LHD Cars in the UK

Jay

Hey guys and girls, I have a shocking urge to get an american car....... think its the big v8 that I am after. Anyway I am looking at camaro, challenger and naturally a mustang. Has anyone got experience with driving an LHD car on uk roads? Please share your experiences. I honestly cant think of any other cars I would drive in my price range which is shocking lol. I could prob go up to 30k for the correct car. As always let me know your thoughts. Cheers

Cheers guys and girl ;)

I should have said........... i am only after an auto. Since i have gotten old (27) my driving style has changed. I enjoy blasts along the motorway and knowing that if i need the power its there. I have grown out ( for just now) of taking the car round twisties at silly speeds etc. A lot more laid back since i got married lol. That's the other reason, the mrs keeps going on about having 4 seats............ so this is my compramise lol

Cheers guys and girl ;)

I should have said........... i am only after an auto. Since i have gotten old (27) my driving style has changed. I enjoy blasts along the motorway and knowing that if i need the power its there. I have grown out ( for just now) of taking the car round twisties at silly speeds etc. A lot more laid back since i got married lol. That's the other reason, the mrs keeps going on about having 4 seats............ so this is my compramise lol

Hi Grandpa :wave::teeth:

Cheers guys and girl ;)

Hi Grandpa :wave::teeth:

Hi son :D

I think the RHD in stangs are coming in at the end of this year...... but i doubt i would be able to afford one as they normally come in around 36ish

I'd get a Camaro if you are after LHD. The LS3 engine is spectacular.

But......and I bet you knew I was gonna say this!

£20k for a low milage excellent condition VXR8 with the LS3 engine.

You get RHD, slushbox if you want one, 440bhp from a big daft V8, and lots of super saloon cool.

Factor in £1200 for a custom exhaust with cut-outs like I had and you still have change from £30k

With that, you could SC it with a Magnasun supercharger for £7k fitted.

Mate go for a challenger. Everyone gets mustangs or camaros and as much as I love them the challenger looks like a 70s muscle car. Maybe iv been watching fast n loud too much :lol: but they are stunning

Btw I saw an xkr this morning with a few bits painted the way you like and it looked absolutely stunning. He even gave me a nod- jag drivers are changing :lol:

• Like 1

I'd get a Camaro if you are after LHD. The LS3 engine is spectacular.

But......and I bet you knew I was gonna say this!

£20k for a low milage excellent condition VXR8 with the LS3 engine.

You get RHD, slushbox if you want one, 440bhp from a big daft V8, and lots of super saloon cool.

Factor in £1200 for a custom exhaust with cut-outs like I had and you still have change from £30k

With that, you could SC it with a Magnasun supercharger for £7k fitted.

Remind me how that VXR ended up again :blackeye:

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1

Challenger is a great shout for rarity, but Mustang or a Camaro would also be pretty epic.

Not driven on the wrong side of the car in the UK, but done a bit of wrong side of the car in Europe. Aside from ticket machines and toll booths without a passenger being a chore, I found my view approaching roundabouts a bit of a pain, especially if you have a large headed passenger or one stuffing food/drink in their face. It's not a show stopper though, just takes a second or two longer, which isn't a bad thing necessarily.

As for wrong side shift, you get used to it after a day or two.

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT, SERIOUSLY, DO IT.

My dad owns a H2 Hummer, which I've driven on a bunch of occasions.

It's LHD and the width of a bus, so possibly the most awkward vehicle you could imagine using on UK roads. And yet, if you're a competent driver, it's a piece of cake. I drove 4000 miles around Europe in a RHD car last year so the same problem essentially, and there was no problem at all. Never had an issue with overtakes, you just position the car differently.

If buying a manual, I can see why LHD may be an issue. If an auto, then you really have no excuse at all.