World Cup chat

LRF4N

Poor tonight, again Jags and Cahill look the weak link in the team. None of the subs made any impact again. Johnson probably our most potent player going forwards. Forget about mathematics, we are out.

Need to catch my breath after that!

That was a great game in the making- 2 capable teams both desperate for a win. Really enjoyed watching that, not cos England are going home. Actually felt sorry for you guys cos Suarez was offside for the second one

I was disappointed with sturridge. Went down to easily on a few occasions looking for the foul. But had he stayed on his feet there could've been a goal. And if he could see a pass quicker I think you could've been celebrating tonight

I thought Cahill made some excellent defensive blocks.

Enough about individuals, utter, utter dross! Cant beat a nation of 3.5 million.

We need a manager who can think on his feet and play a team on their merits and how they set up and not be scared to make changes or leave under achievers on the bench!

Gerrard flicked on the header for Suarez so wasn't offside. But its that back two, they have looked shaky all through qualifying, for three of four goals at the WC badly at fault just drifting off and not paying attention to the strikers they are meant to be marking. They look totally out of their depth.

I think the buzz from the media for Barkley got to Hodgson, brought him on twice and neither time looked capable, both times over playing or giving the ball away. Looking at the way we played, I think the player up top should be Rooney and the player behind Sturridge...

Enough about individuals, utter, utter dross! Cant beat a nation of 3.5 million.

We need a manager who can think on his feet and play a team on their merits and how they set up and not be scared to make changes or leave under achievers on the bench!

not sure are first game we played well but Italy played a bit better this game we played @*!# we were awake and on pace for what 5 minutes on total all game

Need to catch my breath after that!

That was a great game in the making- 2 capable teams both desperate for a win. Really enjoyed watching that, not cos England are going home. Actually felt sorry for you guys cos Suarez was offside for the second one

I was disappointed with sturridge. Went down to easily on a few occasions looking for the foul. But had he stayed on his feet there could've been a goal. And if he could see a pass quicker I think you could've been celebrating tonight

If it came off Gerrards head its not offside.

Sturridge made the goal with Johnson.

What bothers me is not the fact we've lost two games on the bounce. Nor that our team is desperately lacking something. Nor even that some of the players look lost out there.

No, it's that nothing will change. We'll all go home, Woy will keep his job, he'll carry on picking the same players in the same system as we stumble through to Euro 2016, where we'll fall woefully short again. Someone at the FA needs to have the balls to get this mediocre shambles sorted: Bin off the manager who has no exciting bones in his body, bin off the players who are too old or who simply don't perform in an England shirt (Gerrard, Lamps, Rooney, Johnson) and bring in the youngsters NOW. Let's have a crap Euro 2016, but let's get the players in for the future. Did Germany no harm at all. Let's sort out the youth system, let's make the big teams play their reserve teams in the lower leagues so long as they play X% of English players in there, let's do something PRO-ACTIVE to stop the rot.

Let's not just bumble along any more. Even if the 'new ideas' don't work, at least we bloody well tried.

If we're going to stick with Rooney, then let's at least play him wherever he wants. If that gets the best out of him, then that's fine. Let's not just stick with him and play him anywhere because he's a bit of a tryer, bless him.

• Like 3

not sure are first game we played well but Italy played a bit better this game we played @*!# we were awake and on pace for what 5 minutes on total all game

No prises for playing well, only winning, if we couldnt beat italy with that team and set up, something needed to change!

Unfortunately mate this was exactly what was said after the last Euros. Bin off the old and have a crap 2014 WC. Which we are. We got young players in there but you can't compare to Germany, 8 or 9 of those players playing now all played together in the U-19s, U-21s etc, our young players are coming through in fits and starts, it showed tonight when they were not playing as a team and giving the ball away too much.