World Cup chat

LRF4N

I think its been said elsewhere but imho England could have the players to be a competitive side, but only if they play as a team, too many pre madonnas who want individual glory.

I also dont think they have that one special talent who can regularly turn a game, particularly when it comes to scoring goals.

Wellbeck, really, thats the best we have to offer!!

Need to drop Rooney and start barkley instead

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I agree, roughly a goal every 2 games is not good enough. I just dont get the hype surrounding Rooney being crucial to our campaigns!

Edited by Jetpilot

I agree, roughly a goal every 2 games is not good enough. I just dont get the hype surrounding Rooney being crucial to our campaigns!

Hopefully he will play ox, sturridge, barkley and sterling vs Uruguay as their defence is very slow. They won't be able to handle the pace.

Some of the highest paid 'sports' stars in England and they can't run around in the heat for 2hrs :shrug:

Didn't see all the Italians falling about with cramp etc

To be fair there wasn't much in it, Pirlo was pure class and ran the game

Good summary. We just don't have anyone with the same class as Pirlo sorry to say.

Pete

Some of the highest paid 'sports' stars in England and they can't run around in the heat for 2hrs :shrug:

Good summary. We just don't have anyone with the same class as Pirlo sorry to say.

Pete

No Pete, closest comparison maybe Carrick?

Gerrard should have been that player for us but he seems well past his best unfortunately...

Everyone is an expert, Berkley hardly set the world alight.

Rooney put the ball onto Sturridge's foot for our goal, although he missed a sitter he was in the position to miss it, just don't agree with finding a scapegoat, we played really well just not good enough

Rooney put the ball onto Sturridge's foot for our goal, although he missed a sitter he was in the position to miss it, just don't agree with finding a scapegoat, we played really well just not good enough

Yes Rooney got an assist but that hardly makes up for the rest of his performance. Looked like he couldn't be arsed and barkley made an impact when he came on. It was probably the best England have played recently

Pete

Gerrard should have been that player for us but he seems well past his best unfortunately...

Gerrard, 3 or 4 years past his best I'd say, plays too deep nowadays to have the impact he had then. Carrick impressed me when he came on as sub against Liverpool, worth giving him a game I reckon.

Pete

Pete

Gerrard, 3 or 4 years past his best I'd say, plays too deep nowadays to have the impact he had then. Carrick impressed me when he came on as sub against Liverpool, worth giving him a game I reckon.

Pete

I agree Pete, although Carrick isn't in the squad more is the pity :doh:

Yes Rooney got an assist but that hardly makes up for the rest of his performance. Looked like he couldn't be arsed and barkley made an impact when he came on. It was probably the best England have played recently

I was watching it with an Everton fan who was screaming for Barkley to come on and even he admitted he made f all difference, so not sure what 'impact' you saw? None of the 3 subs made any kind of impact or influenced the game whatsoever imo

I was watching it with an Everton fan who was screaming for Barkley to come on and even he admitted he made f all difference, so not sure what 'impact' you saw? None of the 3 subs made any kind of impact or influenced the game whatsoever imo

I thought he looked strong when he came on. I think he should start vs Uruguay in Rooneys position.

I thought he looked strong when he came on. I think he should start vs Uruguay in Rooneys position.

I thought we played well, decent positive approach and the only thing we lack is composure in the final third. Top teams are totally comfortable stroking round in and around the oppo penalty area, before picking out a killer ball, we don't seem to be able to do this for some reason.

I agree Pete, although Carrick isn't in the squad more is the pity :doh:

Well, that just about sums up my interest in football these days. Years ago I'd have known the squad inside out and not just the England squad either and I'd have watched every single game...so far I've seen just 3.

Pete

Well everyone can see things different, doesn't make it wrong or right. Also hard when watching on telly to see the running off the ball etc anyway.

I saw nothing in any of the subs to say they deserved to start.

I wiuld be tempted to swap Baines for Shaw maybe

Sent from the golf club...

Paul Pogba of France should have been sent off. Can't be kicking out at a player..

He was lucky but he got kicked 3/4 times when on the ground, not that it makes it ok :lol:

Anyway Palacios was obviously told to kick Pogba off the pitch and got a red card, never was an intelligent player...

Sent from the golf club...

So bring in Barkley for Rooney in 'his position' - what left midfield? Rooney has been played out in a position he nearly quite Utd for being played there. He just isn't that type of player, the problem is that Rooney is still quality but Sterling just has the impetus at the moment with them both vying for the role behind the main striker.

Didn't think any of the subs made an impact either.

I think Barkley is quality, but Roy made the very valid point that for every good pass he makes a bad one, you can't have a pass completion of 50% to play midfield in international football.