350Z.........renault engine !

JEMAN

Now this has been said to me a couple of times, and then this week a guy at work said the Z is ok.....shame about the Renault engine ! What is it about the Z and Renault engine ? Anyone else had this ?

Now this has been said to me a couple of times, and then this week a guy at work said the Z is ok.....shame about the Renault engine ! What is it about the Z and Renault engine ? Anyone else had this ?

What does this guru of motor vehicles drive then? :dry:

• Like 2

So the Japanese, who build some of the best engines in the world, import a French engine, into a car marque that has been going for decades...yeah right.

Im pretty sure the current Nissan diesel engines had more to do with Renault that Nissan ......... so yeah, they are even doing it today.

This is quite aside from the fact that the F1 World Championship winning engine has been by Renault for the last 4 years and Citroen have won WRC for the 9 of the last 10 years ..... Id say Johnny Frog knows what hes doing ;)

Each manufacturer probably provides 10-15 different engine options throughout their range of models and there's probably a good 50 major manufacturers, so if no one swapped/shared their engines with other companies there would be 500-750 different engines in production today.

Everyone does this, even the elite like Ferrari who sell their engines to Maserati and god knows who else :)

It's like when I had a Toyota Soarer... People told me I had a nice Lexus Soarer. No, there's no such thing. If it's a Lexus it's an SCxxx (300, 400, 430), mine is not a Lexus! Log book was Toyota, badge was Toyota... There's lots of differences between the Toyota Soarer and Lexus SCxxx!

I sometimes get this too. Best way to shut people up is to ask them which engines were best in F1 around the time the 350z went on sale... and how many times Renault engined cars have won the F1 constructors championship... terrible idea having a Renault engine... :doh:

Lamborghini used to build tractors, doesn't mean I wouldn't own one.

Aston martin was started by 2 tractor engineers, hence the DB in DB7, 9 ETC stands for David Brown, definitely doesn't put me off them.

Lotus used the rover K series engine, them they used the Toyota 1ZZ and 2ZZ engines, both superb engines out of the mr2 and Celica.

The BMW mini engine is used in a whole host of cars. If its 1.6 and FI its most likely a BMW engine.

Aston martin are using a rebuilt Toyota IQ as the cygnet.

And to end my argument I have 2 words... Renault ...Alpine

As for the Nissan engine, as V6 goes I have to say its not the best in the world, there are more tuneful and better performing out there, but it does the job well in the zed.... and the vel satis ;)

Lamborghini used to build tractors, doesn't mean I wouldn't own one.

Aston martin was started by 2 tractor engineers, hence the DB in DB7, 9 ETC stands for David Brown, definitely doesn't put me off them.

Lotus used the rover K series engine, them they used the Toyota 1ZZ and 2ZZ engines, both superb engines out of the mr2 and Celica.

The BMW mini engine is used in a whole host of cars. If its 1.6 and FI its most likely a BMW engine.

Aston martin are using a rebuilt Toyota IQ as the cygnet.

And to end my argument I have 2 words... Renault ...Alpine

As for the Nissan engine, as V6 goes I have to say its not the best in the world, there are more tuneful and better performing out there, but it does the job well in the zed.... and the vel satis ;)

OK, I'll bite, which V6 engines are better performing? And of course FI doesn't count ;)

The closest I can think of would be the NSX 3.2 V6 VTEC, but it's still about 50 lb/ft torque down on a standard DE, albeit with 15 bhp more.