E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

WARNING To Andy: Search UK vapers for news on the sub tank, apparently there are reports of the insulator melting as it appears to be made of some sort of silica gel rather than the normal stuff. Check it out asap as it doesn't look safe. Sorry, would post the link but I'm on my phone.

• Like 1

WARNING To Andy: Search UK vapers for news on the sub tank, apparently there are reports of the insulator melting as it appears to be made of some sort of silica gel rather than the normal stuff. Check it out asap as it doesn't look safe. Sorry, would post the link but I'm on my phone.

Having just bought a "KangerTech Subtank" (literally this afternoon) this does sound worrying but it's really not as big a problem as some make out from what I have read & heard.

Seems like it's more of an issue for people that use "tank cracker" E-liquids and rebuildable coils although some vapers that do use both have commented on experiencing no problem whatsoever with their Subtank/RBA so not sure what that means. Maybe just an isolated incident. :shrug:

Guessing as long as I don't use any tank cracker E-liquids or the RBA (which I have no intention of doing as I got 3 free coils with mine from the shop & can't be bothered rebuilding coils) it should be fine. Fingers crossed. :lol:

Cheers for the info though Haydn & I'm sure Andy will appreciate the heads up too. :thumbs:

Anyway this is what I bought today.

001_zps10e27632.jpg

002_zps0e7b58a6.jpg

"Pioneer4you IVP2 (Version 2) 50w" box mod with a "KangerTech Subtank" & 3100m/ah battery. Also got some "Space Jam ~ Andromeda" E-liquid to vape with it but have no idea yet if the set up's any good as the battery is still charging.

Not cheap but I thought at the end of the day I enjoy vaping & really wanted to try this sub ohming vaping, ...plus you can always sell on any used vaping equipment I've found unlike used cigarette butts which for some reason nobody wants to buy. :D

• Like 1

Just logged on, thanks for the heads up HaydnH, I've not used the RBA yet, still using the 0.5 pre made coil, I think I'd better do some digging before using it :scare:

I'll post here if I can find any more information

Having just bought a "KangerTech Subtank" (literally this afternoon) this does sound worrying but it's really not as big a problem as some make out from what I have read & heard.

Seems like it's more of an issue for people that use "tank cracker" E-liquids and rebuildable coils although some vapers that do use both have commented on experiencing no problem whatsoever with their Subtank/RBA so not sure what that means. Maybe just an isolated incident. :shrug:

Guessing as long as I don't use any tank cracker E-liquids or the RBA (which I have no intention of doing as I got 3 free coils with mine from the shop & can't be bothered rebuilding coils) it should be fine. Fingers crossed. :lol:

Cheers for the info though Haydn & I'm sure Andy will appreciate the heads up too. :thumbs:

Anyway this is what I bought today.

001_zps10e27632.jpg

002_zps0e7b58a6.jpg

"Pioneer4you IVP2 (Version 2) 50w" box mod with a "KangerTech Subtank" & 3100m/ah battery. Also got some "Space Jam ~ Andromeda" E-liquid to vape with it but have no idea yet if the set up's any good as the battery is still charging.

Not cheap but I thought at the end of the day I enjoy vaping & really wanted to try this sub ohming vaping, ...plus you can always sell on any used vaping equipment I've found unlike used cigarette butts which for some reason nobody wants to buy. :D

Looks like a tasty set up GM :thumbs: look forward to your review after you've tried it out, I know what you mean about waiting for the batteries to charge, mine took around 5 hours.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy you're new kit :thumbs:

Edited by tatooandy67

@Haydn & GMB I'll see if I can find any more info re the above concern see what's being reported on the vape forum I'm on, but hopefully things don't go south as I was very much looking forward to trying out the rba section of the sub tank.

