Annoying comments about my Zed....

Kraziekatz1

Interesting topic.

To me, the Zed has always been one of the FEW sports cars (that is within reach of purchasing for the average person),.. that still exists and is designed proper (looks wise) -- AND has the engine/suspension to back it up.

It's bar none the best all around sports car for the money without a doubt right now and frankly for the last 11 years. (Counting the 370..)..

I got mine for $17,500,.. but it had 26k Miles,.. so I got a steal but it wasn't a DIRT cheap car which can be had with the Zed now that their are such old models (11 yrs for example).. which can be had from anywhere from 1k - 10k,.. obviously the lower you go the higher miles, lower year, and more beat up it is.. and higher you go (generally) in purchase price the lower miles, newer, and better condition.

But, even if you consider brand new 35-40k it's still the best value out there. Where else can you get 300+ HP, with the looks bordering on supercar (definitely as good looking as many porches, better than Corvettes imho,.. and better than many more expensive cars.).. Handling with 4 wheel independent multilink+multilink Over .9G's in Lateral ,.. Sits STOCK on 18" wheels with 225/45 front and 245/45 rear, 71+ mph in 700ft slalom, Beefy Brakes, Stock 0-60 in 5 Seconds, 6 Speed trans, and a Top speed of 170mph (and higher with a few mods and tune)..

That doesn't even consider it's looks, it's rather "large" interior that Nissan wisely didn't do a 2+2 with rear seats giving the front two driver/pass a TON of room, Dedicated gauge pods over Headunit area,.. RPM gauge is your main gauge,.. and the list just goes on.

To be 100% honest , there isn't another Car I would buy over this '08 350 Zed I have under about 80-100k.. Nothing appeals more to me. But, that's me! :D

In the 90's we had a great deal of sportscars.. from the 300ZedX, Stealth, 3000GT, MR2, Supra, Eclipse (hey they weren't bad looking then), NSX (pricey.. but still proves the point), and more.. Then the 00's+ hit... and Sportscars under 50k just aren't very widespread, and in general cars in general are MOSTLY ugly.. bubble designs, etc. So, again, The Zed is one of the few remaining Beautiful Cars on the road.. and thank god for that eh?

I mean look at it.. everyone can't keep their hands off them :teeth:

zed_girl.jpg

I wish my mum wouldn't keep climbing over my car, it's getting very embarrassing, especially when I pop to Sainsburys for some milk :)

• Like 2

Interesting topic.

To me, the Zed has always been one of the FEW sports cars (that is within reach of purchasing for the average person),.. that still exists and is designed proper (looks wise) -- AND has the engine/suspension to back it up.

It's bar none the best all around sports car for the money without a doubt right now and frankly for the last 11 years. (Counting the 370..)..

I got mine for $17,500,.. but it had 26k Miles,.. so I got a steal but it wasn't a DIRT cheap car which can be had with the Zed now that their are such old models (11 yrs for example).. which can be had from anywhere from 1k - 10k,.. obviously the lower you go the higher miles, lower year, and more beat up it is.. and higher you go (generally) in purchase price the lower miles, newer, and better condition.

But, even if you consider brand new 35-40k it's still the best value out there. Where else can you get 300+ HP, with the looks bordering on supercar (definitely as good looking as many porches, better than Corvettes imho,.. and better than many more expensive cars.).. Handling with 4 wheel independent multilink+multilink Over .9G's in Lateral ,.. Sits STOCK on 18" wheels with 225/45 front and 245/45 rear, 71+ mph in 700ft slalom, Beefy Brakes, Stock 0-60 in 5 Seconds, 6 Speed trans, and a Top speed of 170mph (and higher with a few mods and tune)..

That doesn't even consider it's looks, it's rather "large" interior that Nissan wisely didn't do a 2+2 with rear seats giving the front two driver/pass a TON of room, Dedicated gauge pods over Headunit area,.. RPM gauge is your main gauge,.. and the list just goes on.

