E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

Just stop if money is an issue, surely?

Thought you where smarter than that Dan (no offence :blush::lol: ). It's easy for some people to just say "oh yeah I'd just stop smoking". :dry:

Anyway it's not like I'm going broke but who wouldn't like an extra £1500 a year?!

I actually enjoy smoking but would rather not pay these silly prices that cigarettes in this country now cost. From what I have seen so far this vaping would be a much cheaper way to get my nicotine/smoking fix.

As I said earlier I only bought one yesterday so early days but so far it's good.

Today is my 1 year anniversary of vaping and having not smoked a cigarette at all or even had any cravings worth talking about, i'd say it's a success. The money saved has all went on the car, which is also money down the drain, but oh well :lol:

Today is my 1 year anniversary of vaping and having not smoked a cigarette at all or even had any cravings worth talking about, i'd say it's a success. The money saved has all went on the car, which is also money down the drain, but oh well :lol:

:lol: At least it's not just gone up in smoke though. ;)

After 4.5 years of smoking I quit in one day :lol:

That day finished work at 2pm, had my last fag on the way home and thought that I'm going out for a drive in the evening so will get some fags when I go to get petrol....In the evening went to get petrol and thought "f**k smoking" and didnt get any fags lol That lasted over 1 year... then started again as my old house mate was a smoker and just used to come out with him for a fag... but 3rd of October 2012 while txting my mrs - she said that she quit smoking 3 days ago(i even didnt realise) as its "stopober"... so I stopped then again, in 1 day and never smoked since and now just feel sick of a thought of that fag after taste in the mouth! So happy days :yahoo:

Edited by Vlad

After 4.5 years of smoking I quit in one day :lol:

That day finished work at 2pm, had my last fag on the way home and thought that m going out for a drive in a evening so will get some fags when I go to get petrol....In the evening went to get petrol and thought "f**k smoking" and didnt get any fags lol That lasted over 1 year... then started again as my old house mate was a smoker and just used to come out with him for a fag... but 3 October 2012 while txting my mrs - she goes that she quit smoking 3 days ago(i even didnt realise) as its "stopober"... so I stopped then again, in 1 day and never smoked since and now just feel sick of a thought of that fag after taste in the mouth! So happy days :yahoo:

Phftt, smoking for 4.5 years doesn't really count so no wonder you stopped so easily, ...not even a real smoker till you hit decades. :lol:

I've been smoking for 23 years odd Vlad so I doubt I could do it in one day even if I wanted to. Which I don't.

Well done though seriously. :thumbs:

If you've got the money and can afford to smoke, as well as enjoy it, then go ahead and smoke.

If you haven't got the money, or could put it to better use, then stop.

It really is that simple.

Well, it's bastard hard actually, but all you have to do is to just not light up. Be honest with yourselves, if you'd actually like to quit then try, don't then justify the waste of money that these e-cigs are by saying it's better for you. Yeah it is, but you still look f'ing daft standing there with one hanging out of your mouth.

Go on, honestly, who here would actually quite like to not smoke and have the money instead?

If you've got the money and can afford to smoke, as well as enjoy it, then go ahead and smoke.

Well, it's bastard hard actually, but all you have to do is to just not light up. Be honest with yourselves, if you'd actually like to quit then try, don't then justify the waste of money that these e-cigs are by saying it's better for you. Yeah it is, but you still look f'ing daft standing there with one hanging out of your mouth.

Go on, honestly, who here would actually quite like to not smoke and have the money instead?

Pretty much every smoker I know would like to not smoke and have the money instead, which unfortunately means it's not that simple.

• Like 1

Got to ask you now as I'm curious, have you ever smoked? ...and I mean really smoked, not just a few puffs on a cigarette when you're drunk or some cr*p,

....but every single day, almost every single hour or so that your awake for years of your life? :dry:

Edited by GMballistic

I though it might be worth me mentioning this in case anyone has experienced similar.

Last week, a good friend of mine who has been using one of these e-cigarette things, went to the doctors as he was having panic attacks and a pulsing sensation in his head. Turns out he had very high blood pressure and his doctor says its almost certainly because he's been using one of these. Apparently the liquid he's been using recently was a lot stronger than he'd had previously and he didn't realise.

I switched to ecigs a year ago and haven't looked back since ..

I started with the Ego CE5 stlye ecigs but have recently upgraded to the Sigelei Zmax V5 which is variable voltage/wattage device.

zmax%20v5.jpg

I'm using the Kanger Pro Tank Mini II with it and it's a much nicer vape compared to the CE5 cartomiser.