Thanks again for the heads up Haydn :thumbs:

GM just wanted to add I've been vaping on the sub tank with the pre made 0.5 coil at 30 watts with the air vent wide open, it crackles and pops a bit and drinks the juice but the flavour is amazing and the vapour is very smooth and full and on the middle airflow setting the flavour is a touch more intense, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I have been :)

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

GM just wanted to add I've been vaping on the sub tank with the pre made 0.5 coil at 30 watts with the air vent wide open, it crackles and pops a bit and drinks the juice but the flavour is amazing and the vapour is very smooth and full and on the middle airflow setting the flavour is a touch more intense, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I have been :)

Well I had a real good go at it last night & some today. Tbh it's not for me. :(

I found it very tickly & it made me cough even on a lower wattage setting. Went up & down the scale, tried two different liquids (one was a 50/50) and still just didn't find it as nice as my old MVP2 & Protank II setup.

I enjoy a smooth vape and really couldn't get that from the new stuff I bought. Putting it on eBay as we speak just to get some of the cash back.

Glad I tried it though as otherwise I'd have never known & always wondered. ;)

Well I had a real good go at it last night & some today. Tbh it's not for me. :(

I found it very tickly & it made me cough even on a lower wattage setting. Went up & down the scale, tried two different liquids (one was a 50/50) and still just didn't find it as nice as my old MVP2 & Protank II setup.

I enjoy a smooth vape and really couldn't get that from the new stuff I bought. Putting it on eBay as we speak just to get some of the cash back.

Glad I tried it though as otherwise I'd have never known & always wondered. ;)

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy you're sub ohm set up GM, this may seem a strange statement but did you try vaping it with a 'lung hit' where you inhale directly as opposed to drawing the vape into your mouth and then inhaling in the conventional way ?

I have to admit I thought the idea quite strange until I tried it and surprisingly i found it takes the heat out of it and is actually very smooth, I'm using a 70/30 vg/pg vanilla custard

Although it's not for everyone but as you said you should be able to recoup the money spent :)

You need to use at least 70/30 VG/PG on a sub ohm, most people use 100%. The PG irritates the throat.

It's also a good idea to use low nicotine too,

I'm currently using 70/30 vg/pg with 3mg of nicotine but am intending to try 100% vg nic free

Plus it's the high vg content that gives the big clouds :)

And that yes, don't think you should ever go over 6mg on these.

Absolutely I tried my regular nic strength (18mg) which I use in my daily (nautilus with a 1.7 ohm Bvc at between 7 & 10 watts) in my sub ohm set up, nearly choked and felt quite ill, don't think I'll do that again :lol:

Edited by tatooandy67

Got my hands on an Aspire Atlantis today :yahoo:

25DA0917-A24F-4C58-B311-482E71D1B763_zpslkopzkpk.jpg

The reviews I've been reading seem to be spot on, it's very power hungry, seems to be at its best for my taste anyway at around 40watts

I started off at 20w meh, 30w flavour coming through better, upped it to 40w sweet, tried all the airflow settings and I'm happiest at the second and third airflow settings at 40 watts mmmm full flavour, surprisingly cool vape and huge clouds :teeth:

The fourth or wide open setting is a little airy for me and takes the edge off the flavour but the clouds this thing produces are huge

Not sure now wether I prefer this or the Kanger sub tank, better vape some more and see ;)

Only downside I can see is at 40w my batteries may run down a bit quicker and I wish the tank was a bit bigger, at 2ml I think I'll be doing plenty of refills :lol:

.... Very happy, sitting in a cloud filled lounge :p

• Like 2

Well either way I have put it up for sale now Andy/JP so it's a bit late for me to go buying more different liquids to try with it.

The problem is that I'm down to 3mg E-liquids now and the ones I use are particularly high pg with I think a 70/30 pg/vg. I'm used to them now and really enjoy them so I find some of the other liquids a little tasteless.

Spoke to the guys today in the E-cig shop and this time have come away with some of my favourite "Eshisha" E-liquids (3mg Nic) plus a "Beyond Vape - Silo" clearomizer tank.

It uses BV coils (bottom vertical coils) and is actually made under a different company name by Aspire I believe so is technically part of the Aspire Nautilus family if you like. B):lol:

Been using it now for over an hour and am much happier with my setup now. :yahoo: Actually gives more clouds too.

001_zps1f1705d8.jpg

It came with two drip tips so you have the option of a 2mm small bore tip which gives a tighter draw for better flavour or a 5mm big bore tip which gives a more airy draw with more vapour. Currently I'm using the 2mm only because I couldn't decide which I liked best so will swap & change over the next few weeks.

