Feb 2014 Floods

ATTAK Z

http://www.liveleak....=ad8_1392200776

guy attempts to build a moat.

Some jobs worth will probably bill him for " Water Extraction " :lol: :lol:

I saw this on the news the other day. He owns a building company so had his employees build his levy. They just seemed to be scooping up spoil from the water side, I wonder what damage he's doing to anything underground like sewage, water, gas etc etc....

18.5m above sea level :boat::byebye:

Pics from the other day, Walton-on-Thames just down the road from Mike, and banks broken at Hampton Court, we were watching it the other day and it was really flowing, if anyone went in, they weren't coming out!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2555658/UK-weather-16-areas-South-warned-flooding-danger-lives-Armed-Forces-battle-save-homes.html

I see residents are now been limited to 5 free sandbags and Local Councils are charging for any over 5...WTF..!! :rant:

Ummm what are you meant to protect with 5 Sandbags? Be lucky enough to build a sand castle with that! :lol:

Its crazy, what happened to "MONEY IS NO OBJECT speech..!! :scare: :angry:

• Like 2

I see residents are now been limited to 5 free sandbags and Local Councils are charging for any over 5...WTF..!! :rant:

Ummm what are you meant to protect with 5 Sandbags? Be lucky enough to build a sand castle with that! :lol:

Its crazy, what happened to "MONEY IS NO OBJECT speech..!! :scare::angry:

"Money is no object!!!!........Unless you need more than 5 sandbags"
  • Like 4

You have to ask if anything has been learned from the George Bush debacle over Hurricane Katrina. The government have been very slow in their response to the severity of the floods, it took several weeks for them to dispatch a minister to The Somerset Levels and the more cynical will say they only started taking notice when the conservative heartlands along The Thames got flooded out....not that it would have been any different under Labour TBH. I have however been quite impressed with Camerons leadership now he's grasped the seriousness of the situation and I can see several heads rolling once things get back to normal (in May :lol: ) . However I think he may live to regret his "Money is no object" proclamation.

Pete

Its crazy, what happened to "MONEY IS NO OBJECT speech..!! :scare: :angry:

Did anyone actually believe him?

18.5m above sea level :boat::byebye:

Pics from the other day, Walton-on-Thames just down the road from Mike, and banks broken at Hampton Court, we were watching it the other day and it was really flowing, if anyone went in, they weren't coming out!

http://www.dailymail...save-homes.html

Some very shocking and sad images there from the Daily Mail. All this sand bagging & Army/Government help is far too late for so many. :dry:

Not sure if you meant the government sand bagging pun but it made me laugh :lol:

But you're correct. Some have been in this situation since December, how long before hose pipe bans?

:lol: Yes, I see it now. :D

But seriously can't believe how slow the reaction has been in helping some of these people that are suffering through this. As Will would say... :scare: :scare: :scare::surrender:

• Like 1