Annoying comments about my Zed....

Kraziekatz1

The only bad comment I've received so far is that it's apparently a 'hairdressers car'. Apart from that it's been all good :)

I had a few comments like that from work mates before they actually saw the car and then when they did they suddenly changed their tune. :wacko::lol:

To me a hairdressers car has always been something convertible with not much go. Like a KA convertible, MX5 or Porsche Boxster?! Basically cars which are convertible and don't have enough power to make them true performance cars.

Although in saying that the MX5 isn't a bad car nor the Porsche. :dry::surrender:

I had that big time when I got mine from one of my mates - he was constantly ribbing me about the zed being a hair dressers car and was totally amazed that I would buy a Nissan when I could have got a Porsche Boxster for half the money. Amazingly he didnt feel that the Boxster was a hairdressers car however.

I did loose track in the end of the positive comments the zed got. Everyone from kids shouting out "nice car mister" as I drove past, through to complete strangers complimenting me on it as I popped into the local corner shop to get some milk. Garages/Mechanics loved it. I remember going to the local auto parts place, coming out to find the owner of the shop standing there staring at my car before telling me how nice it was and how rare they are as he doesnt see many of them.

Edited by rabbitstew

Going back to the squashed beetle. Surely that is the scirrocco? or is that a squashed Golf? I just don't see it. but yeah, the comment smacks of jealousy :p

911 is a squashed Beetle, Scirrocco is a golf in a petty coat, a pretty petty coat though :)

I would say Nissan/Vauxhall is a fair comparison really...

Sent from the golf club...

You seem to have a bit of a thing for Vauxhalls, why dont you buy one?

• Like 1

The only bad comment I've received so far is that it's apparently a 'hairdressers car'. Apart from that it's been all good :)

I had a few comments like that from work mates before they actually saw the car and then when they did they suddenly changed their tune. :wacko::lol:

To me a hairdressers car has always been something convertible with not much go. Like a KA convertible, MX5 or Porsche Boxster?! Basically cars which are convertible and don't have enough power to make them true performance cars.

Although in saying that the MX5 isn't a bad car nor the Porsche. :dry::surrender:

I did loose track in the end of the positive comments the zed got. Everyone from kids shouting out "nice car mister" as I drove past,

Mister? Were you driving through the 19th century?

• Like 1

Going back to the squashed beetle. Surely that is the scirrocco? or is that a squashed Golf? I just don't see it. but yeah, the comment smacks of jealousy :p

911 is a squashed Beetle, Scirrocco is a golf in a petty coat, a pretty petty coat though :)

I wouldn't mind a Monaro V8, whats wrong with that?

Pretty annoying that a kid in a sports car doesn't know what size engine is in a 350z. The snaking away was 100% legit, you don't have to be racing to do it you know.

Why would a kid be bothered what is under the bonnet of a 12 year old car :shrug;

"No officer I was not racing I was snaking away"

Nothing, did i say there was?

Pretty annoying that a kid in a sports car doesn't know what size engine is in a 350z. The snaking away was 100% legit, you don't have to be racing to do it you know.

Why would a kid be bothered what is under the bonnet of a 12 year old car :shrug;

"No officer I was not racing I was snaking away"

Whats the year got to do with it?

I don't know what the engine size of a Corsa VXR is. Or a current BMW 328.

No reason the kid should've known really, might've been nice to inform him rather than boot it away when he was showing some interest.

Pulled up at the lights next to a Corsa VXR who was giving it the nails ahead of me and asked if it was standard, to which he replied "yeah it's still under warranty, what's in that a 2 litre?", to which I replied "yeah mate right on the money!" Before pressing the loud pedal a bit too much before releasing the clutch and snaked the car away........I obviously accidentally got the pedals mixed up :o

The sweetest sounding 2.0 I've ever heard, is probably what he thought, well probably not, but maybe!

He probably thought that's not a standard 2 litre ! He must have twin carbs :lol:

• Like 1

No reason the kid should've known really, might've been nice to inform him rather than boot it away when he was showing some interest.

To be fair the majority of the kids on the car scene round here who drive those types of cars know their stuff, turns out this guy wasn't one of them.

Exactly, like I said surely any sort of interest is a good thing

spursmaddave said:

what's wrong?... errr, it's a vauxhall?

nope its a holden

Finally someone appreciates the sarcasm !

Datsun sorry Nissan arguably have a greater racing pedigree but they produce some terrible cars and a few very nice ones, pretty much like Vauxhall. I don't see that it is possible to have a Zed and be a badge snob, the whole point of a Zed is that it is a V6 sports coupe that is affordable to the 'common man' as said very eloquently by Chromatic.

I loved my Zed but I never looked down at people who did not 'get it' I had comments at work good and bad and took both with similar grace, I never once felt the need to floor it at the lights and snake away to prove what was under my bonnet.

• Like 1

spursmaddave said:

what's wrong?... errr, it's a vauxhall?

nope its a holden

Finally someone appreciates the sarcasm !

Datsun sorry Nissan arguably have a greater racing pedigree but they produce some terrible cars and a few very nice ones, pretty much like Vauxhall. I don't see that it is possible to have a Zed and be a badge snob, the whole point of a Zed is that it is a V6 sports coupe that is affordable to the 'common man' as said very eloquently by Chromatic.

I loved my Zed but I never looked down at people who did not 'get it' I had comments at work good and bad and took both with similar grace, I never once felt the need to floor it at the lights and snake away to prove what was in my trousers.

edited that for you :thumbs:

• Like 1