E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

I'd definitely recommend it. I think out of the preprepared juices I've tried, I've only ever liked 2-3 of them.

I'll pass though as I'm sorted for a while :) And yep, my desk is a bit of a mess :dry:

20150818_222809_zpsxfwrpt1i.jpg

Edited by Hodaka

I'd definitely recommend it. I think out of the preprepared juices I've tried, I've only ever liked 2-3 of them.

I'll pass though as I'm sorted for a while :) And yep, my desk is a bit of a mess :dry:

20150818_222809_zpsxfwrpt1i.jpg

Where do you get your supplies from? And if you don't mind me asking, how much is the habit costing when you're making your own juice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you get your supplies from? And if you don't mind me asking, how much is the habit costing when you're making your own juice?

I buy my stuff from JustVape247. I don't think I can post links yet (?) but the address is typed on the big bottles in my pic or is their name followed by .com . I've only ever had a problem with them once, where they forgot a few items. I just emailed them and they sorted it out super quickly, so I'd definitely recommend them :thumbs: No idea how competitive their prices are now days, but they definitely were when I started using them a couple of years ago.

Cost-wise hmmm.... Well the 2 bottles (I think 1L each) of VG / PG cost around £7 and the nicotine (100ml) cost £15. I think that easily lasts me 6 - 8 months. The flavourings themselves are like £2 - £3 each, and I think I get about a months worth out of each.

Sorry I'm being vague as I don't keep proper track, but with those figures I guess around £7 per month? To give you context, I'm quite a heavy "vaper", using it at work and at home. I couldn't tell you how many ml I vape a day as I do partial refills / top ups, but do like my juice to be relatively weak. It's definitely a big saving over buying premade juice though, and more fun. Saying that I'm super lazy these days so don't bother mixing flavours :surrender:

Have you heard of "Planet of the Vapes" by the way? They have user-submitted recipes if you do take the plunge. :)

Judging by the Kanger Subox Mini Kit you linked, I take it you recoil yourself?

I buy my stuff from JustVape247. I don't think I can post links yet (?) but the address is typed on the big bottles in my pic or is their name followed by .com . I've only ever had a problem with them once, where they forgot a few items. I just emailed them and they sorted it out super quickly, so I'd definitely recommend them :thumbs: No idea how competitive their prices are now days, but they definitely were when I started using them a couple of years ago.

Cost-wise hmmm.... Well the 2 bottles (I think 1L each) of VG / PG cost around £7 and the nicotine (100ml) cost £15. I think that easily lasts me 6 - 8 months. The flavourings themselves are like £2 - £3 each, and I think I get about a months worth out of each.

Sorry I'm being vague as I don't keep proper track, but with those figures I guess around £7 per month? To give you context, I'm quite a heavy "vaper", using it at work and at home. I couldn't tell you how many ml I vape a day as I do partial refills / top ups, but do like my juice to be relatively weak. It's definitely a big saving over buying premade juice though, and more fun. Saying that I'm super lazy these days so don't bother mixing flavours :surrender:

Have you heard of "Planet of the Vapes" by the way? They have user-submitted recipes if you do take the plunge. :)

Judging by the Kanger Subox Mini Kit you linked, I take it you recoil yourself?

Thanks, I'll check those places out!

I don't actually, I use the 60W 0.5 ohm coils you they sell for it; never looked into making my own coils as I'd probably never get the hang of working it all out!

I don't actually, I use the 60W 0.5 ohm coils you they sell for it; never looked into making my own coils as I'd probably never get the hang of working it all out!

Oh as in you buy premade coils then stick that in your RBA and rewick yourself? I guess that's a good option then. Making the coil is the bit I hate the most haha. Easy but a hassle :lol:

Oh no I meant I buy the whole atomiser, my friends and I just call them coils but I meant the whole precoiled and prewicked atomisers 😋 I have got an RBA with my tank, I've just never used it! I feel like the kit and time required to make them isn't really worth it for a tank like mine, if I had a professional quad coil tank I'd probably do it myself

• 1 month later...

Those Smok tanks look awesome, I was tempted to get one but my current tank and battery decide to go tits up so I needed another one quick and cheap since I don't get paid until Wednesday

Edited by Masa

How long does it take to make your own? From what I've read online you need to leave it to stand for like a week and that's just too long to wait to find out if I'm gunna like the flavour

I've been mixing my own juices for years and I personally don't bother letting it stand. I just mix and use immediately. I can't taste any difference 1 minute after I mix vs a week after I mix.

Maybe my taste buds are dead :lol:

Mostly I just mix and vape within 24 hours but I do like to leave the creamy flavours like custard/milkshakes etc to steep for as long as I can (usually around 1 or 2 weeks as I'm not good at waiting) I find some flavours improve over time but others don't really change, I just recently dug out a bottle of vanilla custard that had been at the back of my drawer for around 6 months, the colour had darkened and the smell and flavour had increased quite dramatically, it was the nicest creamiest custard I have ever vaped I wish it was a bigger bottle. Steeping is very subjective and individual to everyone who diy's ejuice, some swear by it, others don't bother. The best answer I can give is make up a couple of bottles of each flavour you fancy then you can have one for use straight away and the other can be left for a while to see if the flavours get better or stay the same over time. :)

Glad to see so many vapers here, can't believe I've only just seen this thread!

