E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

thanks Tigerzed I too now can't stand the smell of cigs which seems a little weird as I was a heavy smoker for many years but it's things like that which will encourage me to not revert back to smoking, tattoos though now that's an addiction that's well worth the money and as an avid collector for many many years I fear there is no cure once bitten by the ink addiction ;)

• Like 1

thanks Tigerzed I too now can't stand the smell of cigs which seems a little weird as I was a heavy smoker for many years but it's things like that which will encourage me to not revert back to smoking, tattoos though now that's an addiction that's well worth the money and as an avid collector for many many years I fear there is no cure once bitten by the ink addiction ;)

Same here Andy I was shifting 40 rollies a day with ease ........

Ink addiction + zeditis = empty bank account !

Just a little update as a lot of smokers are probably thinking about quitting for new year, I've given myself a little pat on the back just now as I haven't smoked an analogue cigarette for almost 4 weeks and just wanted to say I feel so much better for it, I know I'm still feeding my nicotine addiction but by using a vaporiser at least I'm not taking in all the nasties that go with combusted tobacco and I no longer smell like an ash tray :)

Phase 2 will begin shortly as I intend to start reducing the nicotine levels in my ejuices with the eventual goal of being nicotine free but for now I'm enjoying vaping and my only regret is I didn't try it sooner, so to all the would be quitters out there dont give up on giving up, if cold turkey is too much then vaping could be a good tool for getting off the stink sticks, it's working for me anyway :)

Pat on the back well deserved Andy. :yahoo:

Despite what some people believe it's not easy for some people to quit smoking and I for one could have never got this far by going cold turkey or by using nicotine patches.

I'm not far off from a year without cigarettes now which I'm very happy with. Definitely feel better for it & will hopefully be completely nicotine free by the end of this year. :D;)

Well done mate stick at it! I'm closing in on 6 months without a cig now and find the smell of cigs repulsive :lol:

Besides which the extra cash I now have is helping fund more tattoos ;)

Nothing worse than an ex-smoker. :lol: The smell of cigarettes I find a bit rank now too.

Well done on the 6 months mate. :clap::thumbs:

Thanks GM (can't send you a like as I've reached my daily quota :lol: )

I'm very happy with my progress and do indeed feel so much better .....not saved any £££s yet though as my attraction to all things shiny has meant I've now got a growing collection of vaporisers and accesories, no one warned me they could be modified and upgraded :lol:

Thanks GM (can't send you a like as I've reached my daily quota :lol: )

I'm very happy with my progress and do indeed feel so much better .....not saved any £££s yet though as my attraction to all things shiny has meant I've now got a growing collection of vaporisers and accesories, no one warned me they could be modified and upgraded :lol:

Yeah I've tried to stay clear of upgrading my E-cig too much as then I'm not really going to be saving money which was part of my reason for giving up.

I use a "Itaste MVP 2.0" with a "KangerTech Pro Tank II" with 2.5ohms coils.

iTaste-MVP-0111.jpg

KangerTech_Protank-II_Clear_Atomizer.jpg

It's a pretty good setup I think as the ProTank II holds enough E-liquid for a good days vaping plus it is completely strippable for easy cleaning & maintenance. The Itaste MVP is also a variable voltage & wattage device so I can fully adjust that to get just the right amount of vape/taste for whichever E-liquid I'm using. B)

;)

+1 for the I taste MVP2.0

Santa put one of these in my goody bag and I have to say it's my absolute favourite

When I get payed next I'm hoping to get an aspire nautilus which like the pro tank II is fully rebuildable so easy to clean/maintain and has a 5ml tank for less refills :thumbs:

That's cool Andy as it is a great bit of kit.

One thing try to use 2.5ohms coils at a minimum I'd say. There are some charts (like picture below) which can "guide" you some way to what a good voltage is to use but I find trial and error is what works best as every E-liquid seems to work differently due to differences in PG/VG levels etc.

tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

It's also worth noting I believe the Itaste works either on voltage selected or wattage selected. For example if you select 3.5 volts and then select 7.0 watts it will work on the wattage as that was the last thing selected.

If you select wattage first and then the voltage then it will be working on the voltage. That's what I was told anyway and hope that makes sense.

