Oops. Newbie part II: 370z GT Edition with 488 bhp, 360 lb/ft :D

Oops, because I appear to have used man maths to justify a bit of an upgrade to my trusty Z. I'm running the Stillen supercharger (the vortech v3) and a custom map around the 9lb pulley from Simon at Norris designs. Quite a journey to get to an amazing tune, as Stillen aren't the most helpful shop around. The end result though is amazing. Nice linear torque and power, tops out at 487.8 bhp. Damn! I'd recommend this setup, properly quick, easy to maintain and driveable power.

Interested in wheels and brakes next. Should probably come along to a meet up.

Great sounding project fella, will be interested to read/see you 370Z.

What are you doing about oil temps ?? Do you track your car ??

Simon Norris, lol, not heard that name for while, well, without some sort of rage attached to it anyway :lol: .

Welcome, car sounds awesome :)

I mentioned only this morning that I want the stillen on my 350:

I want the stillen supercharger :(

totally jealous dude, get some pics up asap :)

Which thread did you mention this in?

A different one :lol:

Wow! What a warm welcome - thank you all :)

I'm away on holiday at the moment so limited access to pics etc but I've posted some of the build and stories on a blog I set up for the car; http://370zgt.tumblr.com/

I don't know if external links are allowed so apologies - I promise to read up on the forum rules ASAP ;)

Simon Norris and his team were excellent, actually. He did a sterling job with this tune with over 20h on the rollers. None of that should really have been necessary if Stillen had sent the correct maps and torque tables in the first place but the end result is a beautiful tune. Just gorgeous :) pics and meet-up soon!

• Like 1

You did see 3 seconds! The guys at Westway Nissan think the car is amazing - they're still servicing it for me at the HPC.

The 3s run had some wheel slippage too. It's silly fast!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Your Zed sounds great ~ first post slightly confusing to me as you say you have the "Stillen supercharger (the Vortech V3)" ~ two different companies and two different superchargers from what I know. Could be wrong though, I'm not a rocket scientist. :lol:

Would love to see pictures when you can. :thumbs:

Interesting car history and engine build on your 370 - hope to get to see this in the flesh.

Notice you have have favoured the Sessantas - very playful tyres and certainly better for the 370 than the standard Stones IMO. However having changed to MPSS they are in a different league and dare I suggest would be more suitable to putting the power down you are using. Yes, they may not be so playful on a standard 370 (mine is around 310bhp at the wheels after the Stillen exhaust and rev-up), but the grip is in another league....... Should last you longer too ;):lol:

• Like 2