Nice bit of Parking..!!

WhackyWill

£80,000 Range Rover gets wedged after skidding off road

Here's one off-road challenge that proved too much for a brand new £80,000 Range Rover.

The luxury 4x4 - with less than 500 miles on the clock - was written off when it left the road and became wedged on its side between a wall and a basement.

article_img.jpg

Incredibly, witnesses said the driver and three female passengers escaped unscathed from the crash near Oxford Street in central London.

The Range Rover Sport left the road and smashed through metal railings before becoming stuck at the bottom of a 14-foot drop.

article_img.jpg

The car was eventually pulled out a few hours later. But the roof was wrecked and the car appeared to be destined for the scrap yard.

article_img.jpg

I noticed the railing was smashed and there were some skid marks on the pavement, so I went over for a look. I couldn't believe it when I saw this posh car stuck at the bottom. That would either take a lot of skill or bad luck to land a huge car down there.

I spoke to one of the neighbours who said the car had four girls in it and they were all right, which in itself is a miracle. I've never seen anything like that before. Wow.

article_img.jpg

One side was completely crumpled. Someone told me there were four people in it, who weren't hurt.

They're so lucky to be alive - I suppose it just goes to show how tough those vehicles are. I don't think they're designed for that type of off-roading though.

article_img.jpg

The Metropolitan Police said the incident was not a police matter and they would not be investigating. :scare: :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill

How is that not a Police matter?!! :surrender: :surrender:

I mean surely that should be a "careless" or even "dangerous" driving charge? ...and what if there had been people walking on the pavement at the time? would have killed or seriously injured them especially if the Range Rover fell on top of them. :scare: Can't believe the sh*t some people get away with. :angry:

• Like 3

There is a camera on the wall staring straight at it - thats not an accident its an elfin tit driving like a prick and making a ruddy fool of themselves, just lucky they didn't wipe a load of people out in the process, should be banned from the road for 10 years in my opinion.

• Like 4

Its seems more and more now that the Police leave accidents not involving injury up to insurance companies, could the driver not have been drunk or unfit to drive?

...and surely there was some speed involved for it to leave the road like that in the first place and demolish the railings? :dry:

Beggars belief.

• Like 1

Its seems more and more now that the Police leave accidents not involving injury up to insurance companies, could the driver not have been drunk or unfit to drive?

...and surely there was some speed involved for it to leave the road like that in the first place and demolish the railings? :dry:

Beggars belief.

God forbid you do 44 on a 40 dual carriageway though then they throw the book at you, points, fines the lot. Because that is so much more dangerous.

• Like 1

Beggars belief.

God forbid you do 44 on a 40 dual carriageway though then they throw the book at you, points, fines the lot. Because that is so much more dangerous.

Deserted dual carriageway at 3am

Madness that they can let that go, probably not cost effective to prosecute without any evidence and to gather any would take up too many resources - like looking at the CCTV footage :(

Edited by GIXXERUK

Imagine being the house owner. I know buildings are strong but that 'clout' wouldn't have done it any good.

Have to say the safety of these cars are brilliant. The driver and passengers walked away unhurt. I wonder if they would have faired as well in a small city car? Now you know why they drive 4x4's in towns! Lol!

What a clever bit of parallel parking. :wacko:

Imagine being the house owner. I know buildings are strong but that 'clout' wouldn't have done it any good.

It's probably just as well those building are old and very solid, otherwise someone would have had a RR in their lounge or bedroom. :headhurt:

The tyre skid across the pavement intrigues me given the anti lock and given the speed limit must be no more than 30and cctv it does seem strange if the police decided not to check out evidence of careless/dangerous driving - I suppose because no one was hurt, yet the building owner has to put up with all the hassle of getting their property back to how it was :dry:

Beggars belief.

Deserted dual carriageway at 3am

Madness that they can let that go, probably not cost effective to prosecute without any evidence and to gather any would take up too many resources - like looking at the CCTV footage :(

do I spot a touch of sarcasm there ? :lol: