Keyed

JetSet

Some time over the past couple of weeks Caroline's Roadster has been keyed down the passenger side, one of the hazards of working in a war zone I guess. Damage is relatively light compared to some keying jobs I've seen and it's only gone completely through in 2 areas, the front wing and the rear panel, about 6 inches on both Door is keyed along most of it's length but has only gone down through the first layer of paint. I'll get some photos up when the car is clean again. Anyone any idea of the cost ? If it's going to be expensive we'll probably just leave it for now and get it done when we sell up in a couple of years time.

Pete

Bring it to a detailed who will hit it with a rotary and hopefully get rid if most of it, may even be able to salvage the door and only have to spray the other 2 panels.

I've had panels done at £100 a pop, hopefully you can get the same deal :)

I'm sure mine has been done along the top of my boot lid, in front of the spoiler. It's only very light so you have to really be looking for it but it's not very deep, although saying that it didn't polish out. I'm sure it wasn't always there, and it runs across the entire length of the boot which makes it look like someone did it on purpose.

My Range was keyed before i bought it, across all 4 panels on the passenger side. My brother was able to get rid of it completely with a rotary and some polishing compound. It wasnt too deep though, most of it you couldnt feel, with only a couple of small sections deep enough to feel with your nail.

Whaaaaaaaaat? They've not done the TUG as well have they?

Yes mate, passenger door, bonnet down to the kevlar and the CF back spoiler. They wont do it again. New bonnet arriving Saturday courtesy of Tarmac. The door is a mess but I will try to sort it before the weekend.

Sorry to hijack the thead Pete. :blush:

Whaaaaaaaaat? They've not done the TUG as well have they?

Yes mate, passenger door, bonnet down to the kevlar and the CF back spoiler. They wont do it again. New bonnet arriving Saturday courtesy of Tarmac. The door is a mess but I will try to sort it before the weekend.

Sorry to hijack the thead Pete. :blush:

Utter utter bastards. It's such a cowardly thing to do!

If you were a bit closer mate I'd pop round.

I had a huge x scratched in my brand new Alfa Breras drivers side door a week after I bought it in 09 and last September some idiot poured acid/paint stripper down the side of my daily driver (62 plate Astra gtc).

3BED0C0D-B509-4538-BBC8-34E966AC9591-936-00000101592EC7B3_zps3ccb473c.jpg

Some people can't cope with the fact that they have failed in life so abuse other peoples things.