E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

Started smoking in 2011 on tour, seemed like the cool thing to do at the time, either that or at £7 for 200 just seemed too good a deal for a non-smoker to pass by. Decided it was time to quit a few months ago when I was finding it hard to decide wether to spend my last £10 on food, or a pack of 20, and moved to the electronic cigarette.

Now, it seems that everyone who was a smoker is on one. It's the way forward, even if you still cant smoke it inside cinemas, train, pubs, It saves you money and tastes good. 120 guys at my work, around 60 smoked in 2011, now theres around 30 on e-cigs and 10 normal smokers. Guessing its just not that cool anymore.

I started with the SkyCig, looked like a cigarette but gave very little throat hit and costs quite a bit. Just a useless piece of kit.

Moved onto the iBreathe starter kit. Which was good, didn't like any flavour other than Menthol, but the starter kit is only meant to last 14days, so the wick burnt out, started tasting horrible and had no idea why. Bought new top, after a week, horrible taste and went back to cigarettes.

My father stopped smoking after 30 years, and was using KangerTech Protank II, it looked pretty good, pricetag was high of £70, but decided to go with it. Went to ZenVapour shop in Livingston and they had around 40 flavours lined up, tried them all and made my choice. Pizza flavour was not one of them. Changeable wicks at 2.00 each, and fluids at £5 each.

Been awesome so far, and would recommend the latter one to those looking for better e-cig.

So, who else Is on them? And which one did you go for?

SkyCig

sky-cig-charger-pack_zps68132c32.jpg

iBreathe

ego-t_se-800x800_zps47733c00.jpg

KangerTech

Kanger_protank_mini_2_2_1024x1024-320x228_zps3d45b91b.jpg

Edited by ddcboyle
  • Like 6

I'm a smoker and tbh I doubt I'll ever use these e-cigs.

My boss in work bought one to try & I tried it too but just didn't compare for me to my cigarettes.

He spent around £80-90 odd on his one so I'm assuming it was one of the best ones available but even he's stopped using it now after only a few months.

You really have to want to give up smoking imo to be able to stop or for these things to work for you which I don't. Glad it's helped for you though. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'm a smoker and tbh I doubt I'll ever use these e-cigs.

My boss in work bought one to try & I tried it too but just didn't compare for me to my cigarettes.

He spent around £80-90 odd on his one so I'm assuming it was one of the best ones available but even he's stopped using it now after only a few months.

You really have to want to give up smoking imo to be able to stop or for these things to work for you which I don't. Glad it's helped for you though. :thumbs:

I had a cig a few days ago, and i think now i get a good hit from e-cigs, the fag done nothing for me. at all. Felt sick with the smell of smoke, and didnt get any nicotine hit. But, this was after about a month i stopped caring for cigarettes. Takes a while for you to adjust to e-cigs tbh. £80-90 isnt that much tbh. I was looking at buying a battery for £60 lol, but decided against it since i didnt actually need it.

Edited by ddcboyle

You are probably right ddcboyle as I only tried it a couple of times so obviously didn't give it a good enough go to get weened off the cigarettes ~ my boss however did but has since gone back to smoking cigarettes.

One thing I do hate though about these new E-cigs is the way that they are allowed to advertise them on the radio and other media so freely. I hear adverts for them all the time on radio stations with little mention of nicotine and no mention what so ever that they are intended for adult use or over 18's only.

This seems unfair and bizarre to me as surely these things should have the same advertising infringements that cigarettes have in order to reduce the possible numbers of children that may start using these as they thinks it's cool or whatever?! :surrender:

Edited by GMballistic

^^ *I'am :D;)

Just payback for the other night Dan. Re: there/their. :lol:

Touche

Either "I am" or "I'm" :lol:

i used one for a while, then i realised because theyre not 'bad for you' i was just chugging away like mad and before long i wanted more cigarettes than i had ever done before :rant: ... cold turkeys the only way!!! :surrender:

I found i smoked the e-cig 24/7 just because i could, but i think that was because it was new and like a little toy. Now after a month on the good one, i dont really use it that much.

Sky cgi and the likes are useless! The iBreate as you call it is actually an ego-T with a CE5 clearomisor and the tank you posted is just a clearomisor which can fit the ego-T and various other batteries. Not having a go at you, just clearing it up for anyone who may want to look them up or buy :thumbs:

I started the e-cig on Jan 19th last year and haven't had a single fag since, they're awesome :D

Currently I have 4 ego-T's, a Blade and a Lavatube, coupled with EVOD clearomisor, which are probably the best around, short of paying £20+ Each.

I highly recommend anyone to get on them. I save over a ton a month and don't smell like a hobo. Need I say more?

Gave up smoking 12 years ago on New Years eve on the top of the Intercontinental Hotel

in Warsaw while watching the fireworks in the square of the unknown soldier, It was -25 with

a wind chill factor of -35, it was too cold to get a cigarette out of the packet without frostbite,

never had another cigarette since or any patches or other paraphernalia...!! :scare: :scare:

Edited by WhackyWill

Sky cgi and the likes are useless! The iBreate as you call it is actually an ego-T with a CE5 clearomisor and the tank you posted is just a clearomisor which can fit the ego-T and various other batteries. Not having a go at you, just clearing it up for anyone who may want to look them up or buy :thumbs:

I started the e-cig on Jan 19th last year and haven't had a single fag since, they're awesome :D

Currently I have 4 ego-T's, a Blade and a Lavatube, coupled with EVOD clearomisor, which are probably the best around, short of paying £20+ Each.

I highly recommend anyone to get on them. I save over a ton a month and don't smell like a hobo. Need I say more?

But have you managed to quit ? or isn't that the idea any more?

But have you managed to quit ? or isn't that the idea any more?

Very few people ever really quit, you can learn to manage it but the craving is always there. I'm on pretty weak liquids and soon I'll go lower again to ween myself off the nicotine.

I'm also on a kanga pro tank 2 with a variable battery.

Bought it 3 months ago and haven't had a cigarette or a craving for a real cigarette since.

Plus I no longer have a sore throat or a cough at all.

Feel less tired and enjoy good a lot lot more.

Plus saving silly money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also on a kanga pro tank 2 with a variable battery.

Bought it 3 months ago and haven't had a cigarette or a craving for a real cigarette since.

Plus I no longer have a sore throat or a cough at all.

Feel less tired and enjoy good a lot lot more.

Plus saving silly money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great news. ;)

I do hate the amount of money I spend on cigarettes especially since the prices shot up but I'm a relatively light smoker really by some peoples standards (7-10 per day).

Might try giving up one day but it's my only real vice apart from the Zed of course. :)

Just coming up on a month, bought one on a whim. Naturally you save a fortune v fags and the smell (or lack) of is a winner. The bakky flavoured ones I find minging but quite like blueberry and blackcurrant, menthol is fine too. Not trying to quit, just caught myself wheezing once and thought I'd try the switch and see how I felt, been easy so far and throat feels better. See how dropping down a strength level goes next bottle, I guess I'll try and work down to the nicotine free ones if it doesn't bother me going down a step. I have quit in the past but missed the extra breaks from the office and chatting to folk outside, less so in winter though :lol:

Once the initial novelty wore off, I find I used it a bit more frequently, but for less time, per 'fag'. It was really good on my recent road trip to Barca, no need to pull over for a wheeze and it leaves a faintly sweet mist in the car.

In fact on more than one occasion I was ordered to fire it up as a beery gust had emanated from the rear passenger and was making our eyeballs burn.