iPhone 6/6Plus & Watch

Ekona

Lucky sod! :lol:

I admit, iTunes isn't the be all and end all, but once you understand how it works and just let it get on with it, it's absolutely fine. I have all my music running from a NAS, with a single iTunes library that updates from either my PC or Jo's iMac. It accepts stuff from my iTunes account or hers, ripped CDs, or dodgy stuff I get from the interweb. Was it a faff setting it up? Yes, but only because I was trying to force it to do something that it wasn't designed for. Once I figured that out, and guided it on its way, it was more than happy. :)

Half the trouble with moving from Windows/Linux stuff to Apple stuff is that you're so used to bodging everything, that you can't accept that there's a program that has s singular way of doing things. I used to love telling Win where to install stuff, as I wanted it in specific places to make my life easier. I can't do that with Apple stuff so easily, so it's best just to let it do its own thing and then you find it's actually a terrific piece of software.

Half the trouble with moving from Windows/Linux stuff to Apple stuff is that you're so used to bodging everything, that you can't accept that there's a program that has s singular way of doing things. I used to love telling Win where to install stuff, as I wanted it in specific places to make my life easier. I can't do that with Apple stuff so easily, so it's best just to let it do its own thing and then you find it's actually a terrific piece of software.

Plus one on that Dan ... it's illogical until you realise that Microsoft's illogical

The below was posted from a friend on stalk book - well it made me chuckle.

My favourite quote on the apple watch so far "It’s a gaudy wristband aimed at raising awareness of Chinese factory conditions. Or a handy visual tag that helps con artists instantly identify gullible rich idiots in a crowd".

• Like 2

Does anybody know if the iPhone 6 will connect to the standard Bose Bluetooth in my 350, before I get one and then realise I need a new head unit too?

Good question and I found out the hard way when I upgraded my phone to the Sony Xperia and my head unit and it was a no go.

Regardless of if you like the iPhone 6 or not (am not a fan, wouldn't be getting one), Apple is selling shed loads, and making £££ on each one. Unlike other companies Apple seems to be able to defy economics, and make their products more expensive with each upgrade but still they sell like hot cakes.......so frankly I really don't think Tim Cook cares one bit about people comparing the iPhone 6 to older android phones :)

Personally I think smart phones have reached their design peak, hence they are all looking the same, and I think Apple knows this.....hence the Apple Watch was the focuse of the Tim Cooks presentation a few weeks ago.

As for the Apple Watch, that does look like a massive step forwards compared to all the other 'smart' watches. I cannot wait to get one regardless of cost, I'm glad Apple made it comparable with the iPhone 5, I would have bought a iPhone 6 just so that I could get the watch....so call me a Apple fanboy but it's my money and I love spending it on useless gadgets :)

Edited by gangzoom