Currently mines set up at 3.6 Volts and 7.0 Watts with wattage being the last thing I selected so it should be working on the wattage setting. :dry:;)

That's cool Andy as it is a great bit of kit.

One thing try to use 2.5ohms coils at a minimum I'd say. There are some charts (like picture below) which can "guide" you some way to what a good voltage is to use but I find trial and error is what works best as every E-liquid seems to work differently due to differences in PG/VG levels etc.

tumblr_m9dkanCt0I1qc8949o2_1280.png

It's also worth noting I believe the Itaste works either on voltage selected or wattage selected. For example if you select 3.5 volts and then select 7.0 watts it will work on the wattage as that was the last thing selected.

If you select wattage first and then the voltage then it will be working on the voltage. That's what I was told anyway and hope that makes sense.

Currently mines set up at 3.6 Volts and 7.0 Watts with wattage being the last thing I selected so it should be working on the wattage setting. :dry:;)

Sweet, I was going to post that chart, I found it when looking for an ohms law calculator, a friend of mine suggested tweeking things until it tasted 'right' and I believe this method will work for most people but if you're anything like me then its just not enough to 'suck and see' as I have to know 'why' and 'how' something does what it does, for me the volume of information that is so freely available is amazing and I think this thirst for information has in some way helped me to overcome my urges to revert back to tobacco, I think the inner geek in me is more addicted to facts and figures than I am to tobacco if that makes sense :lol:

I risk sounding a bit nerdy here but my love for maths and most things number related has been a great help towards quitting cigs as toying with calculations re ohms/watts/volts has kept me both occupied and happy during the initial transition :)

ps apologies for the long winded reply, love vaping nearly as much as driving :thumbs:

Edited by tatooandy67

Just a little update as a lot of smokers are probably thinking about quitting for new year, I've given myself a little pat on the back just now as I haven't smoked an analogue cigarette for almost 4 weeks and just wanted to say I feel so much better for it, I know I'm still feeding my nicotine addiction but by using a vaporiser at least I'm not taking in all the nasties that go with combusted tobacco and I no longer smell like an ash tray :)

Phase 2 will begin shortly as I intend to start reducing the nicotine levels in my ejuices with the eventual goal of being nicotine free but for now I'm enjoying vaping and my only regret is I didn't try it sooner, so to all the would be quitters out there dont give up on giving up, if cold turkey is too much then vaping could be a good tool for getting off the stink sticks, it's working for me anyway :)

Pat on the back well deserved Andy. :yahoo:

Despite what some people believe it's not easy for some people to quit smoking and I for one could have never got this far by going cold turkey or by using nicotine patches.

I'm not far off from a year without cigarettes now which I'm very happy with. Definitely feel better for it & will hopefully be completely nicotine free by the end of this year. :D;)

Well done mate stick at it! I'm closing in on 6 months without a cig now and find the smell of cigs repulsive :lol:

Besides which the extra cash I now have is helping fund more tattoos ;)

Nothing worse than an ex-smoker. :lol: The smell of cigarettes I find a bit rank now too.

Well done on the 6 months mate. :clap::thumbs:

cheers mate

I was on the lash round Leeds and getting pretty hammered just before Christmas. I started craving a cig until I vaped at the side of a dirty smoker and it put me right off!

You're right, nothing worse than an ex smoker!

I'm of the same opinion mind, I want to quit my vape at some point but I'm not going to rush it

• Like 1

cheers mate

I was on the lash round Leeds and getting pretty hammered just before Christmas. I started craving a cig until I vaped at the side of a dirty smoker and it put me right off!

I'm of the same opinion mind, I want to quit my vape at some point but I'm not going to rush it

Glad you didn't go back on the cigs then. ;)

I know we are of a similar age so I'm pretty sure it was the same for you when you where younger that you could smoke in pubs & clubs to your hearts content so sometimes that can make it much harder as the association between smoking & having a pint has always been there.

Definitely my plan has always been to quit the vaping as well but one step at a time. Reducing my nicotine intake is a great step, not to mention stopping the cigs last year so tbf that's a pretty big life style change in itself. :thumbs:

@Andy ~ Thought I'd post that chart just in case you hadn't seen one before.

