Oops. Newbie part II: 370z GT Edition with 488 bhp, 360 lb/ft :D

Evening all!

A quickie: Oil temps are fine, it is my daily driver and used for a round trip from Farnham to Newbury. Obviously I give it some beans now and then on the journey because why not - it's like an impatient dog waiting for a stick!

It's off to Westway on Friday for oil and supercharger lube change, other than that no issues to report. Brakes holding up well on the Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas but I imagine of I tracked it the brakes, oil and tx temps would all succumb in a hot lap or two.

It got pretty warm but never exceeded safe parameters when I did the car limits day last year (& that was 33C ambient - the tyres were roasting in the sun!)

Goodness you are a friendly bunch! :D

BTW this is my second zed - I had a gorgeous black 350z with the VQ35DE rev engine (2007) love Zeds. Contemplated a 240z resto but decided on the supercharger work instead. One day!

To those interested in the Stillen kit, Simon and the team at Norris shared that it is a superbly engineered bit of kit - really well thought out, solidly made. You're welcome to look at it in the flesh.

My car is intentionally stock from the outside. Sounds a bit different. Whine at the front, bark and pops at the back!

@GMballistic the Stillen kit is based around the Vortech V-3 blower.

I'll work out how to reply properly to a post soon. The iPhone version seems a bit limited for options! #noob

welcome

that car is awsome i want one now dont know if i can bring myself to part with that amount tho :scare:

I borrowed 5k from my dad, paying him back at an affordable rate. Seems daft, but this is part of my "stop buying a car every five minutes" plan. Plus: Powerrrr!

:welcome: We like boosted and charged zeds :)

I'd love to see what some of the turbo cars are like. I like the driveability of NA so the centripetal SC route was a logical choice for me.

However I also laugh like a crazy thing when I go out in friends Evos & get the crazy delay/boost/dump thing with every gear!

I mentioned only this morning that I want the stillen on my 350:

I want the stillen supercharger :(

totally jealous dude, get some pics up asap :)

Great bit o kit. Fine if you stick with the supplied tune too, I only got into some difficulties when I went for the 9lb pulley upgrade, as then stillen didn't supply the right map for my car. Happy to talk about my experiences.

• Like 1

Welcome. I am in Farnham as well, 370Z midnight blue. You will probably only ever see me in your rear view mirror. :)

Evening! Love the blue. Nah I drive like an old lady round town... Only really open the taps on the twisty stuff / good visibility.

Welcome. I am in Farnham as well, 370Z midnight blue. You will probably only ever see me in your rear view mirror. :)

Evening! Love the blue. Nah I drive like an old lady round town... Only really open the taps on the twisty stuff / good visibility.

That said there's a lovely pair of 90 degree bends out near Bentley on one of the back roads that has superb visibility. I have never once rounded those without smoke and drift :D

I'd love to see what some of the turbo cars are like. I like the driveability of NA so the centripetal SC route was a logical choice for me.

However I also laugh like a crazy thing when I go out in friends Evos & get the crazy delay/boost/dump thing with every gear!

No lag on mine, just crazy power :) running twin hybrid GT25/35 garrett turbos

• Like 2

No lag on mine, just crazy power :) running twin hybrid GT25/35 garrett turbos

Wow! :-O

• Like 1

Tidy installation, tight in there though.

Very nice. B)

Just fyi ~ all that oily/gunk looking stuff on your suspension towers can easily (with some elbow grease) be removed using some Carb cleaner. Just spray a little on a rag and gentle wipe it off. That's what I did on my 350 anyway & worked a treat. ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WYNNS-AIR-INTAKE-AND-CARBURETTOR-CARB-CLEANER-AEROSOL-CAN-PETROL-ENGINE-CLEANS-/390802146845?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item5afd9f861d

• Like 1