Another good feature is the adjustable airflow it has which range from a 1.1mm hole right up to a 1.8mm slot that has a 2.5mm total area.

Great bit of kit for £29.99 and can use Nautilus BDC or BVC coils too. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Well either way I have put it up for sale now Andy/JP so it's a bit late for me to go buying more different liquids to try with it.

The problem is that I'm down to 3mg E-liquids now and the ones I use are particularly high pg with I think a 70/30 pg/vg. I'm used to them now and really enjoy them so I find some of the other liquids a little tasteless.

Spoke to the guys today in the E-cig shop and this time have come away with some of my favourite "Eshisha" E-liquids (3mg Nic) plus a "Beyond Vape - Silo" clearomizer tank.

It uses BV coils (bottom vetical coils) and is actually made under a different company name by Aspire I believe so is technically part of the Aspire Nautilus family if you like. B):lol:

Been using it now for over an hour and am much happier with my setup now. :yahoo: Actually gives more clouds too.

001_zps1f1705d8.jpg

It came with two drip tips so you have the option of a 2mm small bore tip which gives a tighter draw for better flavour or a 5mm big bore tip which gives a more airy draw with more vapour. Currently I'm using the 2mm only because I couldn't decide which I liked best so will swap & change over the next few weeks.

Another good feature is the adjustable airflow it has which range from a 1.1mm hole right up to a 1.8mm slot that has a 2.5mm total area.

Great bit of kit for £29.99 and can use Nautilus BDC or BVC coils too. :thumbs:

Sweet, is that the one with the 5ml capacity tank ? I was looking at that on Internet and couldn't decide between either that one or the nautilus, they both have the same afc 'air flow control' which I think is very good, smaller for more flavour, larger for more air and bigger clouds

I've found that the Bvc - bottom vertical coils work really well and seem to be quite long lasting :thumbs:

Although they will eventually wear out they're reasonably cheap to replace at around £2 each so won't break the bank

There's a good website www.myepack.co.uk who stock spares and a wealth of other goodies too

GLWTS of your sub ohm kit, happy vaping :)

Sweet, is that the one with the 5ml capacity tank ? I was looking at that on Internet and couldn't decide between either that one or the nautilus, they both have the same afc 'air flow control' which I think is very good, smaller for more flavour, larger for more air and bigger clouds

I've found that the Bvc - bottom vertical coils work really well and seem to be quite long lasting :thumbs:

Although they will eventually wear out they're reasonably cheap to replace at around £2 each so won't break the bank

There's a good website www.myepack.co.uk who stock spares and a wealth of other goodies too

GLWTS of your sub ohm kit, happy vaping :)

Yes Andy it's got a 5ml tank capacity so double what I'm used to so that's good as I probably filled my old one up twice a day sometimes.

My sub ohm kit already has one bid and 6 or more watchers so should get most of my money back by the looks of it.

I have had a look on that website before when you linked it the first time a few pages ago on here. ;)

Very impressed with the stuff that's on it so maybe when I get some money back from the sale of my old kit I'll have a good look on there. Thanks. :thumbs:

Caved in and bought the Sigelei 100W plus for my Atlantis :D

Should be here Tuesday :thumbs:

Got some 3mg Kings Crown CYT waiting to go in it.

You'll love it I'm sure, it's a great combination :thumbs:

I'm currently vaping birmingham fog maccy d (strawberry milkshake) through my Atlantis it's very moorish ;)

Edit predictive txt on my phone

Edited by tatooandy67

Caved in and bought the Sigelei 100W plus for my Atlantis :D

Should be here Tuesday :thumbs:

Got some 3mg Kings Crown CYT waiting to go in it.

You'll love it I'm sure, it's a great combination :thumbs;

I'm currently vaping birmingham fog maccy d (strawberry milkshake) thorough my Atlantis it's very moorish ;)

That's the problem though with the flavours you really like, ...can't seem to put them down. :surrender::lol:

@Jp ~ Good luck with the Sigelei 100W and hope you enjoy it. :thumbs:

• Like 1