I own 1 high street vape shop and have a 50/50 partnership with another, Currently in the middle of setting up an online base and we do make our own branded E juice,

If anyones looking for new suppliers, new products or general info shoot me a PM, I can do good discounts compared to high street shops, Also look for a few testers for our new E-Juice, it will be on a "you choose we mix" basis, so can make any PG to VG Ratio you desire, and any nicotine strength upto 24MG, in increments of 1, instead of the standard 3,6,12,18,24.

Bottle prices vary slightly but the "average shop" sells quality juice 20ml for £10-£15 upwards

Our premium juice - mixed using your own ratios, or our standard ratios will be £12.50 but you get 30ml of juice :)

I have suppleirs for all the high end equipment like the smok, kangers etc etc

drop me a message :) I am a Members trader here so you know your in good company!

• 2 weeks later...

Full testing has been completed with product reviews.

If you require any liquid before the website launch please feel free to contact me here.

Website home currently looks like this :

2s958nm.jpg

I am taking the over complicated website, making a fresh, premium looking website, easy to use, simple and to the point.

prices are as follows :

for any Nicotine, PG:VG ratio :

10ML = £4

20ML £7

30ML: £9

50ML :£14

100ML : £22

Shipping is extra (£2.99) but free for orders over £30.

Edited by cmr1991

Guys looking for some advise.

I just got back onto vaping and its a leap ahead since i last did it, no more wicks, but coils and variable rate power :)

So i bought a curve 2, seems great for my requirements, but, i have gone through two coils in a week and no i am not gunning it by any means. Suddenly its starts getting that burned taste that was very noticeable when your wicks burned out and just starts getting worse and worse.

Using American Gold at 3.5v never run dry.

Any advise, am i doing something wrong?

Edited by Jetpilot

i have gone through two coils in a week and no i am not gunning it by any means.

I can't really comment on replacement style coils as I build my own, but generally I'd change my cotton wick once a day, 3 days at most and the coil once a week ish to avoid bad flavours so that wouldn't surprise me. Although I've just switched back to a genesis style atomizer with stainless steel mesh as a wick, they're a pain in the a*se to setup, but once it's working nicely you don't need to replace anything for months.

• 3 weeks later...

Boom - I'm a 'Serial Vapist' now ;)

Been on it for about 6 weeks. Jumped straight into Sub Ohm vaping with a Kangertech 50w.

Very addictive, haven't touched a ciggie since the afternoon I bought this.

In the 6 weeks I've bought 4 different tanks, currently using a Billo V2 - Awesome tank, it's an RDA tank so you have to make custom coils etc. Much better than buying coils as they can last up to two months.

After 2 weeks dropped from 6mg down to 3mg of nic.

I've now got a power hunger, so ordered the Snow Wolf - 200w - Cannot wait!

Recomended Juice - http://www.hodgeshomebrew.co.uk/ Blue Slush!

Way too many pages to read in this thread so hope I've posted the correct thing :lol:

Guys looking for some advise.

I just got back onto vaping and its a leap ahead since i last did it, no more wicks, but coils and variable rate power :)

So i bought a curve 2, seems great for my requirements, but, i have gone through two coils in a week and no i am not gunning it by any means. Suddenly its starts getting that burned taste that was very noticeable when your wicks burned out and just starts getting worse and worse.

Using American Gold at 3.5v never run dry.

Any advise, am i doing something wrong?

High chance of faulty coils, should last min 1 week. A colleague had same issue, took them back to the shop and replaced them with a different style which never caused him an issue.
  • Like 1

^^^ have you tried the uwell crown it's currently my favourite tank for both temp control and power modes

Loads of flavour and the ability to fog up a room instantly :lol:

The snow wolf is a great mod imo, hope you enjoy it

I have not, it's all about the clouds :lol:

It was a toss up between that, the X-Cube, Siegel and IPV3 oh and this new one that came out recently ijoy asolo.

I still love my drippers but the Mrs gets annoyed with me topping up all the time so I've just bought a squonker:

http://www.ivapour-e...uonker-50w.html

Pretty good price for an atty and box if you ask me... I'll let you know how it goes as it only arrived today.

I saw someone using something similar to this.

It's basically a dripper connected to a tank (The juice bottle)

I do love the look of Drippers/Mech mods etc, but I just cba topping up all the time :(

Bought a dripper which I ended up giving to a friend as my mod only went to 50w at the time.

Snow wolf is here and it's awesome, the quality of the build, the feel is excellent.

Currently googling the best Coil builds to take this over 100watts.

Atm it burns at 60/70 watts.

I have 24Gauge wire.

If anyone has any tips on building coils, let me know :)