Why do people hate on the 350z???

rjohnson1993

On a related note, I did a survey a few years back asking whether people bought their Zed mainly for the looks or for the drive, and the majority said for the looks.

I found that odd.

On a related note, I did a survey a few years back asking whether people bought their Zed mainly for the looks or for the drive, and the majority said for the looks.

I found that odd.

I kind of understand but its not why I bought my Zed.

Saw Jables one a few years ago when he had the azure and was blown away by the colour and the paintwork and how it sounded.

Always had a soft spot, however since then I've been through a number of cars and I kept looking at 2 seater sports car reviews and the 350Z just kept getting the best reviews 'Drivers Car'

'One of the best priced sports cars' etc.

So thats what finally sold it to me!

Never had any hate however, however mine is totally and utterly stock.

Wonder if its a modified car thing?

• Like 1

Just bought a 350Z convertible and having read the thread agree with many points. Good points, the start up thrum and subsequent burble ( not quite V8 but close) the total tractability at low revs , the gearbox, my wife will come in it with me ( refused in a Boxster) , solid feel, for me enough performance ( same as Honda S2000 and only marginally below Boxster S and way beyond ubiquitous MX5) , impressive appearance and rarity in UK. Bad points, cheap interior, mine fabric seats which have poor quality bolster fabric and just look so drab, I'm 5ft 6" but how could any one above 5ft 10" drive my car which has no reach adjustment for the steering wheel.

Summary, for £5k I have a motor which is giving me a lot of pleasure.

• Like 2

I found that odd.

I bought mine based on looks

Sold it because of performance

Edited by BillyZed
  • Like 1

Good post Jeff

Like most older sports cars wheel adjustment isnt there and you just have to work the seat as best you can. On my VX220 the steering wheel didnt move at all, it had a solid one position bucket seat which slid back and forth a bit, so the zed looked like luxury in seating terms compared to that :lol:

When Ryan creating this thread, I'm sure he didn't expect so much negative comments from ex owners on this forum lol. The fact that this forum is as good as it is with so many members, just shows you how much love there is for one of the sexiest midrange coupes on the market. I sure am smitten with mine and the positive comments at petrol stations and such like just don't get old :D

• Like 3

When Ryan creating this thread, I'm sure he didn't expect so much negative comments from ex owners on this forum lol. The fact that this forum is as good as it is with so many members, just shows you how much love there is for one of the sexiest midrange coupes on the market. I sure am smitten with mine and the positive comments at petrol stations and such like just don't get old :D

Which petrol stations? I might have a drive to Kent just so I can finally get the respect I deserve.

this...

:)

I think the conclusion from this thread from my point of view is as follows..

The 350z is by no means the worlds best car, or fastest, something i knew from day one, but it certainly isnt the worst or the slowest. Their are things i love about my 350 and things i would change, but then that would apply to nearly any car that i own.

Its all down to personal experiences and taste, i for one enjoy owning my car and anyone who says they're crap need to have an extremey good reason to say so, either way their will be people who love and hate, but who really cares when its you behind the wheel not them..

• Like 5

I wouldn't say they were negative, just objective opinion. The fact that the opinion isn't all in line with the most enthusiastic zed owner doesn't make it negative?

Exactly, just because those that own a Zed currently don't agree doesn't make it wrong...

Funniest comment recently on the thread was about the V6 burble being almost like a V8, the Zed has a nice big lazy V6 which quite honestly sounds awful without a decent induction kit, if it sounded so great why would almost all owners stick an exhaust on that drowns it out :lol:

I must confess I never see the point of this sort of debate. It's almost like trying to understand why some people like Jazz and others hate it. However long it is debated, there is no such thing as the right answer.

Still I suppose this is what we all do to pass the time... ;) ....so sad are we :wacko:

The sound of a car is also a very personal thing.

If I took any notice of what people think I would never had owned an orange 2CV, or my daily ride - a Toyota Corolla 1.3 auto bought new in 1992 :p

• Like 1

I wouldn't say they were negative, just objective opinion. The fact that the opinion isn't all in line with the most enthusiastic zed owner doesn't make it negative?

Exactly, just because those that own a Zed currently don't agree doesn't make it wrong...

Funniest comment recently on the thread was about the V6 burble being almost like a V8, the Zed has a nice big lazy V6 which quite honestly sounds awful without a decent induction kit, if it sounded so great why would almost all owners stick an exhaust on that drowns it out :lol:

You don't own one so you don't qualify to post about them :p 'coughjagformcough' #Jealous

In fact its this sort of debate that I think is the strength of this forum...I got a torrent of abuse thrown at me on the VX forum just for daring to even suggest that I felt the turbo version of the car was overpriced in my opinion. On here you have a growing group of ex-owners who stick around because its a great forum to talk on and have made good mates on here as well as still having something to contribute in terms of answering questions - how many times have ex-owners helped out current owners with their zed questions :)

Looking forwards to seeing various cars at the Woodman meet on Sunday B)

• Like 1

I must confess I never see the point of this sort of debate. It's almost like trying to understand why some people like Jazz and others hate it. However long it is debated, there is no such thing as the right answer.

Still I suppose this is what we all do to pass the time... ;) ....so sad are we :wacko:

If I took any notice of what people think I would never had owned an orange 2CV, or my daily ride - a Toyota Corolla 1.3 auto bought new in 1992 :p

Me either Neil which is why I stir them up, we are both ex Zed owners with a combined age of over 100 but didn't stop us giggling like schoolgirls when I gave you a demo of the miltek/berks & pop charger did it :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 2

Me either Neil which is why I stir them up, we are both ex Zed owners with a combined age of over 100 but didn't stop us giggling like schoolgirls when I gave you a demo of the miltek/berks & pop charger did it :lol:

Giggling like schoolgirls...how very dare you. Any vestige of street-cred that I had is gone in an instant (a net loss of precisely nil). B)

• Like 4

In fact its this sort of debate that I think is the strength of this forum...I got a torrent of abuse thrown at me on the VX forum just for daring to even suggest that I felt the turbo version of the car was overpriced in my opinion. On here you have a growing group of ex-owners who stick around because its a great forum to talk on and have made good mates on here as well as still having something to contribute in terms of answering questions - how many times have ex-owners helped out current owners with their zed questions :)

Looking forwards to seeing various cars at the Woodman meet on Sunday B)

Spot on Col, I had my zed for over 3 yeara and 40k miles, spares no expense even though she was an old girl! I attended countless meets, have mate some friends I would class as 'lifers' and still attend meets all the time (2 this weekend)

I take 'stick' for my old mans car, well until anyone has a passenger ride ;) but I couldn't care less! I was straight up about the Zed when I had it and still am, my opinions from actual ownership so again don't care if people like them or not :p

The Zed is a great car, good on most levels without being exceptional on any, and most of all it is fairly rare and cheap :)

• Like 2

Giggling like schoolgirls...how very dare you. Any vestige of street-cred that I had is gone in an instant (a net loss of precisely nil). B)

Haha it was great though, 2 old farts liatening to Pink Floyd flooring it through an covered car park :cloud9:

Best of all I persuaded you along with many others to go down the same exhaust route as me ;)

I found that odd.

Bought mine for the looks firstly and for Japanese reliability secondly as I knew I'd be keeping this car for a long time. I considered other similar cars but after test driving a chilli red back in January 2006 decided it was the car for me. Performance for me is ample as I'm very unlikely to go much faster than the speed limit and I grew out of the traffic light GP many years ago. Rarity was also a big factor, I'd rather drive something different than say the corporate style that is prevalent today in Audi/BMW.

Pete

• Like 1