Oops. Newbie part II: 370z GT Edition with 488 bhp, 360 lb/ft :D

what sort of life has the engine got in it once the super charger is fitted on stock internals

Should be okay from what I've heard from Stillen. I'm following the service regime strictly -

* Inspect the Vortech V3 supercharger oil level every 2,500 mi

* Replace the Vortech V3 supercharger oil at 2,500 mi, and every 7,500 miles thereafter.

* Check the coolant level in the intercooler. Change it annually.

* Change engine oil every 4500 mi (twice as often as normal)

I'm not stressing the car regularly - for the most part it's 'normal' driving.

We shall see how this pans out.

Welcome. Car sounds awesome. Shame you haven't been more visable on the forum before...

Payco

Thanks! Yeah I've lurked for a while. Did a bit of interior refurb on the 350z - that paintwork is flaky! But I figured now is a good time to get involved a bit more, now I've not got a stock car ;)

what sort of life has the engine got in it once the super charger is fitted on stock internals

Should be okay from what I've heard from Stillen. I'm following the service regime strictly -

* Inspect the Vortech V3 supercharger oil level every 2,500 mi

* Replace the Vortech V3 supercharger oil at 2,500 mi, and every 7,500 miles thereafter.

* Check the coolant level in the intercooler. Change it annually.

* Change engine oil every 4500 mi (twice as often as normal)

I'm not stressing the car regularly - for the most part it's 'normal' driving.

We shall see how this pans out.

Hope it goes well

I would love to do this

Dose the car still feel controllable or is it just wild

I'm seriously keen on this

It is as controllable as the normal car. That's one of the reasons I chose my kit, you want crazy power, drop two cogs! You want to potter about, drive normally. Love it! Look at the power and torque (attached). Torque rises slowly then flat from about 4.5k, Power is a lovely straight line. This is slightly different from the 'normal' tune that you buy direct from Stillen. That's a turnkey install based around the 8 lb pulley. My tune is specific to the 9lb pulley on V-Power. Talk to Simon at Norris Designs for info. :) I'm pretty sure you could get the Stillen kit + 9lb pulley. I went for a decat but this would be very similar with a Berk HFC from what I understand.

post-18339-0-26162100-1407147752_thumb.jpg

Tidy installation, tight in there though.

Sweet, I have got to get me one of those... :)

Simon is a great guy, I spent many an hour (and quite a bit of cash) with him back in the day with my GTi-R

I agree. Simon, Rob, Kelly and the team did some great work on my car, and even though my ECU let me down and Stillen were a bit of a pain to deal with Si went above and beyond my expectations. I hope that some of you might also benefit from the work he's done (over 20h on the rollers) on my car — that's a sweet map!

Dominic

Welcome. I am in Farnham as well, 370Z midnight blue. You will probably only ever see me in your rear view mirror. :)

:D Hope to see you about.

I went for a walk this weekend and saw a nice looking blue 350z with some nice looking exhaust over on Burnt Hill Rd. Nice.

Hey man, top car you got here, those graph curves are awesomely smooth, great peak torque too :) .

How do you find your oil temps now that you're boosted, I may have missed it but did you get an oil cooler ??

Afternoon Suits! For my driving style, oil temps are normal range. Here's some detail in summary form :D (is that a thing?)

• It has been damned hot out there in the sunshine since the kit was installed.
  • I frequently make a roundtrip between Farnham and Newbury (1h by varying routes but a good mix of twisty roads and motorways), and sometimes its local roads and always the twisty ones.
  • I wait for warm oil before giving it the beans. Mechanical sympathy is the key.
  • Given that: oil temps have not exceeded the normal range. It sits at 90-105℃ It may have peaked at 110℃ on one occasion.
  • The hottest I ever got the car was when it was stock — I took the car on the 'Car limits driver training day' at North Weald Airfield, was about 33℃ ambient, no wind, baking sun and I was doing lots of full power acceleration and handling tests. There, it got to about 115℃.
  • None of these numbers worry me so far.
  • I get the oil changed at Westway Nissan Aldershot HPC on an L1 service every 4500 mi as per the recommended maintenance for the supercharger kit.
  • Some detail on the car's blog — http://370zgt.tumblr.com/tagged/supercharger

How's that?

If anything I am interested in brake cooling and monitoring the transmission temps over the noise of the oil temps. From what I can tell, there's a lot of noise about almost nothing for 370z oil temps. :)

Edited by dajw
  • Like 1

I am shocked your temp figures are so low, even on the track. I got mine to 135-140 degrees in a 20 minute session.

I have now added better filters/intakes but I am sure it would still peak at the same unless I get an oil cooler.

Your local so I will keep an eye out :)

• Like 1

I am shocked your temp figures are so low, even on the track. I got mine to 135-140 degrees in a 20 minute session.

I have now added better filters/intakes but I am sure it would still peak at the same unless I get an oil cooler.

Your local so I will keep an eye out :)

Wow! Those are much higher. As I said I don't track my car. I've just driven to Newbury and it was 95 most of the way, peaked 105 when playing a bit but quickly returned to 95

Are there any hardware revisions between model years? Mines an otherwise standard 2012 GT Edition.

IMHO oil cooler a must if you track the car. On mine aside from oil cooler i have also put vents in the wing splash shields and fitted the vented aluminium undershield to allow hot air out of engine bay now only see about 120/130 when tracking.

IMHO oil cooler a must if you track the car. On mine aside from oil cooler i have also put vents in the wing splash shields and fitted the vented aluminium undershield to allow hot air out of engine bay now only see about 120/130 when tracking.

Hey Kev. That's interesting — are these off the shelf products or custom fabricated? If the former, where are they from. I'd like to find out more about this (to satisfy my own nerdy curiosity!)

Hey Kev. That's interesting — are these off the shelf products or custom fabricated? If the former, where are they from. I'd like to find out more about this (to satisfy my own nerdy curiosity!)

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/370z_Zspeed_Aluminum_Undertrays/370ZSPUT_.aspx