E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

Waaaaaaaa.

Changed the coil in my nautilus mini and it tastes burnt now. Changed it again and same thing.

What's happened :-(

Try priming the coil - add a drop or two of your ejuice into the top of the coil, not too much though or you will flood it, then fill your tank as usual put it back together and leave it to stand for a few mins to give the wick chance to get saturated :thumbs:

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

Well, I've decided to join you all on this. Today arrived my Tornado V3 starter kit from Totally Wicked. I've got some reading up to do before I get started as usual me, jumping in feet first, bought an extra bottle of fluid and then found that it has 0% nicotine in it. I just went for the flavour.

I'm a 30 a day smoker and want to start off with virtually the same nicotine hit, but to slowly ween myself away from that eventually.

The fluid in the kit is Black Magic 3.0% 30mg/ml.

Should I stick with that for a while?

• Like 1

Well, I've decided to join you all on this. Today arrived my Tornado V3 starter kit from Totally Wicked. I've got some reading up to do before I get started as usual me, jumping in feet first, bought an extra bottle of fluid and then found that it has 0% nicotine in it. I just went for the flavour.

I'm a 30 a day smoker and want to start off with virtually the same nicotine hit, but to slowly ween myself away from that eventually.

Just noticed your post Steve and good on you for giving it ago. :clap:

Seeing as you're a heavy smoker you're probably using the correct E-liquid at 30mg plus and you definitely should try to reduce the amount though as time goes by.

I went from a reasonable strength and reduced my intake slowly over the months, ...am now down to 3mg. ;)

More info you may find useful here: http://www.vapertrain.com/page/hdics

:thumbs:

• Like 1

@steve916 - welcome to the club :)

I was a heavy smoker approx 30 to 40 roll ups daily and I started my vaping on 24mg nic, after a few weeks had to drop it down to 18mg as the 24 was becoming a bit harsh and now I've just lowered mine to 12 so be prepared, the 30mg you have may be a little harsh, if so don't be disheartened just step it down til you find your sweet spot, good luck with your quit :thumbs:

Edited for spelling now I'm not on my phone

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

Well done for taking the plunge! Over the next few weeks you'll probably feel side effects like shortness of breath and tingling arms, keep in mind that it's your body healing (oxygen reaching parts of the body it hasn't in a while will cause tingling) and expunging all the poisons from smoking! It's nothing to do with needing more/less nicotine so don't get it confused with cravings.

• Like 1

^^^^ side effects I suffered when I quit the ciggies and started vaping were ...

..... within a couple of days my breathing started to improve, wheezing stopped

Very little in the way of withdrawal as I think I may have been getting more nicotine from vaping so just the psychological withdrawal (not rolling etc)

No longer smell like an ashtray etc, etc

I could go on but we all know the potential benefits

Biggest symptom for me was and still is empty wallet as I keep buying more and more vaping gear :lol:

Took the plunge and decided I'm going to make my own ejuice, so I got a selection of flavour concentrates in my current favourite flavours, some nicotine concentrate, some vg and pg and a few syringes, bottles etc so after a little bit of maths and then a double check with an ejuice calculator I'm ready to go, I'll post my results in due course, wish me luck :)

I've tried vaping with the cheap £10 sets where you get the whole e cigs and a liquid, I used it for a few days and then gave up as I wasn't a fan of the taste and not enough vapour for me.

At the moment I smoke 20 Richmond Superkings a day. I realise that ultimately it will come down to personal preference but can anybody recommend an e cig and some liquids for me as I'd like to give vaping another go but there's so many out there that I don't know what to try first. Ideally I don't want to keep buying different e cigs. The Eleaf Istick 30W and nautilus seem popular, would that be a good place to start? Can't find it on the joyetch site with the discount code though. Any suggestions on which websites to use and liquids?

Sorry to be vague, just hoping for some suggestions as I don't know anybody that uses an e cig

I've tried vaping with the cheap £10 sets where you get the whole e cigs and a liquid, I used it for a few days and then gave up as I wasn't a fan of the taste and not enough vapour for me.

At the moment I smoke 20 Richmond Superkings a day. I realise that ultimately it will come down to personal preference but can anybody recommend an e cig and some liquids for me as I'd like to give vaping another go but there's so many out there that I don't know what to try first. Ideally I don't want to keep buying different e cigs. The Eleaf Istick 30W and nautilus seem popular, would that be a good place to start? Can't find it on the joyetch site with the discount code though. Any suggestions on which websites to use and liquids?

Sorry to be vague, just hoping for some suggestions as I don't know anybody that uses an e cig

ELeaf Istick 30w and aspire nautilus/nautilus mini is a great set up, both my mrs and I have these, there's a good website www.myepack.co.uk that stock them for a good price, juices are very subjective as everyone likes different tastes but my current favourites are vampire vapes strawberry milkshake, banoffee, pineapple and red lips, these are available at www.vampirevapes.co.uk hope this helps :thumbs:

• Like 1

Imo something like this will be fine as a starter kit: http://myepack.co.uk/review/product/list/id/1022/category/11/

It's only £20 so if it doesn't work out you've not lost much although you'll find you can sell these things on easily as they are very popular.