:thumbs:

Edited by narcotix

I switched to ecigs a year ago and haven't looked back since ..

I started with the Ego CE5 stlye ecigs but have recently upgraded to the Sigelei Zmax V5 which is variable voltage/wattage device.

zmax%20v5.jpg

I'm using the Kanger Pro Tank Mini II with it and it's a much nicer vape compared to the CE5 cartomiser.

:thumbs:

Have you noticed any improvement in your health at all after you switched? Obviously saving money but just wondered if you felt any healthier after the switch. :dry:

ZMAX V5+ look's very cool. B)

Have you noticed any improvement in your health at all after you switched? Obviously saving money but just wondered if you felt any healthier after the switch. :dry:

Yeah I'd say I've definitely noticed an improvement in health since I made the swtich to eCigs.

I do a lot of running (about 10 miles a week) and my times have come down a lot since i stopped smoking cigarettes...

I've had the occassional cigarette on a night out, but to be honest I don't enjoy them anymore...

I'm absolutely loving the Zmax ... It's quite heavy though as it's made from stainless steel but definitely worth it!

Yeah I'd say I've definitely noticed an improvement in health since I made the swtich to eCigs.

I do a lot of running (about 10 miles a week) and my times have come down a lot since i stopped smoking cigarettes...

I've had the occassional cigarette on a night out, but to be honest I don't enjoy them anymore...

I'm absolutely loving the Zmax ... It's quite heavy though as it's made from stainless steel but definitely worth it!

Well that sound's good then. Really hope I can stay off the cigarettes for as long as you. ;)

Well that sound's good then. Really hope I can stay off the cigarettes for as long as you. ;)

It's not been too difficult thanks to the eCigs ... I've tried giving up cold turkey but I only lasted 2 weeks before I was back to smoking daily.

I had tried eCigs a few years ago but at the time I was still smoking cigarettes regularly as well ... This time round I made the decision to switch completely and a year has just flown by..

Just stick with it .. :thumbs:

• Like 1

It's not been too difficult thanks to the eCigs ... I've tried giving up cold turkey but I only lasted 2 weeks before I was back to smoking daily.

I had tried eCigs a few years ago but at the time I was still smoking cigarettes regularly as well ... This time round I made the decision to switch completely and a year has just flown by..

Just stick with it .. :thumbs:

Will do thanks. Haven't had a cigarette all day today so that's day one anyway. :lol:

I did try Nicotine gum back in the late 1990's when it first came out but that didn't work for me and I had only been smoking then for around 4/5 years regularly.

Hoping this will work better as I can still get my nicotine hit & smoking enjoyment without all the other dangerous chemicals/poisons that cigarettes contain nor the high prices. ;)

Smoked for 30 years and enjoyed every puff.

Been on green smoke ecigs for 2 months and not touched a cigerette in that time.

I also have an adapter which allows me to put a clearomizer on the gs batteries and I pop the cap off the cartridges and just top up with the ejuice of my choice. Currently brazillian coffee

I dont like the idea of the medical companies making decisions on the regulations for ecigs as they have lost a lot of sales of their quit smoking patches and inhalers etc and want to get rid of ecigs by regulating them out of existence

Dont see me going back unless they are banned

Been on green smoke ecigs for 2 months and not touched a cigerette in that time.

I tried Green Smoke, they were very good for cig-a-likes but still not quite enough to stop me smoking. The SmoeVesto kit I'm using is awesome though, averaged about 3-4 cigs a day since Friday, had 1 this morning and probably won't have another again... which considering I'm not actually quiting smoking seems pretty good! Loving this trip hammer rasberry ripple flavour, tastes just like the ice cream!

Just my 2p worth on this topic. I doubt anyone on here has smoked more cigs than I have. I started at 13 or 14 years old and I'm now 63. Up to being 60, I'd never even tried to stop and for many, many years had been on 30 a day minimum. Any cigs would do, £20 a sleeves from Thailand, anything!

In early 2011, I had cause to take someone dear to me to the local cancer hospital for radiation therapy. Every day for 15 days we went and saw some right sights!

Cop a load of this. Both of us were having a smoke outside the hospital before going in, and having another smoke as soon as we got back out again. Now just tell me how daft you can get.

We both decided to quit, but the time was not right. We set April 1st as our stoping day and used the NHS local stop smoking centre, who provided patches, mints, just about whatever you wanted. Neither of us has had a cig since that date.

