Why do people hate on the 350z???

rjohnson1993

On a related note, I did a survey a few years back asking whether people bought their Zed mainly for the looks or for the drive, and the majority said for the looks.

I found that odd.

Bought mine for the looks firstly and for Japanese reliability secondly as I knew I'd be keeping this car for a long time. I considered other similar cars but after test driving a chilli red back in January 2006 decided it was the car for me. Performance for me is ample as I'm very unlikely to go much faster than the speed limit and I grew out of the traffic light GP many years ago. Rarity was also a big factor, I'd rather drive something different than say the corporate style that is prevalent today in Audi/BMW.

Pete

Pretty much ditto Pete I had always wanted one since seeing Hammond ragging the rusty ragtop on Top Gear, yeah Clarkson didn't like it but who cares what he thinks about anything anyway :lol:

Mary wanted a coupe when I met her and we got a Hyundai Coupe which gave me the bug, had the looks to be fair but the performance was not great, so chopped that in for a Zed :cloud9:

On a related note, I did a survey a few years back asking whether people bought their Zed mainly for the looks or for the drive, and the majority said for the looks.

I found that odd.

Bought mine for the looks firstly and for Japanese reliability secondly as I knew I'd be keeping this car for a long time. I considered other similar cars but after test driving a chilli red back in January 2006 decided it was the car for me. Performance for me is ample as I'm very unlikely to go much faster than the speed limit and I grew out of the traffic light GP many years ago. Rarity was also a big factor, I'd rather drive something different than say the corporate style that is prevalent today in Audi/BMW.

Pete

+1 absolutely agree "rather drive something different ......"

Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with 70% of cars on the road (generic cars/euro boxes) but it's a good feeling to know that my car of choice isn't the same as most of the others in the works car park etc :)

Edit .... no offence meant to any mondeo, 3 series drivers etc ;)

Edited by tatooandy67

I guess your surprise at my " almost" V8 burble is because you do not have to do Sunday afternoon drives with your wife when at 1200 rpm in 6th gear and 40 mph in a convertible there is a pleasant burble from the Z. As the owner of a Rover V8 engined TR I was able to make the comparison. North of 4000rpm there is no similarity.

• Like 1

I guess your surprise at my " almost" V8 burble is because you do not have to do Sunday afternoon drives with your wife when at 1200 rpm in 6th gear and 40 mph in a convertible there is a pleasant burble from the Z. As the owner of a Rover V8 engined TR I was able to make the comparison. North of 4000rpm there is no similarity.

No worries Jeff just a bit of banter :p

I had a single mass clutch / lightened flywheel on my Zed it would have stalled in 6th at 1,200 rpm, not burbled :lol:

You should look at exhausts, there is everything from refined and burbly to what sounds like an elephant farting into a tuba ;)

Edited by spursmaddave

see I found the zed v6 along way off from a v8, partly why I sold it and via a dog leg, now have a v8. Those extra 2 pistons make a big difference to sound, even on tick over.

This is why I said lock this thread. Turns into a Jag forum! Again. Sorry SMD, I still appreciate all the zed help you gave me!! ðŸ‘

Oh god imagine a jag forum!!! :scare:

All middle aged men who think they own the road ;)

• Like 1

This is why I said lock this thread. Turns into a Jag forum! Again. Sorry SMD, I still appreciate all the zed help you gave me!! ðŸ‘

Imagine a jag forum.. I am signed up to it... 350z-uk!!! Hahaha. I am gonna get some hate tomorrow when the oldies are up!

I had a single mass clutch / lightened flywheel on my Zed it would have stalled in 6th at 1,200 rpm, not burbled :lol:

You should look at exhausts, there is everything from refined and burbly to what sounds like an elephant farting into a tuba ;)

SMD - I would be most interested to learn where you heard an elephant farting into a tuba? Is it on Youtuba?

Oh...and a Jag forum...what a good idea...or maybe we could have our own section on this one? B)

With my new Adamesh rear pipes I can now hear what a V8 sounds like :p

I have an e39 Bmw 540i sport, 4.4l v8, it's also a sports exhaust from the cat back, it is world's and bounds ahead of my zed in sound terms. I wouldn't say the zed sounds anything like my v8. Not heard a rover v8 however so.

I am actually finding the zed a little under whelming, I love how it looks, the handling is sharp enough, steering is great, but I find it lacks a bit of punch and doesn't sound that amazing unless you are on wot.

I know an exhaust will sort the sound part, so it would just be the power to sort after, but that's big money to go FI.

Hmm I don't know, I'm pondering at the moment with what to do.

I have an e39 Bmw 540i sport, 4.4l v8, it's also a sports exhaust from the cat back, it is world's and bounds ahead of my zed in sound terms. I wouldn't say the zed sounds anything like my v8. Not heard a rover v8 however so.

I am actually finding the zed a little under whelming, I love how it looks, the handling is sharp enough, steering is great, but I find it lacks a bit of punch and doesn't sound that amazing unless you are on wot.

I know an exhaust will sort the sound part, so it would just be the power to sort after, but that's big money to go FI.

Hmm I don't know, I'm pondering at the moment with what to do.

well, if it doesn't give you a hardon anymore, just sell up. :shrug: ( I mean this in the nicest possible way )

I bought a 370 and now I'm a DULL F*C it's even written above my avatar :(

:lol:

To whichever lovely MOD changed it 2 Things

1. I now have to keep that number plate :boxing:

2. I still have over 400HP at the wheels :p

• Like 2

The one I am on is more fun than here right now, it's very off topic and a good laugh... bit like this place used to be :(

Sent from the golf club...

SMD - I would be most interested to learn where you heard an elephant farting into a tuba? Is it on Youtuba?

Oh...and a Jag forum...what a good idea...or maybe we could have our own section on this one? B)

With my new Adamesh rear pipes I can now hear what a V8 sounds like :p

Would love to hear that V8 sometime Neil :)

I have got a couple of bits from Adamesh good quality :)

Sent from the golf club...

its the banter on this forum that keeps me here. the cars been around long enough that most things have been done at least once and discussed 100 times. which has created a forum which is more akin to the zed bible than just a forum. what makes this forum such a past member magnet is that it still maintains a lot of off topic and fun banter, not just on zeds but life in general.

I've been on pretty much every forum of every marque of car I've owned. I've kept a few friends from each, but I don't post on them anymore. but the zed club and some of its members has kept me interested and posting.

jag club.... zed club.... it should just be called ....car friends :lol: if I had the time i'd find the inbetweeners link :lol:

Is that all? :p

:yawn:

You wouldn't even bring the GTR down to castle combe for a run with me - your numbers are just for the pub :p

O and its OVER 400 in BOTH the 350 and the 370 :p:p

• Like 1

Is that all? :p

:yawn:

You wouldn't even bring the GTR down to castle combe for a run with me - your numbers are just for the pub :p

O and its OVER 400 in BOTH the 350 and the 370 :p:p

Meh, I'll see you at Combe next April once the Supra is repaired :p