Petrol Prices

brillomaster

Still not a scratch on American prices...close to 50p a litre

#teamtarmac

Yes, It's roughly 55p a litre these days. Premium fuel (95 RON) is around $3.30 a gallon but a U.S Gallon is only 82% of an imperial gallon (3.7 litres) . 98 RON (if you can get it) would be 60/62p.

Pete

American guy was over here through work and was moaning about the price of fuel in the US... when I showed him our prices he just couldn't get his head around it!

Still not a scratch on American prices...close to 50p a litre

#teamtarmac

Yes, It's roughly 55p a litre these days. Premium fuel (95 RON) is around $3.30 a gallon but a U.S Gallon is only 82% of an imperial gallon (3.7 litres) . 98 RON (if you can get it) would be 60/62p.

Pete

American guy was over here through work and was moaning about the price of fuel in the US... when I showed him our prices he just couldn't get his head around it!

Swings and roundabouts I guess. Fuel is cheap in The U.S.A and salaries are higher but for example the cost of anything to do with medicine would be eye opening to most of us. Giving birth in a hospital a cool $9,000 ($3,500 if you're insured). Then there's dental treatment, prescription medicines, hospital and doctors bills, old peoples homes....much more expensive than The U.K.

Pete

Real world comparison between US and UK isn't actually that much different.

This is taking into account; average commute, average car MPG and US vs UK Gallon. There was a big old thread on it a few months back.

One of the reasons for lower prices (according to a news report I seen the other day) is the fact that the USA is now the biggest gas/oil exporter in the world.

its first time in god knows how many years they have topped the middle east..

Apparently its down to the thier shale oil/gas production.

• 1 month later...

Petrol prices dropping even lower! I'm sure I saw standard unleaded at a bargainous 107.9p per litre up in Derby at the weekend... thought it must have been an error, but perhaps not! Very much looking forward to the annual Christmas journey to visit family, 400mile round trip in the zed as long as the weather holds!

Anyone else taking their zeds out of hibernation for their xmas travels?

Petrol prices dropping even lower! I'm sure I saw standard unleaded at a bargainous 107.9p per litre up in Derby at the weekend... thought it must have been an error, but perhaps not! Very much looking forward to the annual Christmas journey to visit family, 400mile round trip in the zed as long as the weather holds!

Anyone else taking their zeds out of hibernation for their xmas travels?

117.9 surely?

Definitely a nice bonus though, almost as cheap as 4 years ago :yahoo:

With this and the improved dartford crossing my commute is almost becoming a joy :lol:

Edited by spursmaddave

My local Shell garage is selling Super unleaded for 1.29.9 then I go to Tescos and its 1.19.9

I know where im going.

I've boycotted Shell for that same reason.

Shell used to be in line with the other competitors, but but I'm not paying a fortune for insignificant air miles. Tesco Momentum for me now.

• Like 1