Why do people hate on the 350z???

rjohnson1993

Put a std R33Gts against a 350z and there would be nothing In it in a straight line, so i dont really get your point that an easily tuned turbo car Is faster in a straight line?

Standard GTS is 130hp mate, I dont think so ;)

What drugs are you taking ?

Its a 2 litre non turbo ;)

The GTST will be a different story ;)

• Like 2

Put a std R33Gts against a 350z and there would be nothing In it in a straight line, so i dont really get your point that an easily tuned turbo car Is faster in a straight line?

Think he's right if your talking of just the GTS version.

The 350Z should beat even the R33 GTS 2.5Turbo version as the 0-60 on that is quoted as around 6.7secs from what I can find.

Correctness pills ;)

Apparently there was a gentleman's agreement in Japan at the time around the 'claimed' paper stats of the cars they were producing. Most standard GTSTs arriving in the UK, even though they are 10-15 years old, are usually running around 10-20 bhp more than the 250bhp paper number - according to chaps running them on dynos on the forums. Then of course you do the solenoid mod (you cut a wire and put some insulation tape around it) which moves the turbo from two stage to single stage which gives you full boost through the rev range which pulls the 0-60 down even further.

Unofficial 0-60 numbers on stock GTSTs are around 5.5 seconds which makes sense given that they are lighter than a 350z and about on par with power.

In any case, having owned both, the Skyline certainly feels a lot quicker - not scientifically proven though!

Anyway its irrelevant! I was just saying I think MY R33 is quicker in a straight line than MY 350z - and it cost a fair few quid less.

• Like 1

Coldel, couple that with the the fact that many owners found the zed to be as much as 20 BHP down on quoted figures at least on the early cars, doesn't help either. And if you don't run them on the proper fuel that can knock a chunk of ponies off as well.

Again, we're back to the fact that whilst a car may be quicker in a straight line, it doesn't make it better.

A 350Z will murder an R33 GTST round the corners, as well it should: It's a much newer chassis design.

• Like 2

Do you have a build thread codel? Would like to see some pics of your skyline :)

Also I'm curious, what has the reliability been like with it? My friends R33 GTR is constantly off the road due to one thing or another.

Only got this thread, not so much build as I have built naff all haha - just tidied it up! http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82095-the-r33/

So far touch wood very reliable, I think these cars tend to become unreliable when people just buy a big turbo and slap it on without getting the right ECU, internals etc. Not saying your mate has done he could have just been unlucky. But generally the engines themselves are very robust like the 350z engines are.

Again, we're back to the fact that whilst a car may be quicker in a straight line, it doesn't make it better.

A 350Z will murder an R33 GTST round the corners, as well it should: It's a much newer chassis design.

Which is why I said, in a straight line its quicker than my Zed, never said it would beast it around corners.

• Like 1

Got to love these sort of theads :snack:

Col you have to remember, you don't have a Zed now, even being a previous owner like myself means that you now know NOTHING about Zeds and any comments about them not being the best most fabulous, fastest car in the whole wide world will be flamed :p

Sent from the golf club...

Its the 'algorithm of purchase' formula Dan ;)

A*Looks+B*Drive+C*Desireability+D*Exclusivity+E*Cost of Running=Purchase of Brand of Car :lol:

Some things work more for others - I know I tend to heavily weight D when buying cars, stupid, but thats me!