is it really a RENAULT engine!!!!!!

kevlo

Hi guys and girls sorry to be a trouble causer but i have heard on more than one occasion that despite Jeremy Clarksons big mouth its not actually a renault engine at all.

Please can someone back this up as i wouldnt buy a renault in a million years and would like to have some weight to my argument when i argue against people slagging off my french engine :)

obviously i love the Z no matter what but knowledge is power :)

If im correct nissan are owned by Renault. Difference is ours is built in japan not France. Build a Renault in japan and see how good it is. Ive heard very little complaints about renaults from ppl I know with megane sports and Clio sports.

Don't worry about it lads. It's all good even if it's a Renault v6 block

I work for Nissan, and can confirm it is an entirely Nissan designed, developed and manufactured engine. Because of the Renault alliance, they use it in a few of their larger cars, just as we use their diesels for some of our smaller cars, but the VQ35 in all it's guises is in absolutely no way a Renault engine. I'm just amazed how a few words from Jeremy Clarkson seems to overrule what used to be a very well known fact.

I work for Nissan, and can confirm it is an entirely Nissan designed, developed and manufactured engine. Because of the Renault alliance, they use it in a few of their larger cars, just as we use their diesels for some of our smaller cars, but the VQ35 in all it's guises is in absolutely no way a Renault engine. I'm just amazed how a few words from Jeremy Clarkson seems to overrule what used to be a very well known fact.

Absolutely one hundred percent CORRECT :sorry:

Even if it was a Renault engine - what about it. Renault have brought out some fine engines themselves and I seem to remember them winning an F1 championship or two with their own engines - surely thats as good if not better pedigree than Nissan?

:lol: I heard the heater button for the seat is made in TAIWAN! :scare:

I don't care really I'm amazed the ammount of guys running 400 odd whp on standard internals and the engine still holds up!

thats because jeremy clarkson is to the automotive non informed, what "the sun" is to the regular non informed.

thats because jeremy clarkson is to the automotive non informed, what "the sun" is to the regular non informed.

So true :lol:

I teach motor engineering and the number of times I hear 'but I heard on Top Gear', I then have to explain to them that top gear is the automotive equivalent of a lads mag and contains very little in the way of accurate facts.

:scare: No way!

:lol:

Top gear is so informed that they don't even use units...... It has 500 torques..... As an Engineer this drives me nuts. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah its retarded, especially when considering torque is measured in so many ways on a car, normally newton meters or lb/ft but you even see it in kg/m and all sorts these days. The other one that annoys me is when journos or yanks describe torque in 'foot pounds' what the hell is that? How many feet you can get in a pound? :bang:

Top gear is so informed that they don't even use units...... It has 500 torques..... As an Engineer this drives me nuts. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah its retarded, especially when considering torque is measured in so many ways on a car, normally newton meters or lb/ft but you even see it in kg/m and all sorts these days. The other one that annoys me is when journos or yanks describe torque in 'foot pounds' what the hell is that? How many feet you can get in a pound? :bang:

Answer here:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_feet_are_in_a_pound

:yahoo::lol::lol::lol::lol: