Which of your previous cars do you miss the most?

NeilMH

Even though memory can be distorted by looking through rosy coloured glasses, it would be interesting to know which of members' previous cars they miss the most.

Sometimes the choice is influenced by other factors - i.e.. it reminds you of a stage of life etc so it is often difficult to justify from a coldly logical perspective.

Anyway, here is mine - an Alfasud Ti S. I am really annoyed that I never took any decent pictures of mine (silver with black vinyl roof B) ) but I have managed to find one on the internet (it was quite a rare "special edition"). I absolutely loved this car - bear in mind my previous car had been a Marina :lol:

Alfa-Romeo-Alfasud-TiS-1980-600x450_zps95d733b0.jpg

my 300ZX twin turbo... went like stink (coming from a 1.8 MX5) had all the toys and the exhaust note was heaven (even if very loud). However had lots of mechanical problems and rust in line with a 20 year old Japanese car, eventually succumbed to a snapped conrod :(

5638383421_dae9abaa0c.jpg

5632172093_a58bb31f0d.jpg

• Like 1

I miss a couple over all the others, firstly I miss my range rover for its comfort, ability to go almost anywhere and the practicality of such a spacious boot and the other one I miss most is my xkr for it's straight line acceleration, the whine from the supercharger and the beautiful noise from the v8 with straight through exhausts.

A bit of a toss up for me between - my first car, an 850 mini (a real mini, not one of these buses they have today 😄) and more recently a B7 RS4, what a great all round machine, with an V8 exhaust note I could've listened to all day long (full Miltek)

My first car, a dogs rocket red Golf MK1 GTI. I sold it for something faster and regretted it ever since as it was immaculate condition. Tried to find it last year and found out it had been written off :thumbdown:

My best mate had a Mk1 VW GTI at the same time I had my Alfasud - I have happy memories of some B road blasts with the 2 of us. I really loved his VW but my recollection is that the brakes required some serious welly to make them work?

Caterham 7 that I built with my grandad, for sentimental reasons and pure driving fun, and an old series one landrover that I learnt to drive in.

Which version of the Caterham 7 was that?

My zed. Iv only owned 4 cars and been a named driver on 2 so not a huge car history but the zed was easily the pick of the bunch

Sold it 2 years ago and it's never been mentioned on here. No idea if it's still going or in car heaven

Either my Focus 1.8 TDdi, or the VXR220.

Focus because it was the first car I bought myself, and did everything so very well.

VXR220 as it was the first car that made me really understand vehicle dynamics. It also went like sh*t off a shovel.

For me my Black Renault Fuego 2.0 GTX, she was the most comfortable car we ever owned , always got nice comments , went like stink and she had just turned over 265,000 miles when we sold her, never used oil etc, the only costs where consumables during service and tyres obviously though they should come under consumables .

• Like 1

Im in the fortunate position that ive managed to keep my very favourite cars/motorbikes over the years, so the only ones ive ever sold are those I wouldnt miss. So I still have my very first car (a 1972 850cc Mini) and my favourite car ive ever owned which is my 1988 Renault 5 GT Turbo. Bike wise, ive held onto my 1994 ZXR750L2, my 1999 R1 and my 2000 Ducati 996. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I miss nearly all of em, miss the 1986 XR3i, the 1988 RS Turbo, the 1975 Pontiac Formula 400 Firebird, the 1978 Z28 Camaro, the 1977 3.0 Ghia Capri.... what a slop wagon but taught me all there is to know about drifting round islands in the wet, the 2007 BMW325I Coupe.............oh and especially the 1967 Mustang she was a honey, live axle, 3 speed manual, think I only ever got it into third half a dozen times, wheelspin in all gears !!!!! especially reverse. :scare:Yanks have that certain sweet smell about them, warm engine oil mixed with aging PVC and soft hot rubber ......... slightly arousing !!!! There was lots of dross in between in times when I had to be sensible but to be fair if I had my way I'd have em all rotting in me front yard like them hill billies in the states, great for keeping your chickens in. :lol:

Blimey - some interesting ones here. Renault Fuego........and what happened to all the Peugeot 504s - there were loads of them on the road at one stage. I haven't seen either for many years, even at classic car shows.

• Like 1