Andy James 2014 sprint/hill climb season video/photos

Hi Guys.

I have a fairly busy calendar this year so i thought i might post a few pictures and a short in car video clip from each

event throughout the coming months.

The first outing was last weekend at the Clay Pidgeon Raceway last sunday which is a well known Go Cart circuit near Dorchester.

I know it might sound daft racing a car round such a small track(only snatch 3rd gear briefly for a few seconds) but as you can

see from the video its one hell of a lot of fun!

Got second place in road going class.

e418c5480f630c2c9046c51ea41a4a93_zpsebeb7ac6.jpg

59f2faa586a6dfe7875e74f3c4c70188_zpsad57783f.jpg

f217e2767cb6de31b7af0bace2d0ec82_zps9b718e6c.jpg

0783f0eb70b7345be5ed879a2cddb277_zpsa28cce45.jpg

8b849b9bc9a38e682b9e03cb2c7c13e7_zps688e95eb.jpg

3bc2c5244cfb64d2182e72a79b6aeff2_zps5316bf7e.jpg

th_claypigeon1_zpsd36b3700.jpg

• Like 3

Quality, that looks like great fun! Is it expensive for the season?

+1 ....and can anyone have a go or do you need a special licence + roll cage/fire extinguishers etc??

Your car was definitely the nicest looking road car there then from the pictures btw. B);)

Quality, that looks like great fun! Is it expensive for the season?

+1 ....and can anyone have a go or do you need a special licence + roll cage/fire extinguishers etc??

Your car was definitely the nicest looking road car there then from the pictures btw. B);)

Thanks chaps.

No its not that expensive for the events(£75 to £100) per event,but you do need a National B speed licence from the MSA and join a club like the BARC

which will cost around £150 per year.I have a A licence which you can upgrade to after competing in 4 events which will allow you to enter some of bigger events

such as Prescott,Brighton Speed Trials etc.

In road going classes all you need is a helmet,suit,gloves(boots optional),race numbers,yellow tape on the negative battery terminal,a sticker on your ignition switch

which says "turn off" and a timing strut which is fixed to the front of your car to break the timing beam at the start and finish line.

Modification wise you cannot change change the silhouette of the car so no BGWings and body kits.no slick tyres and you cannot strip the car out of all the interior.

Also the car must have tax.mot and insurance.

• Like 1

nice vid mate, looks weird watching you go round the circuit the wrong way, never seen footage coming out of Billys ( last corner in vid ) before, started my racing/motorsport carer in 1978 at Clay, good little Kart circuit.

Well done mate, you'll have to let us know your event dates, if they don't clash with mine, will come along to cheer you, or take the mikey, not sure yet.

Looks like an awesome day out! A mate of mine was talking to you at the event.mhe came init work saying how he was talking to a guy with a turbo'd Z......hehe.

The last corner exit must have seen a bit more rubber on the track ;):lol: Looks good fun though :thumbs:

Yes, i kind of finished the run sideways! A certain part of my anatomy was clenched :scare:

Your teeth?.....

nice vid mate, looks weird watching you go round the circuit the wrong way, never seen footage coming out of Billys ( last corner in vid ) before, started my racing/motorsport carer in 1978 at Clay, good little Kart circuit.

Well done mate, you'll have to let us know your event dates, if they don't clash with mine, will come along to cheer you, or take the mikey, not sure yet.

Good spot buddy!

Yes we go round the wrong way in cars!

• Like 1

B):thumbs:

Let us know when/if you go to Shelsley Walsh. We'll see if we can get some of the West Mids guys there to give you some Zed support. I know MopedMark was thinking of a trip to Shelsley, so it would be good to combine the two if poss :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Entry confirmed for the speed event at gurston down near Salisbury on sat 21st June.

If anyone is interested in a great day out watching anything from a mini to a 70s dfv ex F1 car blasting

up a private road then come along.

Entry is £10 but I get two free tickets which a can give to anyone who is interested.

Let me know and will post them to you next week.

I will post pictures and video footage of the day.

Andy

Went to Charmouth yesterday as this year I decided I would try to go to as many different venues as possible.

Very short track of only 700 mtrs which was very bumpy and twisty which I found out on my first run where I span off into the infield!

Well suited to short wheel base/low geared cars such as Caterhams or minis,but still had great fun even though I didnt get out of second gear.

I have a video which for some reason is without sound which I will post when bloody moviemaker decides to work! Lol

The photo of the beautiful mk 2 cortina makes you realise how big wheels on cars have got over time!

41b5c8724ead7ae0198d9ab759ae2f3a_zps01cb81bd.jpg

5a97dee57578a24d28024281598ed756_zpsf92d01c1.jpg

5ccc3c50749db4446d3de7dedd674310_zps40686216.jpg

3d4fdf20d1ff824d285abd315cd23eda_zpscb912935.jpg

Entry confirmed for the speed event at gurston down near Salisbury on sat 21st June.

If anyone is interested in a great day out watching anything from a mini to a 70s dfv ex F1 car blasting

Entry is £10 but I get two free tickets which a can give to anyone who is interested.

Andy

Rich (Choptop) and I will be at gurston to cheer you on.

Anyone else going?

Andy

Rich (Choptop) and I will be at gurston to cheer you on.

Anyone else going?