Getting away with MURDER!!!!

zebedy

Not sure if this is the right place to start this thread, so Mods...feel free to move it.

Just wondered are you like me?????........

How many of you hide your purcheses for your car, from your wives, girl friends, Spouses. What the largest and most expensive item youve got away with and have you ever been caught.?? :dry: :dry: :surrender: :surrender: B)

Mine to date was a 2 DIN DVD SAT NAV System worth 300 quid :teeth:B) I said it was second hand off a guy in work and paid only £30.00 as he wasnt shure it was working lol

!!!!! BEFORE ANSWERING, MAKE DAMN SURE THE OTHER HALVES DONT FREQUENT THIS SITE !!!!!!!

Disclaimer:- Im in no way held responsible for future divorce proceedings nor the vandalised damage to your beloved Zed!!!!

Zeb

• Like 1

My other half knows I have £1200 of carbon parts laying about still to go on the car when I can be bothered, she also knows about the other £4-5k i've spent on it, doesn't care :yahoo:

Well thank you for starting a thread to make me depressed!

What I would give to have someone so I could hide my expenses from :lol:

Ahhh bless

:console:

Mine does the accounts - not that she minds what I buy if its affordable :)

• Like 1

Well thank you for starting a thread to make me depressed!

What I would give to have someone so I could hide my expenses from :lol:

7892b482c981d986ee3e4584802be51f052d8bfe460d903e42c5fb948e16287d.jpg

but i feel your pain :( but dont worry

wale.jpg

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Okay in relation to what I've told her v what I've spent, she only knows of around 30% of the total expenditure. Her perception is that I've spent around £4,500

I'm working on the plan to install said engine for a whopping £1,000 (My heavily reduced value)

D20C0F3D-1AD9-464A-B1C9-1F2BB57BF766_zpsojsql8cj.png

Little does she know that its total cost will be well beyond that figure.

I'm calling it protection against her wasteful spending on clothes :lol:

She doesn't understand my passion or insanity, its Zeditus, we can't help it.

• Like 3

Booked a week away for this years Singapore GP

Understand the usual cure for most issues like this is "Here Honey, have some wine "

:lol: been hiding my S/C build for last couple of months, been caught out twice with bits but so far so good.

She knows about main bulk of S/C but not the ancillaries

Im sometimes quite good at finding bargains so if caught will show her what full price is and what I paid and usually get let off!

Only problem now is I have around £1000 worth of parts turning up and I work long days into early evening so some strategic delivery is in order :ninja:

• Like 1

Well my mrs normally finds out about what I have purchased and in most cases says what are you getting next for the car! She says it's your money and you can do what you like with it :)

• Like 1

Funny thing is, I took my other half to the Port Solent meet a fair few years ago where I met Keyser and Buster. I'd just finished a huge amount of mods with a lot of expenditure, exhaust, NOS, Plenum Spacer, Uprev etc. Spent a fortune!! Whilst eating lunch I'm sure it was Bob, he said "So Wasso, all these recent mods must have cost about £7k" (Mrs right next to me) "Nah, Nah was only about £2k Bob" Mrs didn't clock Bob looking at me as if I'd just jumped off the Banana Boat!! Bob said "no way mate must have cost way loads more than THAT!" - "Nah Bob got a deal didn't I!" ;) ;)

Bob didn't look convinced, but my other half was pleased on hearing I got a "deal". All mods therefore accepted at that point.

How the V8 story will go I don't know. If I'm not around on the forum for a while, take it that my Mrs knows the real cost and I've been castrated or something!!

:lol:

I have not purchased a lot for mine just a few things I got of Keyser, all of which my mrs thinks cost sod all, She even thinks some of it were birthday gifts from Chris and Bob, how generous they are !

We are generous!!

BTW can't wait to meet your good lady :stir::p

:lol: