E-Cigs and Juices

ddcboyle

I've been smoking the e-cigs since new years eve this year and I've not smoked a cigarette since.

Sounds great however I'm now way more addicted to the e-cig than I ever was the real thing, It literally doesn't leave my side.

Quitting the e-cig will be the real challenge for me and I intend on doing it soon, absolutely sick of it.

• Like 1

Congrats GMB on quitting the nicotine, I'm still very attached to my ecig, currently using 12mg, been cigarette (roll up) free since beginning of Dec '14

I was spending around £120 pm on smoking, as I make my own ejuice it's currently costing me about £3 per week to vape so as well as benefitting from not smoking I'm saving too

My better half started using ecig end of last January and like you she steadily reduced her nicotine until she was nicotine free and then quit completely, she's been nicotine free and ecig free now for around 8 weeks so fwiw I think ecigs are a great way to get off the cigarettes/tobacco :)

• Like 1

Same story with me really, stopped smoking some time in the past 6 months and bought myself an ecig to start the gradual decent to nicotine freeness; I started on 12mg and I've worked my way down to 6.

I started vaping not so much as to stop as quick as possible but to get to a point where I could enjoy vaping nicotine free as I enjoy the flavour (and the infamous 'throat hit')

What's everyone's favourite juices? I'm a sweet vape man myself and have found Tooth Fairy by Zeus Juice to be my favourite so far, closely followed by Angels Kiss by the same maker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's everyone's favourite juices? I'm a sweet vape man myself and have found Tooth Fairy by Zeus Juice to be my favourite so far, closely followed by Angels Kiss by the same maker

I've been trying LOTS of juices recently, I haven't tried those 2 but will add them to my next shopping list. My top 5 at present:

1 - Looper by ANML (Tastes like the milk left after eating fruit loops, got their other flavour to try and looking forward to it)

2 - Pisces by Twelve Vapors (Tangerine & cream, the others by Twelve Vapors I've tried have also been nice)

3 - Mother's Milk by Suicide Bunny (Strawberry milkshake with a hint of coconut)

4 - Rise by Ruthless (Lychee fruity type flavour)

5 - REMOVED!

Brands I'm currently avoiding:

- Khali Vapors (The ones I've tried taste too sweet in an artificial way, think canderel et al)

- Vapetrik/Rip Trippers (For someone so well known for their reviews etc, the couple of juices I've tried have been really disappointing).

- Trip Hammer (I used to love TH juices, I used them exclusively for a year and was their best customer (got £100 free juice!). For some reason I can't taste their juices now though, they all taste too bland. Hopefully it's me and some time away from them will improve things as their customer service and selection is awesome! If it's something they did to change their juices it would be a shame)

- Five Pawns - see below.

Edited by HaydnH

I've tried several different fruity/sweet flavours since I started vaping, my favourites were strawberry milkshake and pinkman (mixed fruit with a hint of citrus) by vampire vapes, but for the last few months I've been mixing my own, for a while I couldn't get enough cherry cola but now I seem to have moved away from the sweet juices in favour of either coconut ice (creamy coconut with cool menthol) or my current favourite plain menthol from decadent vapes

Edited by tatooandy67

I've tried several different fruity/sweet flavours since I started vaping, my favourites were strawberry milkshake and pinkman (mixed fruit with a hint of citrus) by vampire vapes, but for the last few months I've been mixing my own, for a while I couldn't get enough cherry cola but now I seem to have moved away from the sweet juices in favour of either coconut ice (creamy coconut with cool menthol) or my current favourite plain menthol from decadent vapes

I'm not really in to Menthol flavours, although they can be good if you ever get vapours tongue. I tried Crystal Menth while away with a friend who only vapes menthol and that was quite nice:

https://www.krakeneliquid.com/british-e-liquid/18-crystal-menth-eliquid.html

I've been smoking the e-cigs since new years eve this year and I've not smoked a cigarette since.

Sounds great however I'm now way more addicted to the e-cig than I ever was the real thing, It literally doesn't leave my side.

Quitting the e-cig will be the real challenge for me and I intend on doing it soon, absolutely sick of it.

I found that I was using the E-cig more often than I used to smoke cigarettes when I was smoking but I guess that was down to the ease of use. Eg: You can just pick an E-cig up & take a few puffs whenever you like, whereas once a cigarette is lit you only have a short period to smoke it before it burns away.

The thing that started pi**ing me off about the E-cig/vaping was refilling my clearomizer with E-liquid, constantly charging my battery every day and also regularly having to go to the E-cig shop to buy more E-liquids/coils.

Just got to the stage were I thought f**k this. Making some big changes with selling my Zed & getting a new house with the fiancee so the E-cigs just had to go. A lot easier to quit these things if you really want to & can see the benefits in doing so. :thumbs:

Congrats GMB on quitting the nicotine, I'm still very attached to my ecig, currently using 12mg, been cigarette (roll up) free since beginning of Dec '14

I was spending around £120 pm on smoking, as I make my own ejuice it's currently costing me about £3 per week to vape so as well as benefitting from not smoking I'm saving too

My better half started using ecig end of last January and like you she steadily reduced her nicotine until she was nicotine free and then quit completely, she's been nicotine free and ecig free now for around 8 weeks so fwiw I think ecigs are a great way to get off the cigarettes/tobacco :)

Thank you Andy. :)

Been almost two weeks now since I last used my E-cig and probably 3 weeks odd since I had a proper hit of nicotine.

I do miss smoking (E-cigs & cigarettes) but this is a healthier life style & more financially beneficial to me. Hopefully in time I'll forget about smoking/vaping altogether but I am finding it difficult at times although it easier than it was initially obviously. ;)

Edited by GMballistic

• 2 weeks later...

I found that I was using the E-cig more often than I used to smoke cigarettes when I was smoking but I guess that was down to the ease of use. Eg: You can just pick an E-cig up & take a few puffs whenever you like, whereas once a cigarette is lit you only have a short period to smoke it before it burns away.

The thing that started pi**ing me off about the E-cig/vaping was refilling my clearomizer with E-liquid, constantly charging my battery every day and also regularly having to go to the E-cig shop to buy more E-liquids/coils.

Just got to the stage were I thought f**k this. Making some big changes with selling my Zed & getting a new house with the fiancee so the E-cigs just had to go. A lot easier to quit these things if you really want to & can see the benefits in doing so. :thumbs:

Thank you Andy. :)

Been almost two weeks now since I last used my E-cig and probably 3 weeks odd since I had a proper hit of nicotine.

I do miss smoking (E-cigs & cigarettes) but this is a healthier life style & more financially beneficial to me. Hopefully in time I'll forget about smoking/vaping altogether but I am finding it difficult at times although it easier than it was initially obviously. ;)

I want to quit for the similar reasons, I'm sick of constantly charging the bloody thing and when I forget to charge it I'll come into work without it and be a nervous wreck until it's charged again. Then there's the constant driving to the garage to buy liquids and topping the thing up, buying new coils etc and to top it off I find the whole thing unsatisfying, I enjoy vaping but it's bitter sweet, It doesn't quite hit the spot and some nights I find myself resembling a crack head desperately hitting it again and again trying to find some sort of satisfaction :lol:

I had no problem coming off the cigarettes but I'm really not looking forward to stopping these. I'll probably wait until new year and do it then.

• Like 1

I want to quit for the similar reasons, I'm sick of constantly charging the bloody thing and when I forget to charge it I'll come into work without it and be a nervous wreck until it's charged again. Then there's the constant driving to the garage to buy liquids and topping the thing up, buying new coils etc and to top it off I find the whole thing unsatisfying, I enjoy vaping but it's bitter sweet, It doesn't quite hit the spot and some nights I find myself resembling a crack head desperately hitting it again and again trying to find some sort of satisfaction :lol:

I had no problem coming off the cigarettes but I'm really not looking forward to stopping these. I'll probably wait until new year and do it then.

From what you've wrote above I'd say you should try quitting it sooner than the new year. If you really are getting pi**ed off with it all (as I was) then it will help with quitting as you won't have to deal with all that cr*p. ;)

I know I'm better now than I was a few weeks ago and the cravings have definitely subsided. I went through a phase the other week though were I didn't want an E-cig but for the first time in almost 2 years I was craving cigarettes.

I didn't give in though and I guess now I can officially say I'm through the worst of it. Let me know how you get on if you do decide to give quitting a go. :thumbs:

Gm know you'll be able to help here, ive read all the pages in this thread after previously seeing the thread so many times and thinking should i quit smoking or shouldn't i.

Im on 15 tabs a day and im sick of it costing me an arm and a leg.

Can any of you recommend me a good starter pack. I have one of the cigarette shape ecigs but feel i need to move up a little as it now does nothing for me.

Nothing over 60 squid please its just a quality beginners setup. Im not even sure i need to be able to adjust volts etc.

Gm know you'll be able to help here, ive read all the pages in this thread after previously seeing the thread so many times and thinking should i quit smoking or shouldn't i.

