This should be interesting.

martinmac

Its all gone quiet for us on the new Forth Road Bridge project at the moment but we have another little job which should be interesing so I thought I would share.

On the right is a photoshop of the last " biggest ship in the royal navy", the Illustrious class carrier. On the left is the HMS Queen ELizabeth which we have to get out of the dock. Only four inches clearance each side and a massive overhang.

post-8897-0-11140900-1401224030_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Love a carrier, saw a little old 'un in San Diego (Midway?) and had so much fun looking round it and meeting the old timers who used to drive it (stop me if I get too nautical :lol: ) What an awesome project to be working on.

PS I'd suggest gettting one of those ebay special reverse cams to start with ;)

I will try to get some pics when we do the job. Ironically my late father was pilot for the launch of the Invincible at Barrow. When bringing it into the dock a tugs line parted and she hit the quay damaging the bow. Its one of the few times the papers didnt announce the successful launch by Commander ****** RN and had his name down.

• Like 1

Love a carrier, saw a little old 'un in San Diego (Midway?) and had so much fun looking round it and meeting the old timers who used to drive it (stop me if I get too nautical :lol: ) What an awesome project to be working on.

PS I'd suggest gettting one of those ebay special reverse cams to start with ;)

:lol:

• 1 month later...

So size does matter. i wonder if Alex sammond will claim it as tha entire Scotish Navy, if he wins the independance vote. :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's policy for Nessie to deployed into maritime combat, should the lunatics win the vote :lol:

• Like 1