E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

Just an update on my progress.

So far I have been using my e-cig since Saturday and haven't touched a cigarette since then. :scare: I feel like I'm actually making a break from that addiction which has been part of my life for some 23 years odd and I cannot believe I'm doing it tbh.

I've bought several different flavours of E-liquid now; Cherry, Blueberry, Energy Drink and Mixed Berries. All of which are at the lower end of the scale nicotine wise with only 9mg (0.8%).

It's really been a good week so far and I don't stink of cigarettes anymore which is probably nicer for all around me. I'm not vaping all the time either, just occasionally when I want and at the times when I used to smoke cigarettes. eg: after meals, break times in work etc

My mate actually said I look healthier as well when I saw him yesterday. Not sure if he was just being kind but I do feel better now I'm not smoking cigarettes and am just using my e-cig.

Thanks to all that recommended it as so far it's working great for me. Hopefully I can stick at it as I'm sure this is a much better habbit for me than smoking cigarettes. ;)

Been vaping for about 9 months now. Had a bit of a blip around xmas for a couple of weeks but back on it now.

Currently use vision spinner vv batteries and i clear 16 tank not overly impressed with it but will do for now while i research something a bit better.

Did anyone watch "The Rise of the Ecig" on ITV earlier today?

I didn't catch all of it so plan on watching it on ITV Player over the weekend...

By the way I've recently found a very cheap supplier of eLiquid for anyone who's interested... It's less than half price compared to other sites...

http://vaporcraze.co.uk

They've currently got a sale on and if you use the code "Vaporcraze UK" at checkout you can get another 25% off ... they minimum order amount is £3 and delivery is free!

I've placed 3 orders in the last couple of weeks and they've all arrived within 2 days... It's worth stocking up at this price..

:thumbs:

So far I have been using my e-cig since Saturday and haven't touched a cigarette since then. :scare: I feel like I'm actually making a break from that addiction which has been part of my life for some 23 years odd and I cannot believe I'm doing it tbh.

I've bought several different flavours of E-liquid now; Cherry, Blueberry, Energy Drink and Mixed Berries. All of which are at the lower end of the scale nicotine wise with only 9mg (0.8%).

It's really been a good week so far and I don't stink of cigarettes anymore which is probably nicer for all around me. I'm not vaping all the time either, just occasionally when I want and at the times when I used to smoke cigarettes. eg: after meals, break times in work etc

My mate actually said I look healthier as well when I saw him yesterday. Not sure if he was just being kind but I do feel better now I'm not smoking cigarettes and am just using my e-cig.

Thanks to all that recommended it as so far it's working great for me. Hopefully I can stick at it as I'm sure this is a much better habbit for me than smoking cigarettes. ;)

congrats on 2 things, one is giving up. and the other, is on 9mg. thats pretty low for a 23yr smoker. I smoked for 2years and on 24mg, but i doubled up all the time on cigarettes for 2years, between 15 and 30 a day depending what i was doing. It definetly is the way forward, and at the same time its nice to be able to modify little bits of your e-cig and care for it (cleaning etc). little past time :lol:

Did anyone watch "The Rise of the Ecig" on ITV earlier today?

I didn't catch all of it so plan on watching it on ITV Player over the weekend...

By the way I've recently found a very cheap supplier of eLiquid for anyone who's interested... It's less than half price compared to other sites...

http://vaporcraze.co.uk

They've currently got a sale on and if you use the code "Vaporcraze UK" at checkout you can get another 25% off ... they minimum order amount is £3 and delivery is free!

I've placed 3 orders in the last couple of weeks and they've all arrived within 2 days... It's worth stocking up at this price..

just out of curiosity, what mg and kit are you using? what eliquids have you used before and how do these compare? Just curious as i know alot of new sites, the eliquid isnt as good as the more experienced sites. Curious about this one as it seems a great price, just hope the liquid is upto my usual

congrats on 2 things, one is giving up. and the other, is on 9mg. thats pretty low for a 23yr smoker. I smoked for 2years and on 24mg, but i doubled up all the time on cigarettes for 2years, between 15 and 30 a day depending what i was doing. It definetly is the way forward, and at the same time its nice to be able to modify little bits of your e-cig and care for it (cleaning etc). little past time :lol:

Thanks ddcboyle. I used to smoke around 10 cigarettes a day on average (more at weekends) which where Benson & Hedges gold or silver pkts.

I was a bit iffy the first 3 days but now I don't even want a cigarette and feel I'm getting enough of a buzz just from the e-cig even with the lower level nicotine E-liquid.

I'm really chuffed tbh. :D

I've been looking at other e-cigs and think eventually I may buy another battery & clearomizer just in case I break mine or something goes wrong with it. I like the idea of the "Anyvape BDC Davide" clearomizer as it completely strips down for easy cleaning.

This is where I'm buying my stuff from; http://www.zappecigs.co.uk/#!liqua/cn56

Not sure if I'd trust buying some E-liquids from eBay or from some internet sources. :dry:

Has anybody used the MVP2 battery? Im on UKVapers forum and seen constant recommendations for it. My batteries at the moment (evod) are rubbish i.m.o, always highly likely to break. Just curious if anyone has one? Reason it comes up now, i went to zedshed and my evod battery wouldnt charge, and ended up on the smokes for that day (since they chain smoke, its too much temptation without a working ecig)

you sure EVOD is the battery, as EVOD is the type of atomizer. Are you sure it's not Ego-T? I have 3 different pairs of Ego-t's, all from different suppliers. 1 pair I bought in the E-cig shop, another from a mate who did a group buy from China for half the price and a 3rd pair I bought from eBay. The shop ones got a bit tatty so I passed them on to my mum to try. The eBay ones battery life is ok if I use them right away, but with 4 of these batteries plus another that I use in the house, it's hard to use it instantly, otherwise they only last 2 days. and the ones I got from my mate last a good 4 days or more.

Well done mate, it's so much easier than you ever thought it would be, right? :) Just keep it up, try not to be even tempted to have the odd one when out at the pub or whatever, it's easier to slip backwards then from my experience of watching others :thumbs:

• Like 1

Has anybody used the MVP2 battery? Im on UKVapers forum and seen constant recommendations for it. My batteries at the moment (evod) are rubbish i.m.o, always highly likely to break. Just curious if anyone has one? Reason it comes up now, i went to zedshed and my evod battery wouldnt charge, and ended up on the smokes for that day (since they chain smoke, its too much temptation without a working ecig)

you sure EVOD is the battery, as EVOD is the type of atomizer. Are you sure it's not Ego-T? I have 3 different pairs of Ego-t's, all from different suppliers. 1 pair I bought in the E-cig shop, another from a mate who did a group buy from China for half the price and a 3rd pair I bought from eBay. The shop ones got a bit tatty so I passed them on to my mum to try. The eBay ones battery life is ok if I use them right away, but with 4 of these batteries plus another that I use in the house, it's hard to use it instantly, otherwise they only last 2 days. and the ones I got from my mate last a good 4 days or more.

Evod is the battery, got a kangertech evod and elego evod battery. KT should have lasted a year, but just seems like a duff one and no use paying £10 for another, when the multi-volt setting and diagnostic reader ones are £40. Was just curious if anyone had tried one, ive yet to use a different volt setting so never really felt how it changed taste/vapour

edit: just had a search, comes up with both atomizer and battery. evod isnt a make from what i can gather, so im not too sure where it lies in terms of category. But, its definetly called evod on the battery, both of them, from different companies. Unless evod is a sub company who makes the batteries and atomizers, then kangertech and elego just put a brand name on it. If thats the case, would have presumed they would buy them clean and then engrave their logo onto it. I dunno but its evod battery lol

Edited by ddcboyle

just out of curiosity, what mg and kit are you using? what eliquids have you used before and how do these compare? Just curious as i know alot of new sites, the eliquid isnt as good as the more experienced sites. Curious about this one as it seems a great price, just hope the liquid is upto my usual

I'm currently using 8mg and 12mg e-liquids .. I did go down to 0mg for about 2 weeks but it just wasn't satisfying enough..

In terms of kit, I've only just recently upgraded from the CE5 Ego style ecigs to a Sigelei Zmax v5 .. which is a variable voltage/wattage unit.. and i'm using the KangerTech ProTank Mini II Clearomiser with it.

The liquids aren't the best tasting to be honest .. but I've found mixing a them can have good results.. I've been mixing equal quantities of the Cheesecake 12mg with Strawberry 0mg and it tastes pretty good.. I wouldn't reccommend the Vanila, Bubblegum or Cotton Candy flavours as they weren't too nice .. I plan to mix these with some other liquids I have though so not to waste them ...

I usually purchase from http://www.ukecigstore.com/ ... as their liquids have nice flavour ...

Edited by narcotix

Well done mate, it's so much easier than you ever thought it would be, right? :) Just keep it up, try not to be even tempted to have the odd one when out at the pub or whatever, it's easier to slip backwards then from my experience of watching others :thumbs:

Thanks KyleR.

It is easier than I thought it would be for definite and don't worry I have no intention of trying a real cigarette again at the moment.

Been outside on breaks today with my Boss in work who is still smoking cigarettes and I'm really not interested in having a cig whilst I've got the e-cig. Much nicer & smells/tastes great. :D Been on "Liqua Energy Drink" flavour today. :thumbs:

I've got one, they're pretty good but a bit big to lug around, not sure why you'd ever want to risk running out of "cigs" to recharge your phone!

• Like 1

Another update ~ Well it's been two weeks now since my last cigarette and I feel great about that (don't stink of cigs anymore :D ).

Went to my local Vaping/E-Cig shop again today and decided to buy a KangerTech Mini Pro-tank II. It was only £13 and it is so much better than my KangerTech T3S atomizer.