As for E-liquids these are my favourite which I always use now as the taste is fantastic: http://www.zappecigs.co.uk/#!eshish/crgc

You'd want to start with at least the 20mg nicotine E-liquid I'd say and then reduce the E-liquids nicotine content as you feel fit and comfortable with. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Took the plunge and decided I'm going to make my own ejuice, so I got a selection of flavour concentrates in my current favourite flavours, some nicotine concentrate, some vg and pg and a few syringes, bottles etc so after a little bit of maths and then a double check with an ejuice calculator I'm ready to go, I'll post my results in due course, wish me luck :)

.....my first batch of ejuice was ready this morning, the Mrs has been vaping it all day with no ill effects :lol: must say I'm very pleased with the early results, batch no2 is underway, I've gone for banana 2.0 (same as the first batch but with a little flavour tweek) as her indoors likes this and a 50/50 mix of strawberry milkshake & banana mmmmm fingers x'd :)
  • Like 1

.....my first batch of ejuice was ready this morning, the Mrs has been vaping it all day with no ill effects :lol: must say I'm very pleased with the early results, batch no2 is underway, I've gone for banana 2.0 (same as the first batch but with a little flavour tweek) as her indoors likes this and a 50/50 mix of strawberry milkshake & banana mmmmm fingers x'd :)

Can't believe you're using the Mrs as your guinea pig. :scare::dry::lol:

Fair play for giving it ago though and hope all goes well. :clap:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread as if anyone was wondering if vaping on E-cigs can help to stop you smoking I thought they might find this interesting.

I have stopped using my E-cig as of 1 week ago today so am completely nicotine free now. :D Although I do want to smoke like crazy still at the moment (but I haven't). :lol:

The basic story fyi ~ January 2014 app. I stopped smoking normal cigarettes (Benson & Hedges Silver) and moved onto vaping electronic cigarettes after buying an E-cig starter pack for £35 odd from my local E-cig shop.

Basically a battery, charger, clearomizer, case & one free E-liquid.

At first I was using fairly high nicotine level E-liquids but slowly I reduced these down (18mg, 16mg, 12mg, 8mg, 6mg, 3mg) over a period of months. The week before last I decided that I should quit now in order to further boost my monthly income with my impending house move on the cards.

I did this by mixing my usual 3mg nicotine E-liquid with an identical flavour 0mg nicotine free E-liquid (ratio 1:5). I did this for about 5 days before switching completely to nicotine free E-liquid.

This actually seemed to work pretty well for me as I only really started to get strong withdrawals this last week after I completely stopped using the E-cig altogether even though I had already stopped using the E-liquids with nicotine in 5 days or so prior.

So now I feel it's safe to say I've actually given up smoking & nicotine completely. :yahoo:

I also worked out some costs btw.

Smoking cigarettes used to cost me "on average" £125 per month (£1500 per year although it was probably higher than this).

Vaping E-cigarettes used to cost me "on average" £44 per month (£528 per year although it was probably higher than this).

^^ Pretty good saving per year I think not to mention I do feel healthier & fitter now. :boxing:;)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Just thought I'd bump this thread as if anyone was wondering if vaping on E-cigs can help to stop you smoking I thought they might find this interesting.

I have stopped using my E-cig as of 1 week ago today so am completely nicotine free now. :D Although I do want to smoke like crazy still at the moment (but I haven't). :lol:

The basic story fyi ~ January 2014 app. I stopped smoking normal cigarettes (Benson & Hedges Silver) and moved onto vaping electronic cigarettes after buying an E-cig starter pack for £35 odd from my local E-cig shop.

Basically a battery, charger, clearomizer, case & one free E-liquid.

At first I was using fairly high nicotine level E-liquids but slowly I reduced these down (18mg, 16mg, 12mg, 8mg, 6mg, 3mg) over a period of months. The week before last I decided that I should quit now in order to further boost my monthly income with my impending house move on the cards.

I did this by mixing my usual 3mg nicotine E-liquid with an identical flavour 0mg nicotine free E-liquid (ratio 1:5). I did this for about 5 days before switching completely to nicotine free E-liquid.

This actually seemed to work pretty well for me as I only really started to get strong withdrawals this last week after I completely stopped using the E-cig altogether even though I had already stopped using the E-liquids with nicotine in 5 days or so prior.

So now I feel it's safe to say I've actually given up smoking & nicotine completely. :yahoo:

I also worked out some costs btw.

Smoking cigarettes used to cost me "on average" £125 per month (£1500 per year although it was probably higher than this).

Vaping E-cigarettes used to cost me "on average" £44 per month (£528 per year although it was probably higher than this).

^^ Pretty good saving per year I think not to mention I do feel healthier & fitter now. :boxing:;)

Congrats Gareth! Well done!

• Like 1