Im on 15 tabs a day and im sick of it costing me an arm and a leg.

Can any of you recommend me a good starter pack. I have one of the cigarette shape ecigs but feel i need to move up a little as it now does nothing for me.

Nothing over 60 squid please its just a quality beginners setup. Im not even sure i need to be able to adjust volts etc.

Hi Jay, really can't hurt to try giving up the cigarettes and E-cigs are a great place to start.

Those cigarette shaped E-cigs are a waste of time imo. :thumbdown: I looked for the starter kit I had when I first started but couldn't find it as I guess my local E-cig shop just make them up.

Firstly I'd say it really is a good idea to get one with an adjustable voltage setting as different E-liquids will taste "better" at different voltages/watts due to the varying amounts of PG/VG in them between manufacturers/flavours.

Also it's a good idea to have an adjustable airflow on your clearomiser tank (the part that holds the E-liquid) as this will allow you to adjust to how you like the draw to be and whether you prefer a more airy or tighter draw (it will also effect the flavour slightly too I believe).

The only reason I recommend the above is because I bought a starter kit and within a few months started to spend money on better bits as I learnt what worked for me in order to enjoy the vaping more.

For starters though I have found you what I think is a reasonable starter kit. It's a kit containing a Vision Spinner 2 E-cig 1650mAh battery with an Kangertech Evod 2, charger & coils all for £26.99 (maybe postage on top).

Link: http://segonote.com/e-cigarette-kits/106-vision-spinner-ii-with-kangertech-evod-2-starter-kit.html

The only thing though is that the clearomiser in that kit doesn't have an adjustable airflow but if you feel you need one of those you can always get one afterwards for around £9 & upwards.

Really though the best thing to do is find a local E-cig shop, ...not a garage that sells E-cigs but a proper E-cig dedicated shop. If you do an internet search for E-cig shops in your local area I'd bet money there is one local to you.

That way you'll be able to try before you buy as most shops offer that service. Also you'll be able to see what sort of E-liquid best suits you and with you smoking 15 cigarettes a day the E-cig shop will be able to best advise what level nicotine content E-liquid you'll be best off starting on to replicate your normal daily nicotine intake from the cigarettes.

Fyi ~ I stayed away from tobacco flavoured E-liquids as I found it helped distance myself from the cigarettes, plus the fruity flavour E-liquids taste fantastic. ;)

Hope that helps some and let us know if you need anymore help as there are plenty of other E-cig smokers on here (HaydnH/Andy etc) with experience to help/guide you. :thumbs:

The Aspire premium kit is a good place to start, everything except juice to get you started. Really decent tank and good battery. I'm still using mine a year on as my daily when I'm not using the sub ohm.

Edited by Jp606
  • Like 1

The Aspire premium kit is a good place to start, everything except juice to get you started. Really decent tank and good battery. I'm still using mine a year on as my daily when I'm not using the sub ohm.

Good shout, ...I hadn't even seen that kit. ;)

Link: https://www.ukecigstore.com/aspire-nautilus-premium-kit.html

Been smoking eCigs for 2 years or so now. Currently using the Eleaf iStick 50W, which is great. Lasts for quite a long time - I only need to charge it every few days and I use my eCig all the time.

My boss doesn't mind me using it at work either as we're a small company and we have a spacious office :thumbs:

I make my own juices (and recoil myself), which is cheaper and give a lot of freedom in terms of flavour and nicotine strength.

Worst flavour bought to date - bacon flavour. Colleagues wanted me to buy it so we could try it for a laugh. Never tried it though as even the bottle it came in smelt absolutely revolting... :wacko: Shocker

You should try Marmeat (no, that isn't a typo!). :yuck:

Sounds... meat-a-licious :scare:

There's a website I use for my ejuice that has amongst its many flavours roast chicken and roast beef flavour ejuice, although I've never quite fancied trying them :)

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

There's a website I use for my ejuice that has amongst its many flavours roast chicken and roast beef flavour ejuice, although I've never quite fancied trying them :)

Can't think why not Andy? :shrug::lol:

Worst flavour I tried was "bubblegum" flavour. It was from an eBay shop & whether or not it was a properly manufactured E-liquid or not I don't know but it definitely did not taste like bubblegum. :thumbdown:

First & last time I ever risked buying an E-liquid off eBay. ;)

I've been tempted many times to make my own juice so I can make them exactly how I want them but never actually took the plunge; maybe I will with the next pay check.

Would anyone be interested in personalised juice if I do go for it? I'd be happy to concoct flavours to everyone's taste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk