Why do people hate on the 350z???

rjohnson1993

There is only one opinion that counts ( or two if you have a significant other ) !!!

^^^ point made.... Totally agree, so my zed isn't as fast as some, isn't as refined as some ..........but I love it and so does the mrs, the most important and only opinions I take on board ;)

Edited by tatooandy67

And yet some people still feel the need to defend their car to their dying breath. I've not seen too much hate for the 350 or 370 on other forums though, apart from the obvious too heavy/crap interior/thirsty engine comments.

Those that think the Zed (in any form) is the greatest car ever make me laugh. Those that think it's a great car despite the faults get my respect and admiration. :thumbs:

• Like 3

And yet some people still feel the need to defend their car to their dying breath. I've not seen too much hate for the 350 or 370 on other forums though, apart from the obvious too heavy/crap interior/thirsty engine comments.

Those that think the Zed (in any form) is the greatest car ever make me laugh. Those that think it's a great car despite the faults get my respect and admiration. :thumbs:

I would just like to take this opportunity of saying that, whilst I don't think the Zed is the greatest car ever, I do think it is a great car notwithstanding it's faults :lol:

• Like 1

yep, saw a photo on facebook the other night posted by fastcar, showing a 240z and 350z and about 80% of the comments consisted of hate towards the 350

well, I've bought fast car magazine before and quite frankly, I was more impressed with the sponsor girls getting their bristols out. It's just for young lads in fiesta Zetecs and lowered VW Polos on piano wheels. It's just Bollocks. I bet if a 350 landed on their drive way they would drive it, realise how wrong they were and then defend it to the hilt. But because the haven't driven one - and I serisously doubt they think it's ugly - they just have an uneducated opinion about it and just quote pub talk. Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

I went from a Civic Type R to my Zed and these are a few of the things I LOVE abt my Zed;

1. The weight. I like the fact that it doesnt bounce off bumps in the road and crash when going over

holes in the road. She feels firm and soft at the same time. The heavy feel is what makes it feel like quality.

That goes for the heavy steering, clutch and gearbox too.

2. Most seem to think the standard exhaust is too quiet. After going from a scorpion on the Civic, the

Standard Zed exhaust is lovely! subtle, as a prestigue coupe should be (IMHO or course)

3. OK the BHP isn't amazing, but the torque is lovely. Such a smooth creamy acceleration, pulls in every gear.

Now this is much more important to me than BHP figures.

The type R was literally nothing until 6k revs and even in the Vtec there was next to no torque with the front

wheels spinning all over the place, it was so tiring having to shift down the whole time and it screamed as

opposed to roared.

4. My girlfriend hated the type r. She LOVES the Zed

• Like 1

People think that because a hot hatch these days is faster than a zed that it's a crap car. It's not about about figures in my opinion, the zed is fast enough but nothing to go mad about. It's more about the sound and how it looks, yeah go and get a VXR and it'll be quicker but look at it, it's just an Astra.

• Like 2

Oh god don't start that again...! :lol:

I don't know, I think Daveyboy is on to something there. Davey, please expand - and if anyone has any counter arguments or little anecdotes to share regarding VXRs such as 'It was neck and neck until 4th gear and then I started pulling away' your input is wanted.

• Like 1

The only bad thing is the engine, the rest is great :thumbs:

Replace "engine" with "weight" ;)

Thing is it's not that heavy for a modern car. Sure it's no Elise but it weighs around the same as my mk 4 golf that it replaced and has double the power output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only bad thing is the engine, the rest is great :thumbs:

Replace "engine" with "weight" ;)

Thing is it's not that heavy for a modern car. Sure it's no Elise but it weighs around the same as my mk 4 golf that it replaced and has double the power output.

I agree, depends on definitions i guess. Discounting anything sub a ton, i would consider most things up to 12 - 1300 ish light for a road car. Mine weighed with sub box and amp and weighty 19's, 1450kg, get rid of that jazz & 18's and its down to 1400kg, hardly GTR territory at 1750kg ish, now thats a heavy car and will still be as fast or faster than most supercars!

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

The bottom line surely is the zed provides a reasonable performance, fair value for money, enough rarity to turn heads and IT'S FUN !!!

This! A lot of the people who slate it probably haven't driven it or are just badge snobs. It's a lot of car for the money and I'm struggling to think of what I can get for 8k that will be as fun/reliable

• Like 1