It can be done, and it was not as bad as I thought. BUT, you have got to want to stop. Don't **** about fooling yourself and wasting your time and possibly other people's as well. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO STOP!!

Never is a big word, but I have finished with the cigs. It was not about money, a smoker will always find that from somewhere. It was about well being.

There were people at the Stop Smoking sessions who had tried time after time and were still smoking. As far as I'm concerned, they should not have been there. They always found a good excuse for still smoking. There was even one guy ther who had lost one lung to lung cancer and he was STILL smoking.

The strange thing is that I'm not anti-smoking. If the lads at work are having a fag break I still go and stand with them to get a bit of passive, it probably never leaves you.

Another thing I didn't know was this. We only have 1 guy at our pub table now who has a smoke. When he comes back in the pub from smoking, HE STINKS. I must have smelled like him for 40 odd years.

I ofter make a statement which I believe to be true, although the staff at the Stop Smoking sessions told it wasn't. Every smoker, if they could wake up tomorrow and be a non smoker, would! The staff told me it is only 70% but I don't believe them, I think it is 100%

Last comment. When I knew I was going to stop somehow, I went to the first session, which was just to see how things worked. There was a guy there who had stopped smoking about 6 months previously and who popped in periodically to touch base. He was a bit younger than me, but had a similar sized habit/addiction. He inspired me! I saw no reason why he and I were really different, if he could crack it - I could (and did) I now go back there periodically on the off chance that someone could be inspired by me.

Steve

• Like 1

Has anybody used the MVP2 battery? Im on UKVapers forum and seen constant recommendations for it. My batteries at the moment (evod) are rubbish i.m.o, always highly likely to break. Just curious if anyone has one? Reason it comes up now, i went to zedshed and my evod battery wouldnt charge, and ended up on the smokes for that day (since they chain smoke, its too much temptation without a working ecig)

Just my 2p worth on this topic. I doubt anyone on here has smoked more cigs than I have. I started at 13 or 14 years old and I'm now 63. Up to being 60, I'd never even tried to stop and for many, many years had been on 30 a day minimum. Any cigs would do, £20 a sleeves from Thailand, anything!

In early 2011, I had cause to take someone dear to me to the local cancer hospital for radiation therapy. Every day for 15 days we went and saw some right sights!

Cop a load of this. Both of us were having a smoke outside the hospital before going in, and having another smoke as soon as we got back out again. Now just tell me how daft you can get.

We both decided to quit, but the time was not right. We set April 1st as our stoping day and used the NHS local stop smoking centre, who provided patches, mints, just about whatever you wanted. Neither of us has had a cig since that date.

It can be done, and it was not as bad as I thought. BUT, you have got to want to stop. Don't **** about fooling yourself and wasting your time and possibly other people's as well. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO STOP!!

Never is a big word, but I have finished with the cigs. It was not about money, a smoker will always find that from somewhere. It was about well being.

There were people at the Stop Smoking sessions who had tried time after time and were still smoking. As far as I'm concerned, they should not have been there. They always found a good excuse for still smoking. There was even one guy ther who had lost one lung to lung cancer and he was STILL smoking.

The strange thing is that I'm not anti-smoking. If the lads at work are having a fag break I still go and stand with them to get a bit of passive, it probably never leaves you.

Another thing I didn't know was this. We only have 1 guy at our pub table now who has a smoke. When he comes back in the pub from smoking, HE STINKS. I must have smelled like him for 40 odd years.

I ofter make a statement which I believe to be true, although the staff at the Stop Smoking sessions told it wasn't. Every smoker, if they could wake up tomorrow and be a non smoker, would! The staff told me it is only 70% but I don't believe them, I think it is 100%

Last comment. When I knew I was going to stop somehow, I went to the first session, which was just to see how things worked. There was a guy there who had stopped smoking about 6 months previously and who popped in periodically to touch base. He was a bit younger than me, but had a similar sized habit/addiction. He inspired me! I saw no reason why he and I were really different, if he could crack it - I could (and did) I now go back there periodically on the off chance that someone could be inspired by me.

Steve

I think you nailed it on the head about smokers wanting to be non-smokers. I like the throat hit and cant see myself coming off nicotine in the near future as i do enjoy it. However, if i could turn back time, i would have never picked up a cigarette in the first place and id be non-smoker. But, because ive found the throat hit a nice feeling, i still want that. the cigarettes are just a bad health problem and money issue. Once the ecigs become an issue, i either move onto something different or quit completely.