Petrol Prices

brillomaster

Anyone else noticed how much petrol has come down recently? Price for sainsburys unleaded (yes I know...) near me the other day was 1.229 which I thought was low, but morrisons have just trumped that with 1.209...

Its been a long long time since petrol last dipped below 1.20 but it might well get there if this downward trend continues! Going to have to go for a nice long hoon to celebrate methinks :)

• Like 1

I work in the shipping industry and the tanker you see on the forecourt represents about a days fuel for one of our vessels. The Oil price (Brent Crude) has been falling for a while and all shipping lines are trending with a falling BAF surcharge (Bunker Adjustment Factor) this is to protect lines from fluctuation. Forecast is currently oil prices will continue to be weak for immediate future so good news at the pumps for a little longer but it will go up again - it always does.

Plus theres a snowdome in the desert - thats why prices rocket ! :)

Edited by Mudman

wow just been looking at the government figures for petrol prices here: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistical-data-sets/oil-and-petroleum-products-weekly-statistics

average price for unleaded on 27/10/2014 was 125.11 - the last time it was that low was 03/01/2011, when it was 124.85. So this is comfortably the lowest price petrol has been for the last 4 years!

I work in the shipping industry and the tanker you see on the forecourt represents about a days fuel for one of our vessels. The Oil price (Brent Crude) has been falling for a while and all shipping lines are trending with a falling BAF surcharge (Bunker Adjustment Factor) this is to protect lines from fluctuation. Forecast is currently oil prices will continue to be weak for immediate future so good news at the pumps for a little longer but it will go up again - it always does.

Plus theres a snowdome in the desert - thats why prices rocket ! :)

Who do you work for?

When I left deep sea it was around $700 a ton for HFO.

Currently paying £680 a ton for MDO.

How much do you have to spend a tescos to get 20p a litre off?

Tesco’s Clubcard Fuel Save, due to run until 28 February 2015, allows Clubcard holders to save up to 20p per litre of fuel. For every £50 you spend in store or at tesco.com/groceries, you get 2p off a litre of fuel. Then for every further £50 you spend, you get another 2p off a litre and so on, up to a total of 20p a litre.

The Tesco fuel save doesn't stop at 20p. You can earn pretty much infinite per month. But you can only use 20p at a time.

I've got 38p to use next month :teeth:

You cannot carry over any unused amounts from one month to another, so if you have 38p to spend

in Oct you cannot carry over 18p to Nov, but you can fill up the wife's car as well and give her your 18p ;) .

The Tesco fuel save doesn't stop at 20p. You can earn pretty much infinite per month. But you can only use 20p at a time.

I've got 38p to use next month :teeth:

You cannot carry over any unused amounts from one month to another, so if you have 38p to spend

in Oct you cannot carry over 18p to Nov, but you can fill up the wife's car as well and give her your 18p ;) .

I know this. That is why I said I have 38p to use NEXT MONTH.

I have 3 cars. It's not difficult to use up.

• Like 1

Still not a scratch on American prices...close to 50p a litre

#teamtarmac

Yes, It's roughly 55p a litre these days. Premium fuel (95 RON) is around $3.30 a gallon but a U.S Gallon is only 82% of an imperial gallon (3.7 litres) . 98 RON (if you can get it) would be 60/62p.

Pete