Glad you're into the more technical side of vaping too as it will definitely help keep you interested. :thumbs:

Santa bought me the Aspire Atlantis 0.5 Ohm 'sub-ohm' clearomizer for Christmas, just need to find a suitable battery for it, probably going for the Sigelei 100W but it's out of stock at the mo. Looking forward to sub-ohming :D

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1

Santa bought me the Aspire Atlantis 0.5 Ohm 'sub-ohm' clearomizer for Christmas, just need to find a suitable battery for it, probably going for the Sigelei 100W but it's out of stock at the mo. Looking forward to sub-ohming :D

Have a look on www.myepack.co.uk :thumbs:

I bought a run of the mill starter kit as a stop smoking aid beginning of December, enjoyed it, started researching and then shortly after I contracted the vape version of zeditis :lol:

Must resist bank balance suffering, Mrs moaning :lol:

Edited by tatooandy67

cheers mate

Glad you didn't go back on the cigs then. ;)

I know we are of a similar age so I'm pretty sure it was the same for you when you where younger that you could smoke in pubs & clubs to your hearts content so sometimes that can make it much harder as the association between smoking & having a pint has always been there.

Definitely my plan has always been to quit the vaping as well but one step at a time. Reducing my nicotine intake is a great step, not to mention stopping the cigs last year so tbf that's a pretty big life style change in itself. :thumbs:

@Andy ~ Thought I'd post that chart just in case you hadn't seen one before.

Glad you're into the more technical side of vaping too as it will definitely help keep you interested. :thumbs:

Ah those were the days "when I was a lad"! Mid week drinking down the local. Game of killer with the lads, bit of a skin full and blast a 20 deck of Regal. Definitely a pint and cig went hand in hand!

Fair play to you with the smoking that's a real achievement and you've every right to be pleased with yourself. :)

• Like 1

Have a look on www.myepack.co.uk :thumbs:

Yeah thanks for that Andy. :dry: *sarcasm* :lol:

Great site though seriously just don't want to spend money. :surrender:;)

• Like 1

I've not touched alcohol in over 20 years now that's an achievement :)

I started smoking at age 12 and tried various things to quit over the years including champix. I have an e cig but it failed to hit the spot. Currently trying to just go cold turkey and after two weeks it's bearable. The longest time I stopped for previously was 14 months. This time I'm determined to do it without over eating to compensate :)

I've not touched alcohol in over 20 years now that's an achievement :)

I started smoking at age 12 and tried various things to quit over the years including champix. I have an e cig but it failed to hit the spot. Currently trying to just go cold turkey and after two weeks it's bearable. The longest time I stopped for previously was 14 months. This time I'm determined to do it without over eating to compensate :)

The E-cig you tried though was it a proper one or just one of those cheap rubbish ones available from petrol stations & supermarkets?

A decent E-cig starter kit is around £20-£30 from a proper supplier and is miles ahead of the rubbish you see a lot of people trying from the latter above.

Congrats on breaking the two week mark btw especially with just going cold turkey. :clap:

• Like 1

Congrats on reaching the two week mark Zeezeebaba, going cold turkey can be tough but from my previous quits I can say with certainty that you've gone past the hardest part so well done, stay positive :thumbs:

Don't know if this may be of interest to you, there's an ebook called 'never take another puff' by Joel spitzer, it's free to download as a PDFs, it's about nicotine addiction and gives IMO sound advice regarding quitting and is quite an interesting read :)

Bought one while I was in Edinburgh over Xmas and I must say it's made a difference. I don't really want to 'give up' and I'm a very light smoker (4-6 rollies a day) but I do want to cut it out in work as it makes me feel grim.

Had one real fag on NYE and half of a rollie today!

Addicted to nicotine like a son of a bitch now like but hey ho :lol:

• Like 1

Bought one while I was in Edinburgh over Xmas and I must say it's made a difference. I don't really want to 'give up' and I'm a very light smoker (4-6 rollies a day) but I do want to cut it out in work as it makes me feel grim.

Had one real fag on NYE and half of a rollie today!

Addicted to nicotine like a son of a bitch now like but hey ho :lol:

That's good though Ricey as it's a start. ;)

You should try getting the fruit flavoured E-liquids if you haven't already. Some of them are really tasty and it won't take long imo before you find tobacco flavours rank in comparison. :p:)