Excited and want to shout :D

AliveBoy

So, some of you may know, I'm getting married on the 2nd of August, which in itself is very exciting!

However.... This also means, I get to have a blowout holiday with my soon to be wife (Elin) and do cool things I'd normally never do...

I've just booked to drive a NASCAR when we're in Vegas! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: It wasn't cheap by any means, but Elin said it's likely my one chance for the foreseeable future, so I booked this morning! :D :D

That is all. Sorry for the interruption :)

• Like 12

I looked at doing one of those experience days too, at Daytona when I'm out there next week. Like you say though, hellishly pricey and I just couldn't justify the cost. How many laps did you go for?

My best mate drove one out there many years ago, said it was amazing. Enjoy fella, I'm sure you'll love it :)

• Like 1

you're getting married!?!? .... o well, nevermind. :dry: No, congrats! ;) seriously, welcome to the world of compromise, so well done on getting that booked, and book anything else you can think of right now that you won't be allowed to do in the future!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys and girls :) We went to Vegas 2 years ago for 3 days, we weren't too bothered and it was more of a "tick it off the list of places to go" thing than anything and we absolutely loved it! I'm so excited for all of it :) We get married on the 2nd and then have a wait until the 18th for honeymoon as the prices literally halved due to the American schools going back in August!

I looked at doing one of those experience days too, at Daytona when I'm out there next week. Like you say though, hellishly pricey and I just couldn't justify the cost. How many laps did you go for?

My best mate drove one out there many years ago, said it was amazing. Enjoy fella, I'm sure you'll love it :)

going for 8 laps :lol: I couldn't justify any more than that, there's in car video recordings etc too (at extra cost of course!) which should be cool, and you get a print out of your lap times and top speed. I'll post those up even if I'm rubbish :D

I'm really lucky, Elin is the right amount of interested in cars. Enough to come to meets, shows, drift days etc, but not interested enough that we need to pay for two modified cars :lol:

• Like 1

8 laps should be plenty I think, what day are you doing it? Just wondering if you say it's great then I could still book myself in if we're out there :D

22nd August is the day of the drive. A long time to wait haha!

Shake and bake! Amazing, love that film! will have to get that in somewhere!

We've been living together for 5 years now, so it's not a massive rush into things even though we're still fairly young :lol:

• Like 1

don't forget the downside of that...............getting married curtails any rumpy pumpy ;):lol:

Ioneabee, that explains a lot.....I always sensed frustration in your posts ;)

you're female - you tell me why that happens :p:dry::)