Annoying comments about my Zed....

Kraziekatz1

I never get this , people always think it's a very posh car and I have to tell them it's 11 years old ! Also people I know always tell me when they have spotted a car the same as mine. (I've got them all well trained) :)

Weird isn't it? In the work car park I get comments like, "How much of a wedge must you be on?" from people driving 2 year old, 5 series Beamers :surrender:

Pop 2 seats out and people think you're a millionaire.

• Like 4

Yep, why worry. If anyone asks me i just say i`ve got a nissan and smile to myself.....less is more as they say

I have told my mates I am getting a Nissan run about, so they are not expecting much. :)

Would love to see their faces when you rock up in the new Zed. :lol::D

Did a similar thing with one of my mates who I hadn't seen for a while who didn't know I'd bought a Zed last year. His face was priceless especially as I'd just had my Invidia Gemini exhaust & Berks HFC's fitted so the V6 sounded incredible. B)

• Like 1

Haha i was in eurocarpart when a couple of spannermonkeys came in and was like thats a 350z out there... I was like no mate its a Skyline, Then he was like i know my cars mate im a mechanic.. I was like mate I drive the bloody car! Then to top it all off the guy at the counter came back saying there you go a oil filter for 05 350z. I couldnt be assed explaining and left in a cream puff lol. But thinking back it was kind of funny :lol:

• Like 1

Haha i was in eurocarpart when a couple of spannermonkeys came in and was like thats a 350z out there... I was like no mate its a Skyline, Then he was like i know my cars mate im a mechanic.. I was like mate I drive the bloody car! Then to top it all off the guy at the counter came back saying there you go a oil filter for 05 350z. I couldnt be assed explaining and left in a cream puff lol. But thinking back it was kind of funny :lol:

I think you should check your V5 :lol:

I think you should check your V5 :lol:

Think il start bringing it with me! But fairplay the front end does look zedish! ;)

So, today somebody likened my beautiful azure 350 to a, wait for it.........squashed, modern day VW Beetle. Well, you can just imagine the look on my face :rant: To make matters worse I was once asked after seeing a photo of my car on FB, if it was a Vauxhall. I mean, what is wrong with some people?

Wha huh? I would have just asked,.. may we see your lovely "ride" ?

I see some people who don't care to BUY a Zed.. but Zed's are some of the best looking sports cars on the planet.. For me,.. the 300ZX, 350Z, and 370Z all rank up there with timeless designs.

What is wrong with people? They deserved a smack in the head .. maybe it would help knock some 'taste' in their mind/eyes.. :)

• Like 1

Yep, why worry. If anyone asks me i just say i`ve got a nissan and smile to myself.....less is more as they say

I have told my mates I am getting a Nissan run about, so they are not expecting much. :)

Would love to see their faces when you rock up in the new Zed. :lol::D

Did a similar thing with one of my mates who I hadn't seen for a while who didn't know I'd bought a Zed last year. His face was priceless especially as I'd just had my Invidia Gemini exhaust & Berks HFC's fitted so the V6 sounded incredible. B)

I have this moment coming for almost all my good friends.. I've been too busy working on the Zed the last few months since I bought it to even go show it off to my mates much lol..

So I'm going to love the looks on their faces when I go over and we end up coming out to go out,.. and there's this ...

13320874664_7ab80f82de.jpg

:D

Then we get in and I have my ridiculous sound system (that you have no idea is there until a song starts lol).. And then I start it up and VROOOM... with the Invidia Duals and Berk HFC's :D

Yes, I'm a proud daddy.. lol.. but I mentioned I grabbed a Nissan to get something with more room when I spoke to them lol..

• Like 2

I never get this , people always think it's a very posh car and I have to tell them it's 11 years old ! Also people I know always tell me when they have spotted a car the same as mine. (I've got them all well trained) :)

Weird isn't it? In the work car park I get comments like, "How much of a wedge must you be on?" from people driving 2 year old, 5 series Beamers :surrender:

When I first got my zed I was filling up in my local garage, the staff generally recognise you and the woman on the till said, when did you win the lottery, I asked her what she meant as i genuinely thought wtf is she on about, she pointed to the zed and this a garage 4 miles away from one of most expensive places to live in the uk where super and hyper cars are seen on a daily basis!

went to get fuel yesterday and the woman went is that a porsche and i just said the same no its a nissan :)

I was parked up many years ago in my P reg Elise S1 waiting to pick my son up from school. A lady in a brand new Seat Leon pulled up next to me and said wow, is that a Porsche? I said no, a Lotus. She then said I must be really rich and it must be really expensive. I then proceeded to tell her that it probably cost half of what her new Leon cost. She didn't believe me so I told her it cost me £7k and she was totally go smacked. Still not sure she believed me but funny how peoples perceptions are on cars.

• Like 2

Yes I have had similar experiences with total strangers feeling moved to comment on how much they like my car. The Zed punches well above it's weight (cost) in terms of looks and performance. They tend to get looked after too so a 10 year old car can look brand new.

I hooked up with an ex-colleague a year ago before I got my Zed and we got onto the subject of cars. I said I was planning to buy a Zed and showed him a picture of an orange one with the alezan seats (which I eventually got) and he immediately blurted out, "F***ing hell! How much do you earn?!" to which I responded that you could get a decent 10 year old example for around £7k.

He then looked crestfallen and admitted to me that he had recently bought a brand new Renault Clio for £10k.