To be 100% honest , there isn't another Car I would buy over this '08 350 Zed I have under about 80-100k.. Nothing appeals more to me. But, that's me! :D

In the 90's we had a great deal of sportscars.. from the 300ZedX, Stealth, 3000GT, MR2, Supra, Eclipse (hey they weren't bad looking then), NSX (pricey.. but still proves the point), and more.. Then the 00's+ hit... and Sportscars under 50k just aren't very widespread, and in general cars in general are MOSTLY ugly.. bubble designs, etc. So, again, The Zed is one of the few remaining Beautiful Cars on the road.. and thank god for that eh?

zed_girl.jpg

I wish my mum wouldn't keep climbing over my car, it's getting very embarrassing, especially when I pop to Sainsburys for some milk :)

I want to sh*g your Mam ;)

• Like 2

Interesting topic.

zed_girl.jpg

which sainsburys would this be ;)

• Like 2

Interesting topic.

zed_girl.jpg

Pretty sure it's not the one off J12.....would have noticed. I'm sure I've seen her down the 'wash n wax' on Oxford Road though B)

• Like 1

Interesting topic.

zed_girl.jpg

I'll start drawing up the contract tonight :)

Interesting topic.

zed_girl.jpg

Pretty sure it's not the one off J12.....would have noticed. I'm sure I've seen her down the 'wash n wax' on Oxford Road though B)

How weird is that, I was going to the Oxford Road tomorrow, I might need to take a detour to wash n wax. Hope it's warm enough for bikini weather :)

Interesting topic.

zed_girl.jpg

I'll start drawing up the contract tonight :)

No its ok. My services are free to forum members :)

• Like 1

lol you guys..

I had to make that picture "work safe" ;) -- She's not really wearing a top.. in case you just glanced at her ( :D) -- Her bikini top is a circle and some lines drawn in MS paint haha..

Linus's Mom's Got it Going on........ (To the tune of that one hit song "Stacey's Mom's got it going on..") --

If you missed it..

B)

Would rather have a Jag than a pokey BMW or Merc any day of the week. Have warned my mother that any money she leaves me will be blown on a quality motor. (Given that she has driven jalopies all her life, she's not terribly impressed!) :D

• Like 1

Would rather have a Jag than a pokey BMW or Merc any day of the week. Have warned my mother that any money she leaves me will be blown on a quality motor. (Given that she has driven jalopies all her life, she's not terribly impressed!) :D

HAHA I have the same plan also. Any money my mum leaves me will be blown on a Caterham or Exige :)

Pulled up at the lights next to a Corsa VXR who was giving it the nails ahead of me and asked if it was standard, to which he replied "yeah it's still under warranty, what's in that a 2 litre?", to which I replied "yeah mate right on the money!" Before pressing the loud pedal a bit too much before releasing the clutch and snaked the car away........I obviously accidentally got the pedals mixed up :o

The sweetest sounding 2.0 I've ever heard, is probably what he thought, well probably not, but maybe!

Edited by OV53
  • Like 2

Pulled up at the lights next to a Corsa VXR who was giving it the nails ahead of me and asked if it was standard, to which he replied "yeah it's still under warranty, what's in that a 2 litre?", to which I replied "yeah mate right on the money!" Before pressing the loud pedal a bit too much before releasing the clutch and snaked the car away........I obviously accidentally got the pedals mixed up :o

The sweetest sounding 2.0 I've ever heard, is probably what he thought, well probably not, but maybe!

Great reply... :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

3era7yza.jpg

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1

How have I missed the point?

The OP said someone on FB thought their Zed was a Vauxhall, I was saying why is that a bad thing?

If they had though it was a Porsche everyone would be raving :dry:

If it is the traffic light race post then it is a mighty cool story...

Sent from the golf club...

Edited by spursmaddave

The OP opened a discussion about annoying comments about the zed, my post was merely stating that this uneducated VXR driver thought that the zed had a 2.0 in it. No racing took place, only a display of what a "2 litre" engine sounds like.

But you got the point, right?