They obviously create the same amount of vapour but it is such a much smoother draw using the Pro-tank, has a removable drip tip and it can be completely stripped down for cleaning after use. B)

I also bought some more "Liqua" E-liquid; got Cola, Grape & Strawberry flavours. Only tried Strawberry so far which is great tasting. Happy days. :thumbs:

Another update ~ Well it's been two weeks now since my last cigarette and I feel great about that (don't stink of cigs anymore :D ).

Went to my local Vaping/E-Cig shop again today and decided to buy a KangerTech Mini Pro-tank II. It was only £13 and it is so much better than my KangerTech T3S atomizer.

They obviously create the same amount of vapour but it is such a much smoother draw using the Pro-tank, has a removable drip tip and it can be completely stripped down for cleaning after use. B)

I also bought some more "Liqua" E-liquid; got Cola, Grape & Strawberry flavours. Only tried Strawberry so far which is great tasting. Happy days. :thumbs:

protank is pretty good, i got one but i dunno if its the liquid or the wicks, im having to topup twice a day lol. or maybe i just use it too much? either way, tastes good

protank is pretty good, i got one but i dunno if its the liquid or the wicks, im having to topup twice a day lol. or maybe i just use it too much? either way, tastes good

The Pro-tank only holds around 1-2ml of E-liquid compared to the T3S that holds around 3ml so definitely going to need more top ups. :teeth:

It's not a big deal though as long as you know about it and plan ahead for your days vaping.

There is a bigger Pro-tank version too which holds around 5ml I believe but it's a bit of a lump to carry in your pocket. ;)

Top up twice a day? As in using a full 1.5ml twice? :scare:

It'll be the coil, most likely a 1.8 ohm, buy some 2.2 or 2.4 ohm units, they'll last longer and not burn as much liquid.

• Like 1

I'm using 2.5ohm coils in my mini Pro-tank II as I've got a variable voltage battery and like it turned up to about 4-4.4Volts. Seems to be giving me the most Vape and a nice taste too.

Didn't even bother with the 1.8ohm coils that came with it as I'd just burn them out at the higher voltages. ;)

I couldn't get on with the protank ii, using a kayfun now and much prefer it. :)

I'm finding the mini Pro-tank II much better than my T3S that I began with ~ gives a much smoother draw on the vape but I would like a bit more in the way of capacity. 1.5ml Doesn't last long. :lol::dry:

What do you like about the Kayfun? Is it a bottom coil atomizer?

Top up twice a day? As in using a full 1.5ml twice? :scare:

It'll be the coil, most likely a 1.8 ohm, buy some 2.2 or 2.4 ohm units, they'll last longer and not burn as much liquid.

No idea what wicks im using, doesnt have ohm on the inner packet and threw the outter packaging in the bin, Ill find some 2.2 or 2.4 next time im shopping and see if it helps. Maybe im dragging for too long? I click the button before i take a drag to warm it up, then gently suck and do that for about 4 seconds. Mind you i do just sit and smoke the hell out of it all day. Ive been off work for past week so i just sit and puff non stop. probably 10x more addicted to nicotine now than when i was on 20 a day.

I'd get the 2.5ohm coils if you can ddcboyle as they work well for me. Are you using a variable voltage battery btw?

From what I've learnt/read there is a suitable voltage to different ohms resistance. E.g

RESISTANCE (ohms) VOLTAGE

1.7-1.9/ 3.1-3.3

2.1-2.3/ 3.4-4.2

2.4-2.6/ 4.3-4.7

2.6-3.0/ 4.8-5.0

Take a look at; www.ohmslawcalculator.com for a more precise calculation.

Basically lower ohms =

• Runs hotter producing a warmer vapour
  • Creates more vapour
  • Produces more throat hit
  • Affects the flavour produced ~ by producing more or by diminishing it depending on the flavour
  • Drains your battery faster
  • Will go through E-liquid a little faster

Higher ohms =

• Runs a bit cooler producing a cooler vapour
  • Creates less vapour
  • Produces a cooler vape with less throat hit
  • Affects the flavour produced ~ either amplifying or diminishing it depending on the flavour
  • Allows your battery to last longer between charges
  • Will use less E-liquid

Also if the volts are too low you will get insufficient vapour. That's why I bought a variable voltage battery unit so that I can turn it up to get more vape.

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic

Ah thatll explain why my protank feels like its on flames when I use it. Definetly got lower ohm in mine as that sounds spot on. Ill grab some higher ohm wicks and was going to go for that mvp2 variable volt one. Its a bit bigger but i dont carry much on me normally. Once im working again ill get a smaller variable.

Do you find variable volt helps alot?

What do you like about the Kayfun? Is it a bottom coil atomizer?

Here are the details:

http://www.svoemesto.de/kayfun/kayfun-v3-1-es-brushed.html

A rebuildable probably isn't ideal for everyone, but it's got a good capacity (4.5 - 15ml with extensions), gives a good vape and because it's rebuildable you can learn how to coil/wick it to your preference. It's also very well made and doesn't leak unlike my protanks.