On hearing that I laughed so hard I nearly wet myself!

• Like 5

The only bad comment I've received so far is that it's apparently a 'hairdressers car'. Apart from that it's been all good :)

I had a few comments like that from work mates before they actually saw the car and then when they did they suddenly changed their tune. :wacko::lol:

To me a hairdressers car has always been something convertible with not much go. Like a KA convertible, MX5 or Porsche Boxster?! Basically cars which are convertible and don't have enough power to make them true performance cars.

Although in saying that the MX5 isn't a bad car nor the Porsche. :dry::surrender:

Interesting topic.

To me, the Zed has always been one of the FEW sports cars (that is within reach of purchasing for the average person),.. that still exists and is designed proper (looks wise) -- AND has the engine/suspension to back it up.

It's bar none the best all around sports car for the money without a doubt right now and frankly for the last 11 years. (Counting the 370..)..

I got mine for $17,500,.. but it had 26k Miles,.. so I got a steal but it wasn't a DIRT cheap car which can be had with the Zed now that their are such old models (11 yrs for example).. which can be had from anywhere from 1k - 10k,.. obviously the lower you go the higher miles, lower year, and more beat up it is.. and higher you go (generally) in purchase price the lower miles, newer, and better condition.

But, even if you consider brand new 35-40k it's still the best value out there. Where else can you get 300+ HP, with the looks bordering on supercar (definitely as good looking as many porches, better than Corvettes imho,.. and better than many more expensive cars.).. Handling with 4 wheel independent multilink+multilink Over .9G's in Lateral ,.. Sits STOCK on 18" wheels with 225/45 front and 245/45 rear, 71+ mph in 700ft slalom, Beefy Brakes, Stock 0-60 in 5 Seconds, 6 Speed trans, and a Top speed of 170mph (and higher with a few mods and tune)..

That doesn't even consider it's looks, it's rather "large" interior that Nissan wisely didn't do a 2+2 with rear seats giving the front two driver/pass a TON of room, Dedicated gauge pods over Headunit area,.. RPM gauge is your main gauge,.. and the list just goes on.

To be 100% honest , there isn't another Car I would buy over this '08 350 Zed I have under about 80-100k.. Nothing appeals more to me. But, that's me! :D

In the 90's we had a great deal of sportscars.. from the 300ZedX, Stealth, 3000GT, MR2, Supra, Eclipse (hey they weren't bad looking then), NSX (pricey.. but still proves the point), and more.. Then the 00's+ hit... and Sportscars under 50k just aren't very widespread, and in general cars in general are MOSTLY ugly.. bubble designs, etc. So, again, The Zed is one of the few remaining Beautiful Cars on the road.. and thank god for that eh?

I mean look at it.. everyone can't keep their hands off them :teeth:

zed_girl.jpg

I got that the from someone the first time I parked my 10 year old, classic shape Impreza in the works car park. It was worth about £4.60 then! You should have seen his expression the day I pulled up in the Z. :lol:

This, incidentally, was a guy who's never owned a car more than 3 years old, and at the time was driving a brand new Audi A8. :wacko:

Interesting topic.

To me, the Zed has always been one of the FEW sports cars (that is within reach of purchasing for the average person),.. that still exists and is designed proper (looks wise) -- AND has the engine/suspension to back it up.

It's bar none the best all around sports car for the money without a doubt right now and frankly for the last 11 years. (Counting the 370..)..

I got mine for $17,500,.. but it had 26k Miles,.. so I got a steal but it wasn't a DIRT cheap car which can be had with the Zed now that their are such old models (11 yrs for example).. which can be had from anywhere from 1k - 10k,.. obviously the lower you go the higher miles, lower year, and more beat up it is.. and higher you go (generally) in purchase price the lower miles, newer, and better condition.

But, even if you consider brand new 35-40k it's still the best value out there. Where else can you get 300+ HP, with the looks bordering on supercar (definitely as good looking as many porches, better than Corvettes imho,.. and better than many more expensive cars.).. Handling with 4 wheel independent multilink+multilink Over .9G's in Lateral ,.. Sits STOCK on 18" wheels with 225/45 front and 245/45 rear, 71+ mph in 700ft slalom, Beefy Brakes, Stock 0-60 in 5 Seconds, 6 Speed trans, and a Top speed of 170mph (and higher with a few mods and tune)..

That doesn't even consider it's looks, it's rather "large" interior that Nissan wisely didn't do a 2+2 with rear seats giving the front two driver/pass a TON of room, Dedicated gauge pods over Headunit area,.. RPM gauge is your main gauge,.. and the list just goes on.

To be 100% honest , there isn't another Car I would buy over this '08 350 Zed I have under about 80-100k.. Nothing appeals more to me. But, that's me! :D

In the 90's we had a great deal of sportscars.. from the 300ZedX, Stealth, 3000GT, MR2, Supra, Eclipse (hey they weren't bad looking then), NSX (pricey.. but still proves the point), and more.. Then the 00's+ hit... and Sportscars under 50k just aren't very widespread, and in general cars in general are MOSTLY ugly.. bubble designs, etc. So, again, The Zed is one of the few remaining Beautiful Cars on the road.. and thank god for that eh?

I mean look at it.. everyone can't keep their hands off them :teeth:

zed_girl.jpg

One for the 2015 Calendar .. :thumbs:

• Like 1