to be done right.

I have just noticed that Nissan quoted for a 370z Base Model, aren't the doors different on the Nismo?

While I'm on the subject of a body shop, can anyone recommend a decent one near Essex/London?

Sorry for all the questions :D

Try RT-Performance in Wembley? They've got another member's supercharged 370z in for crash repair at the moment too

• Like 2

Tbh I'd just let a NIssan dealership sort it out: If anything goes wrong, they're the biggest organisation you can go to to make a fuss and get it sorted. The insurance companies really don't expect crap from main dealers either, so are less likely to take it ;)

Been there done that - most dont do bodywork

• Like 1

Been there done that - most dont do bodywork

really?

I would be insisting this is done somehow through Nissan or one of their certified repair centres. (surely they have them).

I think this is the second time in 4 years I have agreed with Ekona... good job dan!! :lol:

• Like 1

Every now and then! :D

They may not do it directly, but they will have someone to sub it out to. Just let them handle it all, I would.

Then you may as well use Admiral's recommendation in the first place, Ive no doubt that Nissan will use the cheapest local firm they can get away with TBH.

Sorry to read your bad news Louise.

As Chirag mentions RT Performance are probably a pretty good bet, ...not used them myself but heard nothing but good things about them from members on here who have taken their Zeds to them. Could be good for a quote at the very least either way.

Link: http://www.rt-performance.co.uk/

Good luck with it all. :thumbs:

They may not do it directly, but they will have someone to sub it out to. Just let them handle it all, I would.

Then you may as well use Admiral's recommendation in the first place, Ive no doubt that Nissan will use the cheapest local firm they can get away with TBH.

True. And I would, unless I had good reason not to.

When I spanked the Cayman, the insurer was Admiral and their instruction was to take it to Chaplanes. As you can imagine, the owner didn't need telling twice.

• Like 1

Rotten luck Louise.

No idea where you live, but if you're within reach I'd recommend TGM Sport Racing In Fleet Hampshire. They aren't cheap, but they do very good body work and painting.

(Probably best not to follow the recommendation earlier in the thread to 'batter' your eyelashes. Could be very painful. :) )

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear the news Louise

When I chose to have the sills painted on the 370 the Nissan HPC centre I was using had a Nissan 'approved' bodyshop that did a good job and gave me a certificate that the work would not affect Nissan warranty. Maybe worth asking your local HPC how they have bodywork repair done?

• Like 1

Hi Louise

Following on from my earlier post - I went to RT Performance in Wembley to get my car repaired through Admiral. It was a hassle free experience, and Taras is someone I would trust with my car. I had not paid a penny to Admiral nor RT Performance. Although the courtesy car I received from admiral was a Vauxhall Insignia :lol: :lol:.

• Like 1

Hi Louise

Following on from my earlier post - I went to RT Performance in Wembley to get my car repaired through Admiral. It was a hassle free experience, and Taras is someone I would trust with my car. I had not paid a penny to Admiral nor RT Performance. Although the courtesy car I received from admiral was a Vauxhall Insignia :lol: :lol:.

Thanks again for everyones help. i have spoken to the referred by Admiral and they have said they will replace all the damage with Nissan parts instead of repairing it. They said they wouldn't even think of doing a filler job with the type of car it is. So I am going ahead with that. lol I have asked my insurers for a like for like hire car, but if they w*nker denies fault, then I wont be entitled to one :(. Nissan Micra it is! :dry: